Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Invisible War

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Dec 02, 2003

The sequel to one of the most acclaimed PC games of all time, Deus Ex: Invisible War throws you into a divided world, where multiple factions wish to take advantage of your cybernetic abilities. Playing as Alex D., you make your own path through corrupt leaders and worldwide conspiracies.

GOG Release

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

I bought this on Steam a couple of months ago after finishing the original (I'm eager to form my own opinions of it) but have had a lot of trouble getting it to run properly in fullscreen and it tends to crash or go idle during loading screens, which usually requires doing all sorts of trial and error in Task Manager to get it moving again. From what I read into it this is a mult-core issue (and will probably cause problems in games like Project Snowblind too), so I've tried a number of fixes, even going as far as to boot Windows on a single core which still didn't work.

The game was released on GOG yesterday and I'm wondering if they'll have done anything to make it run better or am I just better off saving my ten bucks?

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jimbo

GOG releases are usually pretty solid in my experience, but it's still Invisible War - don't throw good money after bad. So many better games on GOG.

bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By bongchilla

Yeah I agree with above, the game is just not worth it. But, you have all the right in the world to form your own opinion. GOG releases seem to always be better optimized for m

bongchilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By bongchilla

*more current PC's

( posted from my phone, my apologies)

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#5  Edited By ArbitraryWater

There are a lot of games that get undue amounts of hate from the internet. Deus Ex Invisible War is not one of them. If you must find out for yourself, wait for it to go on sale. GOG is pretty good about that sort of thing.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

No luck, still having the same problem. Looks like I'm stuck getting my original Xbox out of storage... a risky proposition for someone who hasn't bench pressed in a few weeks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.