Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Demon's Souls

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Oct 06, 2009

Demon's Souls is an action-RPG developed by From Software and released in 2009. It quickly became popular within hardcore circles for its relentlessly steep difficulty level, deep combat system, and unique multiplayer integration.

XPlay Video Review

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By THE_END

X-Play

The death scream at 2:02 in this video review is freaking hilarious.  I personally think this game deserves a 5 out of 5....but I understand why they gave it a 4.  This game is for hardcore fans of this genre only in my opinion.  I love this game....this game will probably be 2009 GOTY for me (however I'm only 1/3 of the way through Uncharted 2 so I'm not sure yet if this will beat out Demon's Souls or not for GOTY).
    skunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By skunk

hahahaha I wish that scream was in the game. So far, the blue eyed knights on 1-1 have the best death scream.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @THE_END: Based on the footage in this "review," she didn't even go beyond world 1-1 and 2-1.  I wouldn't pay attention to reviews that are based on 1% of the game.  She didn't even mention world tendency side-quests.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

Her voice is pretty fucking irritating if you ask me.

jon93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By jon93
    @eroticfishcake: I agree, Morgan Web was alright back in the day. But now she sounds like a local news anchor giving a game review.
    Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Wow, why are we watching G4's reviews, on Giantbomb. I mean, okay video, and I wanted to know how it was, but it's kind of funny.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By eroticfishcake
    @Jon93: That's Morgan Webb? I stopped listening to her the moment I saw her on X-Play years ago. Doesn't seem she's changed much. It' just so grating to listen to it's painful.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ryanwho
    @teh_pwnzorer said:

" @THE_END: Based on the footage in this "review," she didn't even go beyond world 1-1 and 2-1.  I wouldn't pay attention to reviews that are based on 1% of the game.  She didn't even mention world tendency side-quests. "

I shouldn't have to play a game for 4 hours before it suddenly becomes a good game. It doesn't matter how far along she was. Also, you're aware the people who record for video reviews aren't necessarily the people who play the game, right? Its two separate tasks, obviously the person capturing video didn't beat the game.
    THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By THE_END
    @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " @THE_END: Based on the footage in this "review," she didn't even go beyond world 1-1 and 2-1.  I wouldn't pay attention to reviews that are based on 1% of the game.  She didn't even mention world tendency side-quests. "

That makes zero sense.  Since when does video review footage = how far the reviewer made it into the game?
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Whisperkill

I still DO NOT get how anyone can find this game fun.
    Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Ineedaname
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " Her voice is pretty fucking irritating if you ask me. "
    I can't help but agree. And that's barely a review, it's a description of the game. Hardly noted anything positive or negative.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By jakob187

Wait, so the ONLY complaint was that it's a tough ass game? 

Seriously?  We are at a point in history where a game being difficult is a bad thing?

Gahzoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gahzoo
    @ryanwho said:
    "@teh_pwnzorer said:

I shouldn't have to play a game for 4 hours before it suddenly becomes a good game. It doesn't matter how far along she was. Also, you're aware the people who record for video reviews aren't necessarily the people who play the game, right? Its two separate tasks, obviously the person capturing video didn't beat the game. "

I'd have to disagree with you there. Honesty I do not see the point of a review if the person reviewing the game hasn't beaten it. 
    Besides most games, movies, and books start slow and build up.
    kagekage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kagekage
    @THE_END said:
    " @teh_pwnzorer said:
     That makes zero sense.  Since when does video review footage = how far the reviewer made it into the game? "
    Uh, yeah it does. Would you play through the first 2 chapters of Uncharted 2 and just say, "oh its a pretty good game but the lack of weapon variety and enemies and no puzzles makes this game suck-ish." 
    Your review should reflect your ideas about the WHOLE game not a mere fragment of it.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By Yummylee

Only complain this game gets from me is the unintentionally hilarious physics. Kinda breaks the immersion to kill a couple of skeletons to then have them wobble around across your feet like there made of elastic.
    Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
    @jakob187 said:
    "Wait, so the ONLY complaint was that it's a tough ass game?  Seriously?  We are at a point in history where a game being difficult is a bad thing? "

This.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jkz

Jesus. Morgan Webb does NOT play games for review. Adam doesn't play most of the ones he reviews on the show either, although he certainly does play a lot more of them. They have a team of reviewers who write up the website reviews and write their impressions for the show's writers to make fitting for TV. 

