Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dreamcast

Platform »

The Dreamcast is the fifth and final console developed by Sega and the first of the sixth-generation of consoles to release. As the first 128-bit system, it was the first to offer truly arcade-quality 3D graphics. It is famous for being the first console to include worldwide online capability, its game library, and its unexpectedly short life span.

Should this year anniversary be a huge deal?

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    9/9/99-9/9/09
    9/9/99-9/9/09
    I know it's early, but  this year's anniversary of the Dreamcast launch marks the tenth anniversary of the beloved system. So I was wondering, should this year anniversary be a huge deal? A bigger deal than how it was in previous anniversary.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

Why would it be a big deal? It was a great console and all, but it's time is done. It would be a big deal if they announced a Dreamcast 2 though.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

God I love the Dreamcast.  I just wish it had a longer life span.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By kush

Sega should celebrate the anniversary with a brand new game for 9/9/09: Sonic's Ultimate Dreamcast Collection! Give me the Sonic Adventure games, Shenmue, Power Stone games, Crazy Taxi games, etc....I'd love me a good Dreamcast collection. Mmmmm, tastes good.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus
    Kush said:
    "Sega should celebrate the anniversary with a brand new game for 9/9/09: Sonic's Ultimate Dreamcast Collection! Give me the Sonic Adventure games, Shenmue, Power Stone games, Crazy Taxi games, etc....I'd love me a good Dreamcast collection. Mmmmm, tastes good."
    That's actually a good idea, and yea, they do need to keep the horrible name. But no the anniversary shouldn't be a big deal. I don't like to celebrate failure.
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

I would like for it to be a bigger deal than the other anniversary seeing how it's the tenth one. It would be cool to see interviews of Sega, Capcom, or any other company that worked on games for the system,  talking about their time developing games for the Dreamcast.

It would be better to see that than people talk about the Dreamcast for a short amount time on a podcast....

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

WELL????

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By Red

YES. The Dreamcast 2 is coming, and Rock Band Beatles will be an exclusive for it. Come on guys, Sega did this with the Saturn already.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RetroIce4
    Red said:
    "YES. The Dreamcast 2 is coming, and Rock Band Beatles will be an exclusive for it. Come on guys, Sega did this with the Saturn already."
    True. The funny thing is I had  a fake Dreamcast 2 promo on some special day for SEGA and got a couple people to believe that there would
    be a Dreamcast 2 production. I even had a fake link from the official SEGA website and got some people to go there and say it was real. That was funny.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HandsomeDead

Yeah, I would like to see SEGA do something with it but i've given up hope with them doing anything good so i'm expecting 9/9/09 to fly by with maybe a different home page on the SEGA website or something.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By RHCPfan24
    Kush said:
    "Sega should celebrate the anniversary with a brand new game for 9/9/09: Sonic's Ultimate Dreamcast Collection! Give me the Sonic Adventure games, Shenmue, Power Stone games, Crazy Taxi games, etc....I'd love me a good Dreamcast collection. Mmmmm, tastes good."
    That's a......GREAT idea!! Seriously, I think you are on to something about this. That would even trump the Genesis Collection. Now, let's make this happen.....

Red said:
    "YES. The Dreamcast 2 is coming, and Rock Band: Beatles will be an exclusive for it. Come on guys, Sega did this with the Saturn already."

Oh, and fixed. It's there.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Kush said:
    " Sega should celebrate the anniversary with a brand new game for 9/9/09: Sonic's Ultimate Dreamcast Collection! Give me the Sonic Adventure games, Shenmue, Power Stone games, Crazy Taxi games, etc....I'd love me a good Dreamcast collection. Mmmmm, tastes good. "

I would be down with that, but it's very unlikely. Power Stone is Capcom developed ;)

I would love a new Dreamcast release from SEGA, for the original console.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Godwind

I say in celebration of 9/9/09, we stop posting on the internet and pull out our dreamcasts (or just play them if you have it hooked up).  or list links to Dreamcast related articles.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By TheHBK

I know it was done to death but I would definitely buy an XBLA version of Craxy Taxi and maybe Shenmue, hell we should all revive the idea of bringing Sega's Dreamcast library to the XBLA, that would be fucking sweet.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By lemon360

to celebrate maybe they could do some dreamcast endurance run. what games could suit that?

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    @TheHBK said:
    " I know it was done to death but I would definitely buy an XBLA version of Craxy Taxi and maybe Shenmue, hell we should all revive the idea of bringing Sega's Dreamcast library to the XBLA, that would be fucking sweet. "
    What about PSN? Why must you be greedy? PSN & XBLA, get it right next time.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#17  Edited By TheHBK
    @Kou_Leifoh said:
    " @TheHBK said:
    " I know it was done to death but I would definitely buy an XBLA version of Craxy Taxi and maybe Shenmue, hell we should all revive the idea of bringing Sega's Dreamcast library to the XBLA, that would be fucking sweet. "
    What about PSN? Why must you be greedy? PSN & XBLA, get it right next time. "
    Because Dreamcast games are not meant to be played on that controller.  Seriously, the Xbox controller is an improved version of the Dreamcast controller.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Al3xand3r

09/09/09 DREAMCAST 2 SHENMUE 3! BELIEVE!

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
    @dcpc10 said:
    " @TheHBK said:
    " @Kou_Leifoh said:
    " @TheHBK said:
    What about PSN? Why must you be greedy? PSN & XBLA, get it right next time. "
    Because Dreamcast games are not meant to be played on that controller.  Seriously, the Xbox controller is an improved version of the Dreamcast controller.
    "
    Huh?Anyways, yes, I would love to see a dreamcast selection of games released for all of the platforms :D "
    YES! I agree.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Godwind

HOLY SHIT! THEIR GONNA RELEASE A A VIRTUAL CONSOLE FOR THE WII.

ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By ZmillA

my birthday is September 9th...

Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
    TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22  Edited By TheLawnWrangler

I want a Jet Set Radio game one way or another; Future on XBLM, Grind on virtua console, i don't care lol

man I loved this console :P
    EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By EvilTwin
    Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
    TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By TheLawnWrangler
    @EvilTwin: I'm really excited for that movie... even though reports from pre screenings say it kinda sucked, I'LL STILL WATCH IT (even though they say it's only 73 minutes :O)
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Just one more mouth! I've found out that Sega celebrated the 20TH anniversary of the Genesis - they're celebrating by posting a poll about which Genesis game should hit XBLA. 

Though I think Sega suck balls for only having it available on XBLA and not on other platforms like PSN, and also, fuck 3rd party exclusives. 

Also, check this out.

No Caption Provided
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

I just found out that Sega is not going to celebrate the Dreamcast in the same way as the Genesis. 

It sucks that Sega is pretty much acting like that had nothing to do with the Dreamcast. Sure it was a failure in the end, but it left a really good legacy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.