Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DmC Devil May Cry

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Jan 15, 2013

DmC Devil May Cry is a reboot of the series from developer Ninja Theory, featuring a redesigned Dante and a new take on the franchise's fiction.

Hideaki Itsuno teases Dragons Dogma 2 and Devil May Cry 5

• 93 results
    Brighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Brighty

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10/21/dragons-dogma-director-wants-to-make-a-sequel-on-ps4-also-rival-schools-3-and-devil-may-cry-5/

"In my head, I have a story and setting for the next one, but it’s not one that can be easily done… (laughs). For example, voices say “coming for PS4!” and it seems to happen quite a whole lot. The possibility to be able to make it might to be growing (laughs)

In addition to that, I want to also make a miniature garden simulation, as well as make more games for (established) series such as “Rival Schools 3” and “Devil May Cry 5.” Later on, I would even like to make a game that captures authentic fighting and, such as Street Fighter II did, to develop a new genre of fighting games.

In addition to the news about Capcom admitting that excessive outsourcing was a mistake and Kamiya hinting that Kobayashi is working on Devil May Cry 5 (and telling fans to tweet Kobayashi to get him to make it instead) - it seems "Devil May Cry 5" is being thrown around a bit lately with no mention of a DmC2. Plus with Ninja Theory making iOS games or something now, it looks like any hopes of an actual sequel to DmC are dead and buried. Chalk up another failed attempt at a reboot of a classic franchise by Capcom, I guess. Looks like they're listening to the fans and going back to the OG series which is good to see - even if it is strictly still in the pre-production phases - so I doubt we'll be seeing or hearing anything about DMC5 any time soon. Still, it is hopeful to see that Capcom might be turning over a new leaf and actively being more in touch with what their fans want.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am pretty sure i heard rumors of a Dragons Dogma 2 on PS4. It will be great to see another DD it sold really well. I have mixed opinions about a DMC 5 if that game is in the works it has to be all fan service right ?

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Dragons dogma 2 would be really cool playing through the first right now and am enjoying it. Devil May cry 5, sure but I would be way more into DmC 2 (please don't hate me)

Brighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have mixed opinions about a DMC 5 if that game is in the works it has to be all fan service right ?

Thats a pretty broad logic leap to make, I think they're simply just going back to what the fans wanted (i.e. a continuation of the original series and the original series style of gameplay and over-the-top Bayonetta-esque action) because DmC was slammed from its inception by fans, failed to attract enough new fans to make up for alienating some of the older ones, and as a result the game ultimately bombed.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

That's a shame. I really, really enjoyed basically every aspect of DmC and I could never really get in to DMC. I'm now going to shut my ear holes and leave this thread forever.

Brighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carryboy said:

Dragons dogma 2 would be really cool playing through the first right now and am enjoying it. Devil May cry 5, sure but I would be way more into DmC 2 (please don't hate me)

DD2 would be awesome. I don't think anyone is going to be upset that there are some people who want a DmC2, its a well made game and was fun to play for a while, but its one of those cases where the consumer minority just is outnumbered by the consumer majority.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@the_nubster said:

That's a shame. I really, really enjoyed basically every aspect of DmC and I could never really get in to DMC. I'm now going to shut my ear holes and leave this thread forever.

This is pretty much how I feel. I really enjoyed playing DmC so its a shame that it likely won't be continued. Oh well, guess I can always replay it when I have that itch.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets hope they make Dragons Dogma 2 better than the first one then. A lot of potential but man what a chore to play.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brighty said:

@jimmyfenix said:

I have mixed opinions about a DMC 5 if that game is in the works it has to be all fan service right ?

Thats a pretty broad logic leap to make, I think they're simply just going back to what the fans wanted (i.e. a continuation of the original series and the original series style of gameplay and over-the-top Bayonetta-esque action) because DmC was slammed from its inception by fans, failed to attract enough new fans to make up for alienating some of the older ones, and as a result the game ultimately bombed.

god, it's that guy again.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By EXTomar

Another DD might be fun. As for Devil May Cry 5, I could care less due to burning that bridge and then trying to act surprise when too few people came over.

Brighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Brighty

@pyrodactyl said:

@brighty said:

@jimmyfenix said:

god, it's that guy again.

Although I have to admit I revel in the fact that I rustle your (and apparently a few other people on this boards') jimmies so much by just posting news on what's happening in the future of DMC - and you're salty because its going in a direction you don't like - but please, let's not start this now and keep the thread on topic.

Thank you :)

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brighty: You made Fair point. It will be interesting to see if capcom will allow these games to be made.

Palmlykta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

sequels are all fine and dandy, I just wanna hear more about that garden simulator!

Or maybe not, when I think about it, I had a garden simulator 'game' that came with my pentium 1 'multimedia' machine... those early pack-in CD games, they really bummed me out...

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brighty: I'm much more amused than annoyed.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I'm really bummed if this is true because DmC is one of my fav games this year that deserves a sequel. Also it's one of the best DMC games only beaten to the post by DMC3, so the thought of going back to the god awful story telling of the originals(with the exception of 3) is quite depressing.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@the_nubster said:

This is pretty much how I feel. I really enjoyed playing DmC so its a shame that it likely won't be continued. Oh well, guess I can always replay it when I have that itch.

Me too. For me DMC 4 was a very low point in the franchise, and DmC was superior in almost every level; so, to know they are not only going to continue with that game, but are giving Kobayashi and Itsuno the chance to try again, is fairly disappointing.

At this point, the only way I would get interested in the classic DMC again is if Capcom pays Kamiya and Platinum to get to it.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

If they really do go back to the old DMC style, that would be a shame. Ninja Theory managed to make that incredibly stale franchise interesting for the first time in years though playing it safe and easy is pretty much Capcom's bread and butter at this point so I guess it shouldn't be unexpected.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#18  Edited By Yummylee

I'm not opposed to a continuation of the classic DMC series, despite also still enjoying the original DmC. While Ninja Theory made a lot of improvements--regarding the soundtrack, story, Dante, art style, platforming--I still vastly preferred the combat of DMC4, and DmC's boss battles especially, while they looked neat, were rather shallow and not very mechanically interesting. DmC was a game that I completed once, enjoyed my time with it, but then shelved it soon after. DMC3 and DMC4 in particular, however, were games that I was obsessed with; I would actually even try for a little leaderboard recognition with DMC4, which I never do. I just enjoyed its combat that much.

If a DMC5 is to be in the works, then I'd like for Itsuno to still acknowledge the bevy of improvements Ninja Theory made and hope he'll try to incorporate them into what will hopefully also be another addictive combat sandbox like the DMC games of old.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn. Much as I liked the crushing difficulty of the older DMC games, the actual combat system for DmC felt sooooooo much better and more updated. It's really hard for me to go back to play DMC4 again now due to the dated controls, let alone DMC3 (though there were a lot of things I liked in DMC3 that I kind of missed).

Also I still never get why fans were so obsessed over old Dante. Yay white haired generic anime action hero! He seemed decently badass the first couple of times around... back when I was 15. Now he just strikes me as a man-child with the worst cliches from action anime leads. Not that DmC had the most believable story, but Dante felt like an actual character in that one that actually experienced character development (whereas old Dante was the same damn guy for 4 games).

Also while Vergil in DMC3 was pretty forgettable, and Nero was the Dante #2 that no one liked as much as Dante, Vergil in DmC was actually decently cool (at least until you find out his ridiculous motives).

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Yummylee

@belegorm said:

Damn. Much as I liked the crushing difficulty of the older DMC games, the actual combat system for DmC felt sooooooo much better and more updated. It's really hard for me to go back to play DMC4 again now due to the dated controls, let alone DMC3 (though there were a lot of things I liked in DMC3 that I kind of missed).

