Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dreamfall Chapters

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 21, 2014

The episodic sequel to Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.

How do selecting the choices work in this?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It'd be easier to watch a video on YouTube of some of the gameplay, but I don't really want to spoil any of it. I just finished Dreamfall and The Longest Journey, and I want to get this (though I think I'll wait for the PS4 version), and I was just wondering, is it more like Mass Effect where you can be idle for as long as you'd like and think about the choice, or like The Walking Dead and it's timed for you to choose? Also, I loved both The Longest Journey and Dreamfall. When is this supposed to be on PS4?

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They made it for PC first, second, and third dude I wouldn't expect to the see the PS4 release news any time soon. While they really shouldn't they may also wait until the game is actually "complete" since it is releasing in three chapters.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@karkarov: I know what they released the games on and when. That said, it was five months ago that they said they were putting it out on PS4, so it'll come at some point, I'm just curious when exactly, though I don't really think anyone but the developers know. I just hope sooner rather than later. Them releasing it all in one would be okay I guess.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By rethla

As far as i remember you dont get timed on your descisions, quite the opposite infact. When you hover over a response you will hear the inner voice of your character expand on their reasoning behind that response and it can be quite the monolog per response option so take your time.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rethla: Sweet, that sounds cool. Thank you.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By armaan8014

Ive just started The longest journey and am pretty excited to play this one eventually :D I wouldn't be able to wait if I were in your place, I think.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armaan8014: No, I don't want to wait either, but I don't want to buy it and then all of a sudden it not running well enough for me to enjoy it, which is the only reason I haven't bought it yet and playing now. I said I didn't want to spoil it, but I feel Giant Bomb quick looks are quite good at not revealing too much, so I am watching it since I found that they made one. Yeah, I just finished The Longest Journey two days ago and Dreamfall two hours ago. I think I'll wait for this on PS4, unless I feel it takes too long, then I might just go ahead and get it on PC.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ntm: Well the GB quicklook doesnt spoil any major storyplot but it spoils one of the most awesome moments in episode 1 :)

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NTM

@rethla: It looked like a funny part, yes.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: I decided to get the game once I saw that part with the musician guy in the QL. It was funny, but also really, really beautiful.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armaan8014: Did you beat The Longest Journey and/or Dreamfall before, or did you just start playing Chapters?

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ntm: I haven't started chapters yet. I'm playing TLJ at the moment, will play the sequels after that.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NTM

@armaan8014: Where are you in The Longest Journey now? And how are you liking it?

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By armaan8014

@ntm: I'm at the part where April steps through the portal for the very first time (behind the theater) I've just stepped into the other world and have yet to explore it.

I'm liking it quite a bit so far. Surprisingly, I feel it has aged very well (at least with the Nvidia AA settings pushed up) It's probably because it's a point and click adventure game, so it feels very much like a great indie/ mobile game of the present day.

Even more surprisingly, I had tried this game out more than a couple of years back, and didn't even last more than ten minutes. I don't think I even exited her home that time around! Guess watching Dreamfall chapters really made me want to play through them all this time around.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armaan8014: With the anti aliasing on by the control panel, it doesn't look correct to me, so I turned it off. Yeah, it plays fine. You're still near the beginning than, or like, two to three hours in.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By armaan8014

@ntm: Yup, near the beginning

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.