So, Isaac Clarke's armour to feature in Dragon Age 2..?

#1 Edited by Yummylee (20540 posts) -

Yupp, more DLC! Though this is tied to preordering Dead Space 2, similar to how preordering Dragon Age Origins would of given you access to the Blood Dragon Armour for Mass Effect 2. Except... well... they were both BioWare developed games. This is more down to EA no doubt then, and it isn't the first time for an EA franchise to give not so subtle nods to other EA Franchises such as Isaac Clarke once more offering his cameoed self into one of the Tiger Woods games. Guy deserves that little bit of relaxation, but didn't make it any less weird, and this doubly so!
#2 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

I would never be able to wear that thing, just like the Blood Dragon Armour.

#3 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2576 posts) -

Looks cool at least
#4 Posted by Scheds (456 posts) -

Pretty strange stuff. The armor looks pretty good, but hopefully they don't open the floodgates to poor DLC packs again, like in the first DA.

#5 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

looks badass

#6 Posted by Jimbo (9708 posts) -

Is that Skeleton bleeding?

#7 Posted by Yummylee (20540 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
" Is that Skeleton bleeding? "
Ser Isaac of the Clarke has a natural ability to make anything bleed.
#8 Posted by phrosnite (3517 posts) -

God no... Also if that skeleton is indeed bleeding I will go cry in my bed.

#9 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

I would love if he would appear in every EA game or perhaps just randomly, how about the next FIFA game?

#10 Posted by Yummylee (20540 posts) -
@phrosnite said:
" God no... Also if that skeleton is indeed bleeding I will go cry in my bed. "
Try to resist the urge of shoving a remote up your arse.
#11 Posted by DeF (4688 posts) -

at least this looks more appropriate than the dead space suit in dante's inferno (or disco dante, for that matter)

#12 Posted by phrosnite (3517 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" @phrosnite said:
Try to resist the urge of shoving a remote up your arse. "
Well, that wasn't nice of you...
#13 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
That's no skeleton
#14 Posted by Yummylee (20540 posts) -
@phrosnite said:
" @Abyssfull said:
" @phrosnite said:
Try to resist the urge of shoving a remote up your arse. "
Well, that wasn't nice of you... "
I'z only joshin wich you <3
#15 Posted by XenoNick (1366 posts) -

That is stupidly awesome.

#16 Posted by pwnasaurus (1286 posts) -

fuck this gets worse every time you show me something, your tearing me apart bioware!

#17 Posted by Cubic (171 posts) -
@Jimbo said:
In Dragon Age, everything bleeds. 

I'd almost be annoyed by this shameless cross-promotion, if it wasn't for the fact that that armour looks absolutely dope.
#18 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

man you people take yourselves waaaaay too seriously

#19 Posted by Jimbo (9708 posts) -

It looks fucking ridiculous, but if equipping it makes you stomp around everywhere... I could be swayed.

#20 Edited by Yummylee (20540 posts) -
@Jimbo said:

" It looks fucking ridiculous, but if equipping it makes you stomp around everywhere... I could be swayed. "

There's a trailer for it in the link, which makes Hawke's cries during battle sound Isaac Clarke-ish, I think. Maybe semi-auto curb stomping will become one of the finishing moves with that armour on too.

We must trust in The Maker, who I believe may very well be the entity behind the Unitology cult as well, after seeing this.
#21 Edited by BeachThunder (11251 posts) -
@ShaneDev said:

" I would love if he would appear in every EA game or perhaps just randomly, how about the next FIFA game? "

I'd like to see Faith wearing that in the next Mirror's Edge game.
#22 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

Well... I hate to say it, but that actually looks ridiculously cool.

#23 Posted by phrosnite (3517 posts) -

So... I'm guessing for ME3 we will get the suit from Crysis...

