Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 29, 2001

Diablo II: Lord of Destruction features a new act and 2 new character classes, the Assassin and the Druid, as well as new items.

Still playing diablo II

tommypwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tommypwnz

do many people still play diablo II? and will people still play it after diablo III comes out?

Royale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Royale

I just started playing it through it again, but will probably stop when diablo 3 comes out.

UnsungGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By UnsungGamer

Yeah, I started for the first time last winter and am still on Act III. LOL, I go to school full time and when I do get the chance to play my wrist starts to hurt about an hour into any session (apparently the symptoms are of tennis elbow...It's like an annoying tension in the upper area of my wrist and clicking can become painful).

I'm AstrumObtutus level 26 Barbarian on US East.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Rowr

I loaded it up recently, never played it much originally.

I played a few hours, accidentally died and lost everything. Swore alot, remembered why i stopped playing it originally and uninstalled it.

And dont tell me i suck just because i had the misfortune to die once. Thats shitty design, im not playing by those rules. Probably for the best anyway, this game borders on an mmo for timewastage.

The droughts more or less over for the year anyway.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By atejas

Still play it when bored, currently have a zealot on act 3.

Rowr said:

"I loaded it up recently, never played it much originally.

I played a few hours, accidentally died and lost everything. Swore alot, remembered why i stopped playing it originally and uninstalled it.

And dont tell me i suck just because i had the misfortune to die once. Thats shitty design, im not playing by those rules. Probably for the best anyway, this game borders on an mmo for timewastage.

The droughts more or less over for the year anyway."

Save.
    Exit.
    Restart.
    n8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By n8
    Rowr said:
    "I loaded it up recently, never played it much originally.

The droughts more or less over for the year anyway."
    erhm..    dont play hardcore..  if you check the "hardcore" box next to your char when you make it..  you cant die or you'll lose all your shiz

I play USEast softcore ladder and its badass.   Just got my smiter paladin thru Ubers for the first time.   Likely I will stop when D3 comes out.
    But anyhoo..  if you guys find yourselves on USEast softcore ladder i might be able to spare some low level gear.  Hit me up @ *ne1gh7

L8
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By suneku

I might play it a bit again before D3 comes out... ahh I remember those hardcore days... everyone's main enemy was lag.

Evilross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Evilross

I'm still partial to Diablo 1. I play it a little every week or so.

I do have a really cool mod for D2:LoD call Back to Hellfire. Its a easy to install, and its really, really fun. When you have it installed you can run a game called Diablo II : Back to Hellfire separatly from your regular D2 game. Back to Hellfire plays similar to Diablo 1 and the hellfire expantion, and has all the original classes, and locals from Diablo and Hellfire.  Its a great mod.

You have to revert your D2 to version 1.10 to play it, but thats not a problem, there is a simple way to do it without a reinstall. If anyone is an old school Diablo fan looking to get some kicks while waiting for D3, check it out if you havent already.

Heres a link to the mods official site :  http://dom.planetdiablo.gamespy.com/bthellfire/

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zitosilva

I used to until a couple of years ago. Now I sometimes play a little, but just with friends, not at battle net.

It's still cool, but I've played the hell out of it, I don't think I'll ever play again.

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By HairyMike87

I started up again but will most likely quit after Diablo 3 comes out. If you are on USEast we could play some maybe. Just PM.

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Monopolized

I am still playing it now lvl 86 Javazon and 94 zealot

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By destruktive

was going to play it a little again before D3 comes, but of course the dude I've borrowed my D2 & D2:LoD too got my keys banned :|

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

I've been playing through Diablo & Diablo II again in anticipation of Diablo III, and because I found my old Diablo disk recently and felt nostalgic. Just finished it today, and I'm going to start Diablo II tomorrow. :D
    The first one still holds up surprisingly well! I imagine D2 has aged even better. :D

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.