Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

DreamForge Intertainment, Inc.

Company »

Developer of High-End PC RPG's throughout the 1990's.

How do I get permission to adapt Sanitarium for the stage?

HombreGato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HombreGato

I have a friend who directs plays at a tiny community theater in a tiny town. I've been talking to him recently about how amazing it would be to adapt Sanitarium as a Halloween show to be performed for one weekend. How does one go about obtaining permission to do this? The company is no more, but the game is still sold on gog.com, so somebody must still claim ownership.

I don't have experience in this, but I'd love to prove to him that we wouldn't be sued. (As if a small town community theater would pop up on the radar of anyone.)

sociald1077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By sociald1077

Maybe try going through gog.com and seeing if there is a publisher listed somewhere, or contacting gog.com directly since they must know who the publisher is. Its probably just going to take a bit of detective work to get the ball rolling.

If you do get something going, let me know. Sanitarium is one of my most favorite adventure games. I remember having to dig up that dead baby and thinking "This is the most disturbing game I have ever played!"

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Jeust

@sociald1077 said:

"This is the most disturbing game I have ever played!"

And awesome!

Good luck with the play.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.