Also I still never get why fans were so obsessed over old Dante. Yay white haired generic anime action hero! He seemed decently badass the first couple of times around... back when I was 15. Now he just strikes me as a man-child with the worst cliches from action anime leads. Not that DmC had the most believable story, but Dante felt like an actual character in that one that actually experienced character development (whereas old Dante was the same damn guy for 4 games).

Also while Vergil in DMC3 was pretty forgettable, and Nero was the Dante #2 that no one liked as much as Dante, Vergil in DmC was actually decently cool (at least until you find out his ridiculous motives).

Er... even as someone who thinks DmC Dante is possibly the best rendition of the character thus far, saying classic Dante was the same across all four games is completely false. In the original he was nothing but a one-dimensional quip-spewing cliche, with a little bit what comes across as a borderline incestuous desire for his mum via Trish. In DMC2 he was as equally one-dimensional, but now all such 'personality' he had in the original was removed, leaving him as this weirdly stoic shadow of nothingness, which was of course one of many reasons everybody (rightfully) shat on DMC2.

DMC3 was classic Dante at his best. He regained a lot of his characteristics from the original game, but the writing was a little bit snappier, and there was overall much more dialogue in general. It's the one classic DMC game where Dante actually came across as a character, and with the inclusions of Vergil and Lady, even allowed you to view him in a more vulnerable state. Dante also most certainly went through character development in DMC3; at the beginning he's of course a showoffy, aimless asshole with a very pervasive ''whatever'' sort of attitude, who seemingly doesn't care about anything or anyone, and he very clearly matures, to some degree, as the game progresses. Which of course is very similar to how Dante in DmC progresses as a character.

Then you have DMC4... where he reverted back to more of a caricature like in the first game, only he was made to be even more annoying as they attempted to make him come across as this 'crazy uncle' sort of character to contrast against the younger, angst-filled less-experienced Nero. DMC4 was more Nero's (and I use the term lightly) story, though, so in that regard it at least makes sense as to why Dante wasn't given much in the way of character development or... anything besides reasons to try and look ''cool''.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Yep, since pretending the reboot didn't happen and going back to the main series worked so well for Prince of Persia. Ah, whatever. I'd play another Devil May Cry game, white haired anime bishonen "Let's Rock Baby!" be damned. Also DmC was good. Not as good as DMC 3, but what is? (answer: nothing)

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of these arguments about DMC re-enforces my opinion that Capcom should put all of its money/resources on a new Onimusha game or reboot Dino Crisis.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All of these arguments about DMC re-enforces my opinion that Capcom should put all of its money/resources on a new Onimusha game or reboot Dino Crisis.

I've been preaching this for years! Fuck Resident Evil, if Capcom want to make a crazy fast-paced arcade-shooter, bring back Dino Crisis!

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By MildMolasses

Is there a way they can make a new DMC without Dante? Or better yet, we just nag platinum to make Bayonetta 2 Sigma or something

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lysergica33

I really hope that Devil May Cry 5 is shorthand for DmC: 2 as the way that game set up a sequel was pretty enticing, and I really, really enjoyed everything about that game. Great combat, great soundtrack, great level and art design, great writing. All just fuckin' great. I was surprised it wasn't all that well received.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By Hunter5024

I don't think I can go back to old Devil May Cry. I found the 4th one incredibly off putting. People can argue about the combat all they want, I disagree with them about which system is more fun, but I can respect that my opinion isn't particularly well informed and maybe there is a lot more depth to the old ways. However I think literally every other aspect of DMC showed a level of thoughtfulness that none of the previous games came close to touching.

Nals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I -highly- doubt DMC5.

El Shaddai was a flop. The God of War series has seen record low numbers. Bayonetta sold very poorly, and Bayonetta 2 will sell even worse thanks to the WiiU ( don't get me wrong, I love the series and am glad Nintendo gave it another chance, but lets be real about sales here. ). DmC was met with massive critical praise, but almost nothing in sales.

