Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2011

Concept »

The 2011 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 7-9.

E3 hype machine! What are you looking forward to?

• 85 results
    iGaboru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 23

#51  Edited By iGaboru
    @Starfishhunter9: Thanks :D How about you make yours?
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By AhmadMetallic

BATTLEFIELD MULTIPLAYERRRRRRRRRR

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By WinterSnowblind

The NGP and Project Café are the big ones, I don't think there's any games I'm really excited about seeing.  There's a lot coming that I'm looking forward to, but I don't need to see more footage of them to know I'm buying them. 
    Somewhat interested to see what Microsoft do with Kinect too.  Seems like they're really trying to push it as something that can work with hardcore games, it's likely to fall flat, but should at least be interesting. 

Other than that, I'd just like a few big surprises..  Maybe we'll finally see those sequels to Shenmue, Jet Set Radio and Skies of Arcadia.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

In terms of conferences just Nintendo. Sorry, but I'm not interested in watching demos for crappy Kinect titles or watching a 3 hour long apology from Sony.

Timesplitters 4 is what I'm looking for. Some new Exclusive IPs for 360 (NOT KINECT) would also be great.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Wuddel
    1. Cool new IPs preferentially with new genre mixes or at rare genres like FPSMMO or turn-based strategy
    2. Syndicate reboot
    3. Battlefield 3
    4. Bioshock Infinite
    5. new Kinect titles ... if noting cool gets announced I am selling my 360 with that useless brick
    YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By YoungFrey

I'm looking forward to the podcasts.  Nothing else. 

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Sooty

I'm only looking forward to seeing what Sony say about PSN.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#58  Edited By Cold_Wolven

I'm excited for Nintendo's next console and hopefully a lot of new games announced.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#60  Edited By Cathryn

I'm mostly interested in hardware stuff this year.

I have no plans to buy nintendo's next home console, but I'm curious to see more concrete information on what the system's going to be like.  Also want a closer look and possible release date for NGP (though I really hope Vita isn't the name for it), and perhaps some more info on Final Fantasy Versus XIII.

Persona 5 maybe?  Though I think that's probably more likely at TGS.  It'll be nice to get more details on Persona 2, though, which I'm assuming Atlus will be showing off.  Anything MegaTen would be nice.

Also kind've curious about what Sony's going to say about the PSN debacle.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By JJOR64

What Nintendo has in plan for the future and what Microsoft has planned for new features for the Dashboard.

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Slaker117

I'm curious to see what the Halo remake will actually be. Because I'm a sad, predictable bastard. Other than that, it's the stuff we don't know that's the most interesting. I want to be surprised by something crazy.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By RE_Player1

Not much. I'll be playing inFamous and reading stories after I'm done. 

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#64  Edited By Skald

Anytime you have an E3 with new hardware, the coolest thing is going to be the hardware. 

To be honest, I'm actually a bit more interested in this year's WWDC.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Contro
    jondavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By jondavis

Vitality Sensor. 

Cabbage_TheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Cabbage_TheMan
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @Cabbage_TheMan said:
    @Zoolander said:
    Hopefully a multiplayer reveal for Battlefield 3.
    Oh no you didnt..  This day we fight.
    hahaha I'm so glad somebody understood I was joking
    ertdaemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ertdaemon
    @Turtlebird95 said:
    In terms of conferences just Nintendo. Sorry, but I'm not interested in watching demos for crappy Kinect titles or watching a 3 hour long apology from Sony.  Timesplitters 4 is what I'm looking for. Some new Exclusive IPs for 360 (NOT KINECT) would also be great.

Out of interest, how did you find Timesplitters Future Perfect - because I found that a step in the wrong direction and hope that a new one would be much like TS2.
    But thank you for reminding me about the fact that TImesplitters 4 is needed!
    FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69  Edited By FesteringNeon

Kentia Hall, hot dog reports.
    ....oh wait.

RIP

Michaelblack18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Michaelblack18

how will the new Nintendo system will actually look like in function when it's revealed at Nintendo's conference  hopefully something from mr nomura on the progress of giving the world Kingdom Hearts 3 at last since process is winding down on final fantasy versus 13 and kingdom hearts 3D you would think they hed give an announcement saying "hey kh3 is going to happen heres this teaser and this is the projected date for it" and i hope thats at this years E3 also want some more coverage of arkham city what exactly konami has up there sleeve thats so big and important they want everyone in the world to see it and the list goes on

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Lunar_Aura

child of eden 
    the last guardian 
    PROJECT _______ stated to come out within the next 5 years but will be cancelled in 2.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By BestUsernameEver

RAGE and the new Nintendo system. 

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#73  Edited By GunstarRed

Mario 3DS! 

I'd also like to see some of that insane timetravelly stuff everyone is talking about in Bioshock Infinite, Last Guardian, Something new.
    penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#74  Edited By penguindust
    1. The NGP/"Vita"
    2. Project Cafe
    3. Something new from Bungie and Respawn Entertainment (formed Infinity Wards guys)
    4. Hands-on reports about Guild Wars 2, Tera, and Star Wars the Old Republic
    5. Surprises!
    Looking at the floor show map, it's interesting to see the size of Microsoft's booth in comparison to both Sony and Nintendo's presence on the floor.  

