Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Anyone get Platinum in Demons Souls?

Burzmali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Burzmali

When I got the game this last Christmas, I made it my mission to get the platinum trophy for the game. I finally gave up during my 5th playthrough of the game. The difficulty didn't get to me. Rather, my inability to get the Pure Bladestone to drop is what made me quit. For those who don't know, there are two enemies in the 4th world that can drop the Pure Bladestone (needed for the Bladestone trophy). The odds of either of them dropping it are very low. I farmed the one that allegedly drops it more often for probably 15 hours over the course of several weeks without success. I finally gave the game to my younger brother to try. 

Has anyone here actually gotten platinum with this game? Did it take you forever to get the Pure Bladestone, or am I just really unlucky?

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Akeldama

As much as I love Demon's Souls, fuck Demon's Souls.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By Timing

Yes, and yes, it also took me forever to find the Pure Bladestone. I'd never done such a mind-numbing task for that long in a game and I doubt I ever will again, but I did do it.

Dr_VonBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Dr_VonBoogie

Yeah I got the Platinum. took me one afternoon to get the Pure Bladestone. If I'm not mistaken all you have to do is lower the tendency system to pure darkness in the specific world and enter through the back until you reach the Black Skeletons. In fact, the farming of the Pure Bladestone also corresponds with a unique soul farming method. Here, just do everything that this guy did in the video and if you're lucky you'll get that Pure Bladestone in one afternoon.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Karkarov

No I don't have the platinum, yes I could have it.  Why don't I?  Well I got one guy who is one spell and one insanity catalyst away from two gold trophies, and frankly there are two weapon types I have just never bothered making a plus 5 version of because I just don't use those weapons.  Yes I have the bladestone trophy so that isn't stopping me.  I never understood the whole fascination with trophies or achievements, my favorite ones and the only ones I care about are the ones I got for doing odd things in games that were off the beaten path.  Like the one I got called "Irony" or something like that  from Bioshock 1.

Meanwhile I know a couple guys who have platinum'd it in all three versions of the game.

Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Lemoncookie01

I got everyone trophy other than the Bladestone one.
    Seriously fuck that trophy.

Burzmali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Burzmali
    @Dr_VonBoogie: Yeah, that's what I did when I was farming for so many hours. The damn thing never dropped. I had heard that increasing your luck and using the Large Sword of Searching actually hurt your chances of getting it. Of course, I heard about that AFTER I maxed my luck and had been using the LSoS.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Akeldama said:
    " As much as I love Demon's Souls, fuck Demon's Souls. "
    This is a very good quote, and I am proud of the human who wrote it. 

Anyway, I could barely make it through Demon's Souls one time.  It was a great experience, but getting all those trophies requires like 25 fucking playthroughs.  Fuck that.
    Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Karkarov
    @Burzmali said:

" @Dr_VonBoogie: Yeah, that's what I did when I was farming for so many hours. The damn thing never dropped. I had heard that increasing your luck and using the Large Sword of Searching actually hurt your chances of getting it. Of course, I heard about that AFTER I maxed my luck and had been using the LSoS. "

That's a myth, raising luck and using the LSoS has no bearing on the drop rate of the pure bladestone, it neither hurts nor helps it.  What Luck and the LSoS DO do ...... is raise the drop rate percentage, meaning it makes it more likely that a mob will drop an item.  Since the Black Skeletons you have to kill to get the pure bladeston already have a 100% drop rate (they always drop "something") this doesn't do anything for you.

@InfamousBIG: 
    Actually to get them all on one character technically requires 4 playthroughs minimum, but no more than that.  6 is enough if you are REALLY sloppy. If you are lame and follow a walkthrough or use knowledge you gain after getting really good at the game you can get all but 3 trophies in 1 playthrough, doing that is a pain in the ass though.
    TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TotalEklypse

yep. one of my favorite trophies. took about 2 weeks to get it after launch.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FunExplosions

Nope. Never plan to get the scraping spear. Pretty much obsolete in single player, and I will never force my opponents in multiplayer sessions to deal with the frustration of me using the spear. I realize it was put into the game, so people can use it, but I just don't personally feel the need to piss strangers off so badly. I may finally get it for the trophy one day, though. Oh yeah, and pure bladestone. I got that thing once, but then I think I deleted the character, and couldn't get the stone while I was actively searching for it.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By AuthenticM

I platinumed it. :)

Rio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Rio

Yeah I have it, I experienced pure obsession over the game the first summer after the asian release.  As everyone can see from the comments, it is the crafting set of trophies that will hold you back.  I believe it was the chunk of sucker stones (is that the right name? hard to remember at this point) that took me a while to get.  My platinum is on the Asian version of the game.  I have a little under half the trophies on the US release and suspect one of these days I will come back and get the platinum for that version as well.  God damn is DS addicting.  

WizardShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By WizardShazam

Almost done with my third playthrough.  I do an area every week or two so I will get there before too long. 

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By fugie7

As much as i love this game, i don't really see myself getting a platinum for this game.

rargy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#16  Edited By rargy

Just need two more spells which i will get on my 4th playthrough.. and the pure bladestone.  So far i've farmed over 3 million souls trying to get it to drop.  At least it's easy to kill the skeleton.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By owl_of_minerva

Farming ores is not the reason I play games: but for those dedicated enough to Demon's Souls to do it, commendations are in order.

Curval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Curval

I have the Platinum in Demon's Souls.  It took me about a month to get.  The Pure Bladestone was the tough part after I farmed that the rest was easy.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By Yummylee

There are games with far less time consuming and easier trophies I still can't be bothered to get for the platinum. Demon's Souls... I have no chance of making it through to the platinum.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mordukai

Just got mine...Wooo Hooo

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.