You can point all you want to how eager the fans are, or how much the fans love the series, or how it's the fans loved whatever the fuck, but none of that actually matters. From a business standpoint, the last 4 years have set a very clear message, if you make action brawlers, you will be met with poor sales. The best you could argue businesswise is that it's a risky genre. However Capcom can't bank on risk right now, it's hemorrhaging money, and needs an answer fast. DMC isn't that answer, and they are not going to bank behind it, they'll stick to the far more core franchises of Resident Evil ( 4-8mil sales ), Monster Hunter ( 6-12mil sales), and Street Fighter ( 4-6mil sales ).

Even the quote you linked isn't really a tease. It's the guy who developed DMC saying after he's done making Dragons Dogma games, he would like to, if Capcom is willing, go make another DMC game as he has some ideas for it. While it's nice he does, it's up to Capcom, and the answer will be what it's been for the past few years now, no. Itsuno is a moneymaker if they leave him in Dragons Dogma, taking him out just to throw him back on DMC ( which even at it's best was one of the lowest selling Capcom IPs ) doesn't make any sense.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There was a rumor around E3 that DD2 would be a PS4 exclusive but I haven't much since then.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@mildmolasses: Considering their attempt at a new character was Nero, who, for all intents and propose, and with no explanation, looks and dresses like a young Dante, I would say no. They are physically incapable of making a DMC game with a protagonist that doesn't look like a white haired bishonen.

And on your second suggestion, I would love little more than playing Bayonetta 2 in a PS3/360/PS4/XB1, but since Nintendo is publishing this one, I would consider it unlikely.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@hermes said:

@mildmolasses: Considering their attempt at a new character was Nero, who, for all intents and propose, and with no explanation, looks and dresses like a young Dante, I would say no. They are physically incapable of making a DMC game with a protagonist that doesn't look like a white haired bishonen.

And on your second suggestion, I would love little more than playing Bayonetta 2 in a PS3/360/PS4/XB1, but since Nintendo is publishing this one, I would consider it unlikely.

That's why the Sigma it and add Baby Bayonetta as a playable character. Bam! New game!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I would rather have had DmC2.

Come at me.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be down for both of those. Especially a new Onimusha, or even hey, some HD releases.

DMC5? Is everyone going to be contrary and be like 'oh thats a shame, I'd rather they do a DmC2 instead', oh internet, you fickle bitch.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

If it's DMC5 and not DmC2 then they might not even bother.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

They should make a sequel to DMC4 & DmC in the same game. They could combine the 2 & the 5 lol.

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be down for both of those. Especially a new Onimusha, or even hey, some HD releases.

I never did play any of the Onimusha games, despite wanting to, so I would be totally down with a HD collection for that series. I'm amazed they haven't done it yet.. Make it so, Capcom!

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lysergica33 said:

I really hope that Devil May Cry 5 is shorthand for DmC: 2 as the way that game set up a sequel was pretty enticing, and I really, really enjoyed everything about that game. Great combat, great soundtrack, great level and art design, great writing. All just fuckin' great. I was surprised it wasn't all that well received.

Because CapCom decided DMC needed a reboot nobody was fucking asking for.
    As a fan of the original series, I can appreciate that they tried to improve upon graphics and controls somewhat but it fell flat on every other critical feature of a DMC game. I'll try to explain to people what is simply a series of poor design choices in DmC:

1. DmC in 30 fps on consoles. In series in which frame perfect execution and dodges is vital, they managed to dumb it down by halving the amount of frames. Not to mention, it's just jarring to run 30 fps for a action game.

2. Controls. They used their Heavenly Sword mentality, a huge flop of a game by the way, onto a succesful series like DMC. They removed switching and cycling between weapons, into pressing and holding shoulder buttons. That's two (iirc. unremappable) buttons wasted that could have taken a single button.

2. Absence of styles (Trickster, Swordmaster, Gunslinger, Royalguard, Quicksilver, Doppelganger) that made DMC3 unique, instead they made the movesets and progression God of War-esque, buying into moves instead of having to master distinct styles. Normally, if everyone's favourite moves were present in this new DmC, this wouldn't be a problem. Only the barebones staples like stinger, prop shredder and bullet rain return.