#24 Posted by Yummylee (20540 posts) -
@BeachThunder said:
" @ShaneDev said:

" I would love if he would appear in every EA game or perhaps just randomly, how about the next FIFA game? "

I'd like to see Faith wearing that in the next Mirror's Edge game. "
Him appearing in SSX: Deadly Descents has now become incredibly plausible. Clarke is what puts the ''Deadly'' in the title!
#25 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" @BeachThunder said:
" @ShaneDev said:

I'd like to see Faith wearing that in the next Mirror's Edge game. "
Him appearing in SSX: Deadly Descents has now become incredibly plausible. Clarke is what puts the ''Deadly'' in the title! "
I would be surprised he didn't appear in Mass Effect 3 at some point either as amour or a guy in the background.
#26 Posted by face15 (1244 posts) -

At least they've stylized it to somewhat fit into the game. It's mostly just the helmet that looks a little out of place. 
I don't find this too offensive.

#27 Posted by ArbitraryWater (10979 posts) -

It works. I guess. Still probably not going to pre-order Dead Space 2.

#28 Edited by nick_verissimo (1373 posts) -

If the pre-order opened up a space engineer class and the main skill tree behind the class was curb stomping and sounding absolutely disgusted and terrified with every swing of my blade, than I'd totally pre-order the game and pick up Dragon Age 2.

#29 Posted by ToxicFruit (1713 posts) -

without the helmet it looks pretty cool

#30 Posted by jNerd (2008 posts) -

That looks awesome, I wish I cared about Dragon Age (:

#31 Posted by BibleDoctor (698 posts) -

Are people really complaining about this? Don't enter in the damn code if you have it, or don't buy Dead Space 2 if you don't want it. Simple as that. 

QQing is fucking ridiculous.

#32 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (5793 posts) -

I thought this was a little silly, but honestly, that armor looks pretty good and I might be preordering both anyways.  So... score, I guess? 

#33 Posted by Hailinel (22666 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" @Jimbo said:

" It looks fucking ridiculous, but if equipping it makes you stomp around everywhere... I could be swayed. "

There's a trailer for it in the link, which makes Hawke's cries during battle sound Isaac Clarke-ish, I think. Maybe semi-auto curb stomping will become one of the finishing moves with that armour on too. We must trust in The Maker, who I believe may very well be the entity behind the Unitology cult as well, after seeing this. "
it's revealed in Dragon Age II
#34 Posted by Wuddel (2057 posts) -
@filthreaper said: 
   I'd almost be annoyed by this shameless cross-promotion, if it wasn't for the fact that that armour looks absolutely dope.  
This. But it really shows how much power EA has. So people, please do not give Bioware or other EA developers shit for ever lame thing they do. It might as well be EAs bad idea. I am looking at you Bad Company 1 Gold Edition.
#35 Edited by MegaMetaTurtle (414 posts) -

Edit: Sorry, codes gone now :)

#36 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4492 posts) -

Only worth getting if you get a special curbstomp attack.

#37 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

So I got Dead Space 2 today for the 360 and the code for the armour will only work with the 360 version of Dragon Age 2 according the the leaflet. I know it's a long shot but if someone has the code for the PC version and wants Dragon Age 2 for the 360...like I said a long shot. I'd be willing to trade

#38 Posted by Gamer_152 (13966 posts) -

This actually seems kind of cool.

#39 Posted by Yummylee (20540 posts) -

Having got Dead Space 2 today, I completely forgot about this Ser Isaac Code. Gotta ask, though.. where is it?? It's a new copy, ps3, and all the only code I can find here is the online pass for its multiplayer =S

#40 Posted by perilator666 (431 posts) -
@Abyssfull: i was wondering about that too. is the online pass the code for the armor?
#41 Posted by McFly (63 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @Abyssfull said:
" @Jimbo said:

There's a trailer for it in the link, which makes Hawke's cries during battle sound Isaac Clarke-ish, I think. Maybe semi-auto curb stomping will become one of the finishing moves with that armour on too. We must trust in The Maker, who I believe may very well be the entity behind the Unitology cult as well, after seeing this. "
it's revealed in Dragon Age II
"
You know...they technically never explained where the Darkspawn came from. So the way I see it, Dragon Age is the precursor to Dead Space, which takes place millions of years before Fringe, which will eventually lead to the discovery of Mass Relays near Pluto by Bad Company who end up there after being pursed by cops driving Lambos...in space. Hows that for cross-promotion ? 

Heavy!

Ok sorry, I'm never posting again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.