Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

Question: Loot Variety in Demon's Souls?

Kinarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Kinarion

Does this game have the kind of loot variety to keep you coming back to the same character, or do you finish it and restart with someone new?

Trying to decide between this and Borderlands, and I know I'll play the hell out of either one, just curious about the replay differences.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Well, the loots not too different, it's more about customization through upgrading. Though once you find that weapon you like using, you'll end up upgrading it a ton, and just using it. Occasionally trying other weapons, and finding that you like them, or hate them. And if you like them, you'll start upgrading and using it. 

Variety not so much, but it does have replayability with it's New Game Plus that allows you to keep your items and levels, and increase the amount of souls you get from enemies, and the enemies levels. 

If you're going for loot, might be better off with Borderlands. It really depends on what you're looking for. Borderlands is a more social experience if you have can have an internet connection.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By StaticFalconar

as much as everybody loves demon souls, no game is going to beat 17+ mil anytime soon.

Avatar image for deactivated-589b97df1f8d4
    deactivated-589b97df1f8d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Shoot, I would go with Demon's Souls
    yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By yyZiggurat

Loot in Demon's Souls isn't random like Diablo, enemies always drop the same item(s).  Some of their drops are more rare and require high luck/black world tendency (enemies get tougher, rare loot is dropped more often).  You're better off with Borderlands if you're more interested in loot variety.

Kinarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Kinarion

Thanks for the replies, all.  It looks like time constraints may be the deciding factor.  I need a game I can jump into for thirty minutes at a time and get something done.  Unless I'm mistaken, Demon's Souls ain't that game.

shulinchung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By shulinchung

Actually, Demon's Souls can be played in short sessions. You can always continue from where you left off as long as you don't die. Death reset you back to the beginning of a level.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.