3. Absence of originality in weapons. DMC3 had crazy weapons like a rock guitar, ice nun-chucks, a rocket launcher. A game heavily focused on using weapons in combo's should at least have interesting weapons. How is a scythe original?

4. Dante's new devil trigger. Why did they give a game primarily about ground to ground combat an overpowered deviil trigger built around abusing air combo's?

5. Dante is even more one-dimensional this time around. ''Consider yourself dumped'' isn't clever dialogue. I get bad high school vibes from him, the fans of the DMC series is over 20 years old by now. The original Dante at least had a stab at the sometimes weird story in the game and showed a little character progression.

6. Why on earth can you NOT use Vergil in bloody palace? He's DLC to boot, at least make him usable in the bloody palace.

7. Too much goddamn platforming. A DMC game is about the exhilirating battles and small puzzles inbetween. How could Ninja Theory put so much emphasis on getting from A to B?

So no, it's not this dumb notion about "Dante has black hair now" or some other crap. They botched gameplay by messing too much with it. DMC5 shouldn't be about fan service, it should be about taking the standards of DMC to a next level, not to the likes of Heavenly Sword.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jimmyfenix said:

DMC5? Is everyone going to be contrary and be like 'oh thats a shame, I'd rather they do a DmC2 instead', oh internet, you fickle bitch.

There's a strong contingency of DmC fans around these forums, but you might not know it if you only read the comments under Brad's review...

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Wraxend

@mildmolasses said:

@hermes said:

That's why the Sigma it and add Baby Bayonetta as a playable character. Bam! New game!

Well Mass Effect was published by Microsoft to begin with but is now on the PS3 so I hope it's not impossible that Bayonetta 2 will eventually come out on other systems.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Yummylee

@hermes said:

Actually, Nero looked so much like Dante because it was inferred that he was either Vergil's son, or some sort of... reincarnation of Vergil or whatever. He was supposed to be related to Vergil in some way in any case; it's the reason how he was able to reawaken the power in Vergil's sword, the Yamato.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

@brighty said:

@jimmyfenix said:

Sales are a trailing indicator though, DMC4 being received lukewarmly by fans is also likely a symptom of poor sales of the follow-up (much like DMC3's amazing showing was responsible for a lot of DMC4's massive sales). And DmC was nothing if not over-the-top, but frankly I'd rather see Bayonetta 2 come out on other consoles before DMC5.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@yummylee said:

@belegorm said:

Er... even as someone who thinks DmC Dante is possibly the best rendition of the character thus far, saying classic Dante was the same across all four games is completely false. In the original he was nothing but a one-dimensional quip-spewing cliche, with a little bit what comes across as a borderline incestuous desire for his mum via Trish. In DMC2 he was as equally one-dimensional, but now all such 'personality' he had in the original was removed, leaving him as this weirdly stoic shadow of nothingness, which was of course one of many reasons everybody (rightfully) shat on DMC2.

DMC3 was classic Dante at his best. He regained a lot of his characteristics from the original game, but the writing was a little bit snappier, and there was overall much more dialogue in general. It's the one classic DMC game where Dante actually came across as a character, and with the inclusions of Vergil and Lady, even allowed you to view him in a more vulnerable state. Dante also most certainly went through character development in DMC3; at the beginning he's of course a showoffy, aimless asshole with a very pervasive ''whatever'' sort of attitude, who seemingly doesn't care about anything or anyone, and he very clearly matures, to some degree, as the game progresses. Which of course is very similar to how Dante in DmC progresses as a character.

Then you have DMC4... where he reverted back to more of a caricature like in the first game, only he was made to be even more annoying as they attempted to make him come across as this 'crazy uncle' sort of character to contrast against the younger, angst-filled less-experienced Nero. DMC4 was more Nero's (and I use the term lightly) story, though, so in that regard it at least makes sense as to why Dante wasn't given much in the way of character development or... anything besides reasons to try and look ''cool''.