Their reviewers are mostly people who are VERY good at video-games, and as such, I don't think that anyone should be taking their feeling of superiority towards Morgan Webb to mean that the review isn't thorough, it's not her that did the work.

yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By yyZiggurat
    @ryanwho said:

" I shouldn't have to play a game for 4 hours before it suddenly becomes a good game. It doesn't matter how far along she was. "

I agree with Gahzoo, someone who doesn't finish the game doesn't have the right to review it.  I'm not saying X-play didn't finish Demon's Souls, I'm sure they just picked 1-1 and 2-1 for game footage.

@Whisperkill

said:

" I still DO NOT get how anyone can find this game fun. "

Its probably a safe bet that this isn't your thing.  Different strokes for different folks.
    Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Whisperkill
    @HomemadeZiggurat: 

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @Abyssfull said:
    " Only complain this game gets from me is the unintentionally hilarious physics. Kinda breaks the immersion to kill a couple of skeletons to then have them wobble around across your feet like there made of elastic. "
    Yeah.   Here's a though: If they added "weight" to the corpses, they would have to somehow make your character slow down as you move through them.
    teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
    @THE_END said:
    " @teh_pwnzorer said:
     That makes zero sense.  Since when does video review footage = how far the reviewer made it into the game? "
    Even the rip-off Irate Gamer cheats his way through games if he can't finish them himself--and shows the footage.  I never claimed that my statement about not finishing the game was a deductive argument.  It was just a sneaky *suspicion*, based on the footage and her not mentioning any deeper elements of the game.
    RyanD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RyanD

wow..... a 2 minute review that said barely anything about the game. x-play..... i think we should see other people....

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Shadow

That said basically nothing but "hey, you'll probably die a lot"

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TwoOneFive

i love how the whole review showed the guy being killed in ridiculous ways again and again.  
    also
    g4tv.com's video streaming thingy is by far the best i've ever seen. its very clear and loads super fast

yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By yyZiggurat
    @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " Yeah.   Here's a though: If they added "weight" to the corpses, they would have to somehow make your character slow down as you move through them. "
    Or an animation as your character steps over corpses.  Like MGS.

@RyanD said:
    " wow..... a 2 minute review that said barely anything about the game. x-play..... i think we should see other people.... "
    @Shadow said:
    " That said basically nothing but "hey, you'll probably die a lot" "
    They still do written reviews, I'm sure that goes more in depth.
    SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SoothsayerGB
    @eroticfishcake said:
    " Her voice is pretty fucking irritating if you ask me. "
    She sounded like a damn news reporter.  I couldn't finish the video.  G4 is just pandering.  They are the Fox news of game reviews.  Thanks for posting trash.
    Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HomemadeZiggurat said:
    " @teh_pwnzorer said:
    " Yeah.   Here's a though: If they added "weight" to the corpses, they would have to somehow make your character slow down as you move through them. "
    Or an animation as your character steps over corpses.  Like MGS.

Heh. Now I'm happy that the whole 'step over corpses' animation doesn't happen in Metal Gear Online. Boy would that suck.
    yyZiggurat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By yyZiggurat
    @SuperSecretAgenda said:
    " Heh. Now I'm happy that the whole 'step over corpses' animation doesn't happen in Metal Gear Online. Boy would that suck. "
    I completely forgot what happens in MGO, its been so long since I've played it.  It just clips right?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.