Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dying Light 2: Stay Human

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Feb 04, 2022

Dying Light 2 takes place fifteen years after the first game.

A new gameplay trailer!

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Dying Light 2 has a new release date of December 6th, and there's a new trailer to boot! Enjoy! Busy day!

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Looks good, but I still don't trust any release date on this. I did like the idea of the nests that are only accessible at night. I don't like what looks like a ton of combat against humans. I know there was some in the first game, but this seemed like you could be taking on a dozen or more by yourself, and that takes me out of it a bit. In a world where there are so few survivors, it doesn't make sense for your character to be killing hundreds over the course of the game. I know, it is just a video game and that's what you do, but it breaks the immersion a bit here.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A 14 minute (based on DL1 night length) XP boost being behind the $100 edition is something special.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Malaria vision is back. Party like it's 2007.

prolurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My most anticipated game of 2021, weirdly enough. I can't quite put my finger on why, it just scratches a parkour/first-person/horror itch with over-the-top upgrades. Although I kind of hope they reworked the grapple mechanism from the first title, it felt OP to the point I stopped using it.

I suppose no raytracing or anything like that. Graphics look a tad last-gen, but still nothing to complain about. Very excited!

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

As someone who just got around to playing Dying Light for the first time last year, I'm really interested in a sequel, even a very iterative sequel. That being said, with all that's happened around this project: who knows? Hope for the best, expect the worst, I guess.

Avatar image for lapsariangiraff
    lapsariangiraff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I went into that trailer skeptical, given all the hubbub around the development.

I came out excited, though! The new combat and parkour options look cool, and honestly, as one of the most satisfying open world traversal systems in a game I've played, just iterating on the parkour from Dying Light 1 is enough for a sale for me.

I'm also glad this footage has none of that overwhelming film grain/post processing blur/chromatic aberration the first game did, except during the infected sequences. That game had a really neat world but looked so blurry.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Yes yes yes uh huh uh huh all of that mm hm give it to me.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Humanity

Looks fun. I never played the first one for whatever reason - I think the night sections scared me off - but this is looking pretty cool. It's kind of a lame choice to let you choose between working for survivors that want to foster in a new civilized dawn for mankind.. or vicious ex-cons that want to subjugate everyone under their control., but hopefully all things won't be so obviously black and white.

CreepingDeath0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the one hand this game really looks like it should've come out in 2019. On the other... I really want to dropkick fools off buildings. It'll probably be a buy, but not at the *checks Steam* £55 they're asking for.

redwing42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@humanity: Hey, it looks like you can work with authoritarian cops too, if the other two don't suit you. Maybe there is a New Vegas "Wild Card" path also. I do hope there is a bit more fleshed out backstory than good guys, bad guys, and cops.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@redwing42: I'm only worried that the bad guys will be just bad guys, the cops will be cops and the good guys might also end up having some shady underbelly. Ultimately what will make or break the game is the fun parkour gameplay loop, but it would be cool if the narrative part of it wasn't the same ol' same ol' post apocalyptic stuff we've seen so many times before.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I like the expansion they've done on the human combat. Some of those new options look very fun, and they also seem to have removed that annoying bullshit where human enemies would dodge randomly with I frames for 35 minutes while you swung your sword like a jackass.

Not a big fan that they've brightened the night up, though. It looks like daytime will be human time, and night time will be zombie time. I loved the scrambling, panicked feeling of being in the night in the first game and it felt amazing to master that gameplay loop. Making the night easier to navigate and less tense is a big negative in my book.

morningcoffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a hard time getting into the first one. It was a cool game but I couldn't get the hang of the parkour system. Occasionally I could get into a flow where I was making every jump and it felt really good, but usually I would just panic, start running, and then fall into a pit of zombies.

I kinda want to load it up and give it another shot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.