Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Favorite non-essential augmentation?

Morien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Morien

Mine so far has been the Icarus landing augmentation because it looks so cool when you use it, but also because it helps me get around a bit faster since I travel on rooftops so much. Plus, it has been useful for stunning guys making easy take-downs.

A close second would be a tie between Punch Through Walls and Recoil Compensation 2. Punching through walls is almost as cool as the Icarus landing but I still love it because it has given me 2 Praxis points so far making it pay for itself and then some, and the Recoil Compensation 2 is just great because it makes me able to unload a full clip without missing a beat on some poor guy's head, or strafe across a bunch of guys' heads.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Jackel2072

yeah i really need to pick that one up too. i also travel on rooftops a lot. i have just been platforming off air conditioning units to get back to street level faster lol ( it doesn't always work) i really like seeing through walls its a pretty cool effect and comes in handy before i decide to go through a door.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ravenlight
    @Morien: The Icarus thing is my favorite aug, too. The only reason I get it was because I was sick of taking fall damage from minor drops, but I'm having a blast jumping off of buildings and ladders now.
    Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

Just got Icarus. Mad props to dudes who designed how it looks and works. Thing is awesome both in use and look.

Second favorite is double take-down. It makes things sooooo much easier and the kills/stun animations for double take-downs are also more interesting and fun then standard ones :)

misterhaan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5  Edited By misterhaan
    @Tennmuerti said:
    Second favorite is double take-down. It makes things sooooo much easier and the kills/stun animations for double take-downs are also more interesting and fun then standard ones :)
    double take-down makes two guards looking at each other so much easier!  i haven't used it much yet but when i have he's taken them out one at a time and the one who's second just stands there silently watching while i take down the first.  that part is a little odd when there's another guard 10 feet away with his back turned -- why not yell to him?  still it's awesome and useful, and i don't want the second guy calling for help.

i thought punch through walls would be cool but found out it kills the dude on the other side and i'm trying to go non-lethal.  it definitely looked cool but i just loaded a save before i'd activated it since i won't actually use it.  i did shoot two dudes in the basketball court with my silenced pistol toward the beginning of the game though so i'm not getting the pacifist achievement this time through...
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Yanngc33

The one that keeps Adam from dying from falling off a 3 foot ledge. Not only is it convenient but it also make him look like batman

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cornman89

Icarus is great.

Fuck this fire escape! I'm jumping off the roof!

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By kingzetta
    @Cornman89 said:
    Icarus is great.  Fuck this fire escape! I'm jumping off the roof!
    damn straight
    byterunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By byterunner

Icarus Landing system is awesome. Not to mention that you can jump down and stun some people with it.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Clonedzero

i love the double take down, sure you dont need it, just wait for them to separate, but the double take down animations are so great lol

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By TheHT

Definitely Icarus Landing. Coupled with the jump boost, getting around is a lot funner. Also goofier.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tennmuerti

@misterhaan said:

i thought punch through walls would be cool but found out it kills the dude on the other side and i'm trying to go non-lethal. it definitely looked cool but i just loaded a save before i'd activated it since i won't actually use it. i did shoot two dudes in the basketball court with my silenced pistol toward the beginning of the game though so i'm not getting the pacifist achievement this time through...

Punching through walls is great as it will automatically highlight all weak wall point for you, many of which lead to hidden areas full of goodies. The first time you are in Detroit for example there is a Praxis kit behind one of the sewer walls.

By the way if you don't want to kill the dude on the other side if he is there you can use other means to destroy breakable walls. Pistol with armor piercing rounds can do it in 10-15 shots depending on upgrades.

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By cinemandrew

I'm not sure what you'd consider 'non-essential', but one of my favorite things is the combination of hacking turrets, and lifting heavy objects. You can literally pick up a hacked turret and walk around with it shooting at anything in sight. Better yet, if you're crouched while carrying it, it serves as moving cover. I wish I had discovered this earlier, as there aren't many turrets in the game, and it really bums me out that I've only gotten to use this once.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SlashDance

@TheHT said:

Definitely Icarus Landing. Coupled with the jump boost, getting around is a lot funner. Also goofier.

I think Icarus Landing looks great, but yeah, the improved jump looks silly as hell !

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Enigma777

@cinemandrew said:

I'm not sure what you'd consider 'non-essential', but one of my favorite things is the combination of hacking turrets, and lifting heavy objects. You can literally pick up a hacked turret and walk around with it shooting at anything in sight. Better yet, if you're crouched while carrying it, it serves as moving cover. I wish I had discovered this earlier, as there aren't many turrets in the game, and it really bums me out that I've only gotten to use this once.

Lol, I thought I was the only one that did that. I basically cleared an entire map using this tactic.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vodun

God dammit, I've been leaning towards Icarus but I also want that wall punching thing...guess I'm going Icarus next.

outerabiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By outerabiz
    @Tennmuerti said:

Just got Icarus. Mad props to dudes who designed how it looks and works. Thing is awesome both in use and look.

that
    Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @Morien said:

Mine so far has been the Icarus landing augmentation because it looks so cool when you use it

Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
    deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got the punch through walls aug late in the game and it immediately made me wish I had gotten it earlier. There are so many alternate paths/hidden stashes that I never would've noticed without it. 

Icarus+improved jump combo makes getting around the cities so much easier, though, so those two are probably the best in my opinion.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By valrog

Which augs are non-essential?

But yeah, Icarus Landing System, Multiple Take-Down and Punch Through Wall (Though I only had an opportunity to use it once? I must be blind) would be my choices as well.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShaneDev

The Icarus Landing system is great to use and great to look at. The punching through wall ability is really useful, much more than I thought it would be. As soon as I got it I regretted it but then you find all sort of goodies and alternate routes through areas which makes it well worth it.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Aren't all of them non-essential? Has anyone beaten the game without any augs yet? I'm willing to bet it's possible.  

I dunno. Cloak is really cool. So is seeing through walls. So is jumping nine feet in the air. So is being able to jump off buildings without dying. So is high level hacking. So is being able to punch through walls.  

I stand by my statement that all of them are non-essential. My favorite? Icarus. Looks cool, and stopped me from falling to my death, which happened numerous times. 

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By valrog
    @MooseyMcMan: I've been wondering the same thing. Someone had to try by now...
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @valrog: I think I have figured out what my third play-through of the game will be. 
    mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By mosdl

There was one area where I had gone up through a sewer hole and tried to tranquilizer snipe an enemy. I was walking backwards trying to line it up when I fell into the sewer hole. Had Icarus so I got a sweet little animation. Saved my life!

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DystopiaX

Either the high jump or the pick up heavy objects cause not being able to traverse shit was the most annoying part of the game for me until I got those augs

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Double take-down is the best thing ever.

Tsoglani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Tsoglani

I dig Icarus Landing as well, and Punch Through Walls has been cool too.

Was wondering if there is a guide out there somewhere that shows locations of all breakable walls? I have been playing with highlighting off, so I know I have missed some walls, and one in Detroit 1 where a Praxis point is hidden I missed. Don't want to turn the highlighting option on, and have found a heap of breakable walls, but I just don't want to miss the ones with Praxis hidden.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I have everything listed here except the punching through walls.

Really makes me wish there was a New Game+ mode.

Rek503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By Rek503

Mine would probably have to be the double take down. I've only been able to do it a few times, but it's completely bad ass every time it's happened.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.