Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Are servers global?

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Fallen189

With this game just not coming out in the UK for another 6/7 weeks, I can buy the American version(Thank you region free) and get it now, for an extra £2.

Now my question is, will I then be able to play with my friends or whatever in the UK when they get it? I'm not sure how exactly the networking/online/servers work, so if anyone could give me clarity, I'd be in debt.

Cheers!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

I've never played with anyone who didn't speak English, and I'm in Canada. So maybe that's saying something? I realize that different people can move around the world but still.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gaff
    @xyzygy said:
    " I've never played with anyone who didn't speak English, and I'm in Canada. So maybe that's saying something? "
    That's because the North American servers were separate from the Asian servers. I wouldn't be surprised if they kept all servers local for the EU release too.
    lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By lego_my_eggo

im not sure how they will handle the UK servers, but with the US version we had our own servers separate from the Asian servers. i have not followed info on the UK release (didn't hear about it till you said it) but there was no reason other then lag for them to separate the US/Asian version but they did anyway so i would wait for confirmation.

yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By yani

I would of thought that the EU would get its own servers, don't know how they would handle all the different languages though.  They could just hook us up to the US servers as I've never experienced any lag with my imported version.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By eroticfishcake

It's coming out then? Bollocks, I won't be here! Argh!

Anyway, I don't know but like the other guys said, there are US and Asian servers so I wouldn't be surprised if there was an EU server. The languages are another thing though. But considering how the message system uses set phrases I don't think it'll be a massive problem.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fallen189

Can I really wait so long...

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake

I can so you can too!

Maybe...

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#9  Edited By Icemael
    @Fallen189 said:
    " With this game just not coming out in the UK for another 6/7 weeks, I can buy the American version(Thank you region free) and get it now, for an extra £2."
    You do know that if you buy the European version, you get an artbook, a soundtrack and a hardbound strategy guide at no extra cost, right?
    Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
    deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some reason the US servers have all but died for me recently. 
    Possibly I'm in a SL bracket where there aren't that many people online but I'd think 70ish would still be pretty active.

On the bright side I don't have to deal with asshats with acid cloud and scraping spears....

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Icemael: That's the regular edition right? Is there a collecter's edition at all?
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#12  Edited By Jazz

Global as in if you're in the EU you can play on the Asia one? 
    I do it every day, and I'm in Spain..so sure. 
    Might want to wait though. 

Took down Flamelurker this morning..booyah.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By PillClinton

I just started playing this game, and I'm really trying hard to like it, but I just don't know if I can.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By eroticfishcake
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By apathylad
    @Icemael said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    " With this game just not coming out in the UK for another 6/7 weeks, I can buy the American version(Thank you region free) and get it now, for an extra £2."
    You do know that if you buy the European version, you get an artbook, a soundtrack and a hardbound strategy guide at no extra cost, right? "
    Yeah, I missed out on the US Deluxe Edition, so I think I'm going to import the European version to get all that stuff.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fallen189
    @Icemael said:
    " @Fallen189 said:
    You do know that if you buy the European version, you get an artbook, a soundtrack and a hardbound strategy guide at no extra cost, right? "
    I doubt i'd look at an artbook, and a soundtrack for a game like that=ehhhhhhhh

Strategy guide is nice, but I don't really want a guide with it, I know that however much I want to NOT cheat, I'll end up doing. Because there's no real clarification, I'm sure I can wait 7 weeks. But it'll be long
    Chojin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Chojin
    @Fallen189:  

There`s a new publisher for the European version, Namco Bandai as opposed to Atlas in America, so there`ll most definitely be new servers as well.

The guide is actually a printed version of the fan made wiki , which is awesome. This is the only game I`ve ever played where the experience was actually enhanced by a guide. There`s soooo much stuff that is never explained and simply left for us to figure out and share among ourselves, which the wiki does perfectly. If you don`t wish to cheat, just don`t read the boss tactics. Everything else though is really going to help you understand and enjoy the game so much more.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fallen189
    @Chojin said:
    " @Fallen189:  

There`s a new publisher for the European version, Namco Bandai as opposed to Atlas in America, so there`ll most definitely be new servers as well.

The guide is actually a printed version of the fan made wiki , which is awesome. This is the only game I`ve ever played where the experience was actually enhanced by a guide. There`s soooo much stuff that is never explained and simply left for us to figure out and share among ourselves, which the wiki does perfectly. If you don`t wish to cheat, just don`t read the boss tactics. Everything else though is really going to help you understand and enjoy the game so much more.

"
    Ohhhhh lovely ^^

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.