Aw come on, Uncle Dante is awesome.

I don't really think judging DMC for its story is very fair because that is not even in the top ten of reasons why you would play one of these games.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#42  Edited By emfromthesea

Should I finish Dragon's Dogma? I reached the point in the story where you meet the King, then stopped. Does the story become more interesting from there? I'd like to fight a dragon, but I'll be bummed out if I have to play another 10 hours of fighting goblins/griffons first.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Yummylee

@sunbrozak said:

Should I finish Dragon's Dogma? I reached the point in the story where you meet the King, then stopped. Does the story become more interesting from there? I'd like to fight a dragon, but I'll be bummed out if I have to play another 10 hours of fighting goblins/griffons first.

The story continues to meander about, but the ending stretch of Dragon's Dogma is fantastic. It outright saved that game for me, as up until that point I was gradually beginning to loathe that game and its terribly static open-world and lack of any reliable fast-travel. Since you've only just met the King you're still a ways off, though, so I couldn't judge whether it's worth it for you personally to drudge through more of the game's monotonous sections... but if you do, I'd like to hope you'll find the ending to be just as much a payoff as I did.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@undeadpool: Well, DMC5 is the more likely of those options, as it is the only one even remotely realistic. People need to stop complaining that Bayonetta 2 is a Wii U exclusive. The game is being funded on Nintendo's dime. Seeing it on a Sony or Microsoft console will not happen. It's amazing people are still deluding themselves on this. (Not you specifically, but in general.)

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And Capcom continues to spiral downward.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#46  Edited By Humanity

@yummylee said:

@sunbrozak said:

The story continues to meander about, but the ending stretch of Dragon's Dogma is fantastic. It outright saved that game for me, as up until that point I was gradually beginning to loathe that game and its terribly static open-world and lack of any reliable fast-travel. Since you've only just met the King you're still a ways off, though, so I couldn't judge whether it's worth it for you personally to drudge through more of the game's monotonous sections... but if you do, I'd like to hope you'll find the ending to be just as much a payoff as I did.

I say if you're not having fun traversing the world and fighting monsters up to this point then just put it down. There is little sense in slogging through something you're not enjoying simply to see the "cool ending" which will be completely lost on you as you'll have begun to loathe the game itself. I had a ton of fun simply playing it and went out of my way exploring to level up my skills, my pawns, attain new loot and so forth. If you're not getting any enjoyment out of that, and that is an RPG mind you, then honestly nothing else will do much for you.

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

From what I played DD was pretty fun. I enjoyed DmC but would've loved a DMC 5. Also a new Rival Schools game would be fucking siiiiick!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Well I was being contrary at the time when everyone was kicking dirt on it, so I don't think I'm being contrary now by wanting more of the thing I liked.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Yummylee

@humanity said:

@yummylee said:

@sunbrozak said:

I say if you're not having fun traversing the world and fighting monsters up to this point then just put it down. There is little sense in slogging through something you're not enjoying simply to see the "cool ending" which will be completely lost on you as you'll have begun to loathe the game itself. I had a ton of fun simply playing it and went out of my way exploring to level up my skills, my pawns, attain new loot and so forth. If you're not getting any enjoyment out of that, and that is an RPG mind you, then honestly nothing else will do much for you.

...I'm speaking from experience. I thought DD's ending stretch with the dragon boss battle and all the Everfall stuff was brilliant, despite still utterly hating that I had to do an unnecessary amount of sprinting (then waiting for my stamina to recharge every 30 seconds) just to get anywhere before hand.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I'd much rather DmC2 but I do kind of hope they make DMC5, it'll flop hard and then people can shut their faces about DmC being terrible because it wasn't. People just don't care about this kind of game as much as they did before and there are so many more options for excellent 3rd person action games no one game is going to do as well as the early DMC games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.