Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Divekick

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

Rising to prominence through the American fighting game community, Divekick is an indie fighting game that distills the controls into two simple buttons, requiring clever strategy as players try to score the first hit with their divekick attack!

Divekick Date and Price out

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

August 20th.

9.99$ Crossbuy (both Vita and PS3 versions with one purchase)

Fantastic. Can't wait. If only there was a PC version with a date. Damn you Greenlight!

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Cross-buy is awesome news and the price is pretty good. August 20th seems so far though...

Oh hey, it should also be said that there'll be cross-play (Vita players being able to go against PS3 players), which is good news.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Also 2 people on the same Vita is the most romantic way to play Dive Kick

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guess I have to buy a PS3 to play Divekick then.

THANKS, GREENLIGHT.

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Rough release date, the same as Saints Row IV, but I will still be getting it. I have not been so excited for a fighting game like this before.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By joshthebear

GET HYPE.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TruthTellah

Cool! I'm not buying it on either of those platforms, but I hope it does well there. Can't wait for the PC version.

darkvare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait what happend with greenlight?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@darkvare said:

wait what happend with greenlight?

Greenlight is a clusterfuck mixed with a cesspool so it hasn't been greenlit yet.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

It'll be like $1.50 on Steam eventually.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

$10?! Wow. Totally thought it'd be $15. Dave Lang is a Saint.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only literally just realised this isn't coming to 360... wow.

Was looking forward to playing this with my friends :S now i have to wait for greenlight in order to play it by myself, or wait for a 360 version...

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@cikame: microsoft needs to change a lot of policies to gain indie mindshare back. They've had and lost many a great dev over stupid shit they need to work out.

Not trying to start an argument, just makes me angry to think a very important part of the industry is being alienated, and it's negatively affecting both consumers and devs. I wish this was an industry where getting a game like dive kick on as many platforms as possible was an easy process...

It sucks

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get the hype with this game. It seems silly and novel for about 10 minutes and then quickly gets old. I appreciate the idea, but not feeling it. *shrugs*

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#15  Edited By BeachThunder

They really should consider getting in contact with Gog.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By FLStyle

I don't get the hype with this game. It seems silly and novel for about 10 minutes and then quickly gets old. I appreciate the idea, but not feeling it. *shrugs*

By that logic all fighting games are silly and novel for 10 minutes, which is silly in itself.

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Optix12

@beachthunder: I bet GOG will probably treat them right. Im happy by the price I would have naturally assumed it would have been 15 for crossbuy but this works and I shall be picking it up.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18  Edited By musubi

I'm still really getting a good chuckle at people thinking Divekick is just a passing trend. Its going to be on the EVO streams today. Largest fighting game tourney in the world and its going to be one of the games streamed today. Sorry, but Divekick will still be around for at least another year.

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet, I will be getting this day one.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By mrcraggle

Wish it were sooner but oh well.

As for Greenlight, that shit needs fixing. At the moment, it's just too much of a popularity contest but I have no idea what DiveKick is doing wrong. It seems more popular than other games that have passed. Look at a game such as Yogventures. I've got nothing against that game but it only got Greenlit on the back of who it's from rather than what it is and at this point it's still an alpha with not much to see whereas DiveKick is a complete game. For as much as we all praise Steam, Greenlight seems like it's going in the wrong direction for indie devs. Instead of being inclusive, it's excluding a lot of people. It's a damn shame that really excellent games such as Cook, Serve, Delicious and possibly DiveKick may never make it there. It may even be in certain devs best interests to port to the PS4 if they can't make it on the service as Sony seem to be going after them.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Isn't there a PC version coming out too? I mean, it doesn't have to be greenlit, right?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esrever said:

Isn't there a PC version coming out too? I mean, it doesn't have to be greenlit, right?

To get on Steam, it'd need to be greenlit of course, but I suppose they could try other venues like Desura or GOG if they wanted to.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#23  Edited By csl316

I'm in!

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

@kishinfoulux said:

By that logic all fighting games are silly and novel for 10 minutes, which is silly in itself.

Not really. There's a lot more depth to other fighting games. It's not even a question.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

Not really. There's a lot more depth to other fighting games. It's not even a question.

I kind of doubt you know much about fighting games, especially not as much as flstyle does.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

@kishinfoulux said:

There's your problem right there. You believe depth cannot exist without complexity, which is why tournament level fighting game matches are lost on you. Divekick has as much depth as any other fighting game, because what makes Street Fighter in-depth is the same thing that makes Divekick in-depth.

Area control, character positioning, opponent anticipation, mindgames, this is what separates Daigo Umehara and Justin Wong from casual players who merely learn a character's movelist but doesn't know what to do in an actual match. These concepts are no different in Divekick as they are in Street Fighter.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux said:

@flstyle said:

I kind of doubt you know much about fighting games, especially not as much as flstyle does.

So you're telling me Divekick has more depth then Street Fighter IV then?

@flstyle said:

@kishinfoulux said:

@flstyle said:

@kishinfoulux said:

There's your problem right there. You believe depth cannot exist without complexity, which is why tournament level fighting game matches are lost on you. Divekick has as much depth as any other fighting game, because what makes Street Fighter in-depth is the same thing that makes Divekick in-depth.

Area control, character positioning, opponent anticipation, mindgames, this is what separates Daigo Umehara and Justin Wong from casual players who merely learn a character's movelist but doesn't know what to do in an actual match. These concepts are no different in Divekick as they are in Street Fighter.

I'm sorry but there is no depth to literally jumping and kicking. Timing sure, but nothing beyond that.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: Have you even watched it? It's basically the essence of fighting games. You should watch this Final 8!

Maybe it's not your kind of fighting game, but it's quite cool.

joshthebear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, Divekick Final 8 was so hype.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comparing the supposed depth of two different fighting games is meaningless. Do you think the amount of buttons a fighting game has or the amount of moves it has makes for more depth? Do you think combo potential or the number of characters a game has = more depth? Because none of those is the case, and when competition as fierce as what we saw from the Divekick EVO finals yesterday is possible, then a fighting game has enough depth for great amounts of improvement.

Then again, I'm saying this to someone who probably knows extremely little about Divekick itself. I've found that most people who ignorantly talk about how it's such a bad game or something without having played it practically know nothing about it or fighting games themselves.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
    Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DAMN IT GET GREENLIT. I'm not buying a ps3 for a $10 downloadable game.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#32  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

DAMN IT GET GREENLIT. I'm not buying a ps3 for a $10 downloadable game.

How about a PS Vita?! But, yeah, it's kinda ridiculous it hasn't gotten greenlit yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d227526464
    deactivated-582d227526464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fuck it, I love Divekick more than other fighting games, I'm out and I'm proud!

Avatar image for tournamentofhate
    TournamentOfHate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I totally thought it'd be $15, seems like hardly any hyped indy games come out at $10, so I'm super excited! I'd like to get Saints Row same day also, but at 6 times the prices and much more money to save after a price drop...DIVEKICK!

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux said:

Comparing the supposed depth of two different fighting games is meaningless. Do you think the amount of buttons a fighting game has or the amount of moves it has makes for more depth? Do you think combo potential or the number of characters a game has = more depth? Because none of those is the case, and when competition as fierce as what we saw from the Divekick EVO finals yesterday is possible, then a fighting game has enough depth for great amounts of improvement.

Then again, I'm saying this to someone who probably knows extremely little about Divekick itself. I've found that most people who ignorantly talk about how it's such a bad game or something without having played it practically know nothing about it or fighting games themselves.

The depth of DiveKick is the spacing and timing. Every round I played was tense because every choice make can ruin you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.