Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Leaving Hengsha

zanshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Edited By zanshin

After many months away, I have finally started playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution again. It was a bit confusing at first, because I wasn't sure what my objective was, or in which direction I was supposed to head. I finally figured it out which direction I had to go in and I guess I made some reasonable progress in the game.

I think my weapon hoarding has had a bit of a negative impact on my game play. I have been carrying around some guns that I have never used and it turns out that the rocket launcher I thought I would never find anywhere else was lying on the floor of the room with the two robots for that boss battle (I guess they won't leave you unprepared)

Well, I just left for Montreal. Hopefully it won't be several months until I continue.

zanshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By zanshin

After many months away, I have finally started playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution again. It was a bit confusing at first, because I wasn't sure what my objective was, or in which direction I was supposed to head. I finally figured it out which direction I had to go in and I guess I made some reasonable progress in the game.

I think my weapon hoarding has had a bit of a negative impact on my game play. I have been carrying around some guns that I have never used and it turns out that the rocket launcher I thought I would never find anywhere else was lying on the floor of the room with the two robots for that boss battle (I guess they won't leave you unprepared)

Well, I just left for Montreal. Hopefully it won't be several months until I continue.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Vinny_Says

Montreal is pretty cool in Deus Ex, or maybe I'm just saying that because I used to frequent the olympic stadium a lot as a kid. Oh and those 2 robots can be defeated without weapons; I recommend you try if you play a second time.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By killacam

i stopped just after i boarded some cruise ship or something, and traded it in for skyrim. just got another copy for $10 and am excited to continue, but scared i'll be totally clueless as to what the hell. your story inspires and gives me strength to return.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Dagbiker

@zanshin said:

I wasn't sure what my objective was, or in which direction I was supposed to head.

Just Kill crap and head toward the arrow.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By BisonHero

You can pretty much get away with carrying about two weapons in that game. One silent weapon for taking dudes out stealthily, and one weapon for straight up murdering dudes and bosses as quickly as possible. Ammo is ridiculously easy to conserve in that game if you attempt to get stealth takedowns or headshots, so even with 2 weapons, you will be swimming in whatever 2 ammo types that requires.

The rocket launcher is one of the only exceptions, though if you really explore (and talk to all the merchants), you can find an alright amount of rockets. I don't really recommend the rocket launcher, because oh man, the game gives you so many grenades and mines that those should be more than enough to take robots and bosses out with. The rocket launcher and its ammo take up a zillion slots, but you could instead use up half as many slots with a handful of frag grenades/mines and EMP grenades/mines.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshthebear

I really need to get back to this game. Was loving while playing it but too many games came out such a short period of time to really focus on.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Dagbiker said:

@zanshin said:

I wasn't sure what my objective was, or in which direction I was supposed to head.

Just Kill crap and head toward the arrow.

:( 
    You're doing it wrong if you play like this..
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By NTM

You can get through the game on its hardest difficulty with just the pistol and tranquilizer rifle. You don't even have to upgrade "correctly" just do it as you'd like. I don't understand how people have a hard time on them, though I understand that's not the only problem. Those huge robot things can die with one EMP I believe. I remember the Montreal section of the game, I loved that part a lot the first time I went through it.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mordukai

@NTM said:

You can get through the game on its hardest difficulty with just the pistol and tranquilizer rifle. You don't even have to upgrade "correctly" just do it as you'd like. I don't understand how people have a hard time on them, though I understand that's not the only problem. Those huge robot things can die with one EMP I believe. I remember the Montreal section of the game, I loved that part a lot the first time I went through it.

That's my intent after this playthrough. Grabbed it on steam a few weeks ago with Missing link for 11 bucks. SO far I haven't killed a single person in the game...well save for the bosses. I will go for hardest after this one.

I wished the Montreal part was like any other city. Missed opportunity there. I would have loved to see their vision for the city.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NTM

"Hey American! Go Yankees." That was terrible.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bybeach

I worked with 2 other weapons,as described really, but I came to love the ole pistol.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BisonHero

@mordukai said:

@NTM said:

That's my intent after this playthrough. Grabbed it on steam a few weeks ago with Missing link for 11 bucks. SO far I haven't killed a single person in the game...well save for the bosses. I will go for hardest after this one.

I wished the Montreal part was like any other city. Missed opportunity there. I would have loved to see their vision for the city.

I believe I read somewhere that Montreal was going to have a hub area full of quests like Detroit and Hengsha, but it got cut fairly early on due to time/budget constraints.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mordukai

@BisonHero said:

@mordukai said:

@NTM said:

I believe I read somewhere that Montreal was going to have a hub area full of quests like Detroit and Hengsha, but it got cut fairly early on due to time/budget constraints.

BOOOOOO!

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BisonHero

@mordukai: Found the article.

http://kotaku.com/5837308/deus-ex-was-at-one-stage-meant-to-be-even-bigger

The main game really just has Detroit and Lower Hengsha as hubs (each of which eventually leads to a heavily armed facility). Initially Montreal was going to be a full hub (instead, we just got the heavily armed facility portion), as was Upper Hengsha (again, we only got the "infiltrate heavily armed facility" portion). Also India was going to be another level, but it got completely cut, apparently.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mordukai

@BisonHero: Hrm. Interesting. I think the india part was a good cut but Montreal could have been a cool one. So far I am about 41 hours into the game so can't complain the game is short.

CountRockula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By CountRockula

I remember not really liking Montreal or anything past that part nearly as much as I enjoyed running around and getting up to mischief in Detroit and lower Hengsha. I guess you get the opportunity to move freely through Detroit a bit more in the back half of the game, but by that time everything had gone so nuts I felt like I didn't really have the opportunity to enjoy it. Honestly, they could have taken out all of the heavily guarded bases and general combat and I would have been fine with that. The game I really want basically just consists of me running around solving mysteries and talking my way out of every situation I can.

Although I'd say the ability to robo-slap hookers and throw vending machines at people is also pretty important.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Strife777

It was definitely cool to be in Montreal in a video game for me because I'm from around there. You rarely get a Canadian setting in games, even less Quebec, so it was very nice. But I definitely would've liked a hub city.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.