Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Need a bit of help with World Tendency.

Gamebite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gamebite

Hey all,

I need some help with that world tendency stuff... I just can't figure it out. At the moment i am at flamelurker i think (the boss before the dragon god) but i am still running around with my starting gear :S  I have been looking around and it seems that I partially need world tendency to unlock fights that could give armor. But i can't seem to shift it, every time i want to enter the first gate at the first stone it is still closed :( 

Now my question is if someone could explain it clear what i should do about this, i don't know if it helps but my console is connected to the Internet (i have read something about being online while trying to shift it).

Thanks in advance.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mosespippy

I've never played the game but it is my understanding that world tendency gets darker every time you die. On Halloween it is as dark as it can get, and at Christmas it is as light as it can get. I'm not sure if you need it lighter or darker, nor am I sure how being connected to the internet affects shifts.

Gamebite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Gamebite
    @mosespippy:  Well what i have seen or read about it, it's even more than only dying . That thing is that it's really confusing to me, then again I'm still new to this game :P But thanks for the quick reply :D
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Gamebite: This page ought to help you out. Helped me anyway.
    Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Karkarov

Number one:  You don't need better armor, you need to practice your dodging.  Not getting hit is infinitely better than getting hit and just taking less damage from it.  If anything you need to focus on getting a better weapon, the starter weapons are junk unless heavily upgraded.

Number two: WT goes down when you die in body form, kill a friendly NPC (one exception to this rule actually), or invade another player and kill them and or their blue phantom allies.

Number three: WT goes up when you kill a boss (mini bosses don't count), kill a black phantom player who invades you, kill special named black phantom npc's that appear in pure black WT, and kill primeval demons which also only appear in pure black WT.

SpiralStairs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SpiralStairs
    @Karkarov:  Yeah, that's pretty much all you need to do. The best way to prevent white WT from going down after beating a boss is to return to the Nexus and die there in body form, that way you won't get a negative change.

As for the flamelurker, try to get as much flame resistant equipment as possible. You can dodge his attacks in the early portions of the fight, but it gets harder when his health is low. Don't bother with armor, I was a knight and used the light clothing to get by, and it helps a lot more.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

I really hated the WT stuff. It's a cool concept but is such a hassle to configure.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @Gamebite said:

" Hey all, I need some help with that world tendency stuff... I just can't figure it out. At the moment i am at flamelurker i think (the boss before the dragon god) but i am still running around with my starting gear :S  I have been looking around and it seems that I partially need world tendency to unlock fights that could give armor. But i can't seem to shift it, every time i want to enter the first gate at the first stone it is still closed :(  Now my question is if someone could explain it clear what i should do about this, i don't know if it helps but my console is connected to the Internet (i have read something about being online while trying to shift it). Thanks in advance. "

First gate at the first stone?  Armor? You mean you can't get to the blacksmith?  That only requires pulling a lever. 

The pure white tendency event in world 2: DBS available at dragon god's area.  (There is a  guy in mine shaft.  He gives stuff if you show him the DBS.)
    The pure black tendency event: Red/black phantom version of the mine shaft guy appears.  If you beat him you can pick up cool stuff (talisman of beasts).
    Gamebite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gamebite
    @teh_pwnzorer:  i meant the gate to executioner miralda, that one is locked, geuss i can only open it now when i have killed the boss at 1-4 :(

@eroticfishcake: Thnx i will take a look at the page ;)

So in other words i need to find new weapons. But for those i still need to get that WT going right? Those weapons that the blacksmiths got ain't that special or is that going to change ? At the moment the only thing i know is to keep upgrading my weapons.
    Kazzurak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kazzurak
    @Gamebite: The gate to miralda will open at pure world tendency wether its black or white
    Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Karkarov

You should almost never buy weapons from an NPC.  Any weapon you find can honestly be upgraded and made effective if you have the right build behind it.  On new game 1 though most people just make a +5 dragon weapon.  Some weapons are from WT events this is true, but you most certainly can get a good weapon without using one of those.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.