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ErTDaemon: @ErTDaemon said:
    @Turtlebird95 said:
    In terms of conferences just Nintendo. Sorry, but I'm not interested in watching demos for crappy Kinect titles or watching a 3 hour long apology from Sony.  Timesplitters 4 is what I'm looking for. Some new Exclusive IPs for 360 (NOT KINECT) would also be great.
     Out of interest, how did you find Timesplitters Future Perfect - because I found that a step in the wrong direction and hope that a new one would be much like TS2. But thank you for reminding me about the fact that TImesplitters 4 is needed!
    Loved it. Only thing I would have changed was the objectives. I felt they did a WAY better job of those in TS 2. Also TS 2 had better locations and time zones. And yes, Timesplitters 4 is the shooter this generation has been craving for!
    Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Contro
    • Starfox - Project Cafe (Retro Studios) 
    • Pikmin 3 -  3DS / Project Cafe (Nintendo)
    hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By hatking
    @Turtlebird95 said:
    @Turtlebird95 said:
     Out of interest, how did you find Timesplitters Future Perfect - because I found that a step in the wrong direction and hope that a new one would be much like TS2. But thank you for reminding me about the fact that TImesplitters 4 is needed!
    Loved it. Only thing I would have changed was the objectives. I felt they did a WAY better job of those in TS 2. Also TS 2 had better locations and time zones. And yes, Timesplitters 4 is the shooter this generation has been craving for!
    Do you guys think this is going to make an appearance?  TimeSplitters is my favorite game series of all time and I've been suffering serious withdrawal since I sold my Xbox and PS2. 

I'm mostly looking forward to the unexpected.  I don't really need to see more about Gears of War 3 or the twenty other games that we all have a deep understanding of.  I want to see something crazy and unexpected.  Anything.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#78  Edited By Seppli
    1. Battlefield 3
    2. Dark Souls
    3. NGP
    4. Project Café
    5. ...and I'd love to be surprised
    vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#79  Edited By vager
    • Planet Side Next 
    • Dark Souls 
    • Battlefield 3 
    • 343 Studio's Game 
    • Project Cafe
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Seppli
    @PenguinDust

Dude - sorry to inform you. Guild Wars 2 will not attend E3. Will be at all public shows like PAX Prime with hands-on demos and proper reveals. ArenaNet has an eventplan on their site with details.

ArenaNet's Tradeshow Summer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HatKing said:
    @Turtlebird95 said:
    @Turtlebird95 said:
    Do you guys think this is going to make an appearance?  TimeSplitters is my favorite game series of all time and I've been suffering serious withdrawal since I sold my Xbox and PS2.  I'm mostly looking forward to the unexpected.  I don't really need to see more about Gears of War 3 or the twenty other games that we all have a deep understanding of.  I want to see something crazy and unexpected.  Anything.
    Crytek UK (Free Radical) has already confirmed a big announcement is planned for e3 in regards to their next game, which I'm guessing is TS4. We'll find out in a few days.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Seppli
    @buzz_killington said:

The games that are known quantities to me, i.e. I know I'm gonna get them anyways, are games I'm not excited about at all. I know I'm going to play Uncharted 3, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Skyrim, Rage, and FIFA 11 this year come hell or high water.   Games that are shrouded in mystery, however, are much more interesting. The new Tomb Raider, Hitman: Absolution, Battlefield 3, The Adventures of Tintin, Rayman Origins, and Need for Speed: The Run are the games I'm actually excited about.

Forgot about NFS:The Run. Really curious to see what they'll do with Frostbite 2 or rather, what Frostbite 2 will do for it.

NFS : Hot Pursuit being one of the few 'PURE JOY' games I can think of, I have high expectations for it. Albeit that might be because Hot Pursuit has been designed by Criterion - the absolute masters of arcade racing fun.

Never played a BlackBox NFS game. They're a mixed bag, as far as I have gathered.
    eliminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#83  Edited By eliminator

I wanna see The Last Guardian, a lot of it....please.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By hatking
    @Turtlebird95 said:
    @HatKing said:
    @Turtlebird95 said:
    @Turtlebird95 said:
    Do you guys think this is going to make an appearance?  TimeSplitters is my favorite game series of all time and I've been suffering serious withdrawal since I sold my Xbox and PS2.  I'm mostly looking forward to the unexpected.  I don't really need to see more about Gears of War 3 or the twenty other games that we all have a deep understanding of.  I want to see something crazy and unexpected.  Anything.
    Crytek UK (Free Radical) has already confirmed a big announcement is planned for e3 in regards to their next game, which I'm guessing is TS4. We'll find out in a few days.
    That's awesome! I can't wait. : )
    ertdaemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By ertdaemon
    @HatKing said:
    @Turtlebird95 said:
    @HatKing said:

Online coop, TDM and all those other modes *drools*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.