Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jun 06, 2008

A spiritual successor to the Dragon Ball Z: Budokai series of fighting games, Burst Limit marks the first appearance of the Dragon Ball series on seventh-generation consoles.

Pretty game, but a step back?

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tec3297

Yeah the game looks awesome and all, but going back to 2D linear style fighting seems like a step back from the huge open environments from the Budokai Tenkaichi series.
    What do you guys think?

endlessoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By endlessoul

Well, it's in HD. There's a step forward. It omits the Buu Saga and the DBGT elements. There's two steps back.

Having only played the most recent Tenkaichi for a few battles, I can say this is a little less hectic. There was a lot of 3D fighting with squinting to see the player in the background in the most recent games.

I like Burst Limit. Is it a buy? Depends on how good you are at the game and if you've got friends to play with.

chililili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By chililili

Well I find it very fun but I skipped the tenkaichi, my last budokai game had been budokai 3.

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tec3297

I think that it feels a lot like budokai 3 which is probably why you like it so much.

Esineon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Esineon
    Burst limit felt like they held a lot back, characters are good, but maybe alittle more fighting variations btwn them would have been better...

and why for the love of all things DBZ I cant get Goku's Instant Transmission Kamahamaha to work, i do not know!! :-P
    tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tec3297

Considering there were over 100 characters in the last two games, and then there are only 20 in this game, it feels like a let down.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.