Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Cheesing fight sequences *SPOILERS*

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By jillsandwich

One of the things I love about this game is how you can basically skip entire major fights with a few dumb little tricks. For example, I'm going through the game without killing anyone right now for the achievement, and I had just reached the point where you talk to Zhao and run back out into her living room thing and the entire place fills up with guards. I had one Gas Grenade, so I figured I would try to take as many of them out as I could with one. It ended up landing perfectly in the middle of the entire crowd and caught EVERYBODY in the radius, knocking them all out and saving me a hell of a lot of trouble trying to not kill any of them.  

Any examples you guys have of fun little tricks you've pulled to make the game easier?

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

i just went through a vent and turned invisible

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Brians

The Typhoon Augment

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

When waiting for a lift in Picus, I baricaded the 2 entrances to the room with heavy objects, so didn't have to fight anyone at all. Dudes couldn't get into the room :)

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Icemael

Simple tactics that make the entire game trivial:

• Use the tranquilizer rifle on an enemy. Then, use his unconscious body to bait other enemies and deal with them in the same way. This is especially effective if you have the invisibility augmentation, as it allows you to take shots from positions where you'd normally be seen.
    • Fully upgrade the invisibility, energy converter and implanted rebreather augmentations, and get the sprint enhancement for the cybernetic leg prosthesis. Turn on invisibility and just run past everyone.
    • For boss fights, bring a rocket or grenade launcher. You'll be able to kill any boss with just a couple of shots.
    SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SomeJerk

Icarus Puuuuuunch, double-takedown, candybar, double-takedown, candybar, double-takedown, candybar, laugh.

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Stahlbrand

@jillsandwich said:

....I had one Gas Grenade, so I figured I would try to take as many of them out as I could with one. It ended up landing perfectly in the middle of the entire crowd and caught EVERYBODY in the radius, knocking them all out...

I did that too, after trying to sneak out a few times (it was my first playthrough and I wasn't nearly as smooth as I am now) I decided to huck a gas grenade from the starting position - long bomb - everybody nap time.

On my 'kill-em-all' playthough, where you have to infiltrate the Harvester base in your second visit to Heng Shea, I did a huge icarus stun punch off the roof, followed by a lv2 typhoon that killed everybody standing out front. I looked around expecting to have to pick up the spare, and found only corpses on all sides, so I let myself in through the front door.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Ravenlight

@Tennmuertisaid:

When waiting for a lift in Picus, I baricaded the 2 entrances to the room with heavy objects, so didn't have to fight anyone at all. Dudes couldn't get into the room :)

I love hearing how people solved this part of the game.

I just hid in the crawlspace under the stairs until the doors opened and used my 3-seconds of cloak to sneak up over the rail and into the elevator. Did anyone actually have trouble at this part?

RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By RavenX302
    @Ravenlight said:

@Tennmuertisaid:

I just hid in the crawlspace under the stairs until the doors opened and used my 3-seconds of cloak to sneak up over the rail and into the elevator. Did anyone actually have trouble at this part?

haha, I agree...I didn't even move from the security computer area. I just set there waiting for the elevator. when the door opened I just cloaked and went into the elevator. I didn't even realize that this was apparently a hard part of the game.
    Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @hedfone said:

i just went through a vent and turned invisible

The answer to most of life's problems.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Ravenlight said:

@Tennmuertisaid:

I just did it for shits and giggles :)

Actually took down all of them non lethaly the first time through.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

1. Hide around the corner.

2. Throw a barrel.

3. Only one guard will go and check it out, take him out.

4. Hide the body.

5. If there are more guards go to step 1.

Buttenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 40

#13  Edited By Buttenator

In the Tai Yong penthouse fight on my second playthrough, I left a gas mine in the doorway near the elevator before confronting Zhao and as soon as the guards spawned it knocked all of them out. When I got near the door their conversation played even though they were all unconscious.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#14  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Tossed two gas grenades in the Tai Yong confrontation. Literally knocked all but one of them out. Considering how frustrated I was with that part of the game, it was... a welcome change.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GaspoweR

In the Picus elevator waiting sequence, I set up Gas mines at the entrances and stun gunned anyone else who went through. I wonder why people have trouble with the sneakers. If you knock em out and not get seen then by them beforehand you wouldn't really have a lot of trouble anyway.

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wiseblood

Also in the part with all the guards in Tai Young, there's a vent that connects the upstairs area with downstairs. Fire off a couple rounds with an unsilenced weapon then while all the guards run upstairs take the vent downstairs and head to the elevator.

risseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#17  Edited By risseless

For the elevator waiting, I just hacked the turret and it mowed them all down. Used that tactic throughout the entire game -- hack the robots and turrets and have them do the dirty work. Now that I'm starting my no-kill play through, I'll have to find a new strategy.  For the boss fights on normal difficultly, I used the same tactic every time -- lob a frag grenade to stun them, the lay into them with the combat rifle. Two rounds of this took them out every time.

** SPOILERS**

I still don't know how I'm going to get through the long corridor of zombies near the end without mowing them all down. Suggestions?

Avatar image for deactivated-6091fd83bf847
    deactivated-6091fd83bf847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@risseless: I just cloaked and ran by all of them. I don't even know if cloaking was necessary. They're pretty slow and can only melee.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ravenlight

@Wiseblood: This is exactly what I did. There's also a convenient, unsilenced revolver sitting underneath the couch right next to the vent.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By spazmaster666

@risseless said:

** SPOILERS** I still don't know how I'm going to get through the long corridor of zombies near the end without mowing them all down. Suggestions?

The PEPS works wonders here especially if you can have them all group together. I think I've taken out 10+ with a single shot. It's probably one of the main reasons why that gun exists in the first place.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21  Edited By Giantstalker

Love gunning guys down too much with the heavy rifle to really "cheese" the fight sequences, although now that you mention it...

I pretty much the same thing as you did at Tai Yong medical, except using a frag grenade. Not sure how they bunched up, but they did, and it was glorious

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#22  Edited By project343

How do you defeat a giant squad of armed and trained mercenaries?

Chocolate bar + fancy cloaking technology.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By jillsandwich

I found some pretty great ways to get rid of Namir also, I feel it would be better if I just posted the videos. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By 137

@spazmaster666 said:

@risseless said:

** SPOILERS** I still don't know how I'm going to get through the long corridor of zombies near the end without mowing them all down. Suggestions?

The PEPS works wonders here especially if you can have them all group together. I think I've taken out 10+ with a single shot. It's probably one of the main reasons why that gun exists in the first place.

The peps is a big long range stun gun amirite?

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wiseblood

I'd say the PEPS is medium range, but it has an AOE.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AlexW00d

I don't know how bad you have to be to need to 'cheese' games, but fuck man. I have always a much higher sense of achievement when I have successfully out-manoeuvred all the enemies and escaped unscathed and what-not.

Wiseblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Wiseblood

Another way to cheese the 3rd boss fight.   There seems to be a glitch where you can perform a takedown on him as he's climbing over a wall:

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By spaceturtle

I love to read and hear about how people got past different obstacles in different ways. This game is amazing. Definitely a nominee for GOTY 2011.

finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By finstern

@Tennmuerti said:

This. Still hid in a vent.... just to be sure...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.