Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2011

Concept »

The 2011 Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California on June 7-9.

Which is more of a big issue for all 3 companies at E3?

Avatar image for synystershadows
    SynysterShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SynysterShadows
    SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By SMTDante89

I would say for both Sony and Nintendo, Online will be a big issue for both.  Sony because of the whole PSN fiasco, and Nintendo because their online stuff has been pretty lackluster.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By crusader8463

I don't understand the wording of your question. Those are all big issues for each company that need to be addresses. Are you asking which of the three I think is bigger over all?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I don't think MS will have any issue with the lack of X360 exclusives because their show will be entirely about the goddamn kinect 

i don't think Nintendo will have any issues either. They're great at showing off new hardware 

So i think the biggest fail this year lies within SONY's conference, with their store down and their network getting hacked over and over

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BraveToaster

D. All of the above

SynysterShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SynysterShadows

Yeah I'm asking which is the bigger issue.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Quacktastic

I think once Sony's stuff is all fixed people won't really care anymore,  it's a big issuse, but only a temporary one -- E3 is usually about the future.
    MS need to have some games, in a bad way.  Maybe not for business -- but for people who actually care about E3.
    Nintendo needs to prove why the 3DS matters, but even if they don't -- Yo, New console.

If you mean the biggest topic or event, has to be Cafe.  If it looks great or terrible, that's what people will talk about.
    If you mean the biggest 'we have to prove something to everyone' thing, probably 3DS games.

Nintendo either way.

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eidderf

The question is a bit unclear, if you mean which one has to impress the most I'd probably say Cafe since that's an entirely new console, if it fails to impress then that could cause some big problems in the future but it could also easily steal the show, just have to wait and see. I don't think exclusives is too much of an issue for Xbox, as much as I want them to announce some new games I'm sure they could keep going with Gears, Halo, Kinect and Forza and still be alright, they wouldn't 'win' E3 with those announcements but it wouldn't matter ultimately. I don't really see why Sony needs to mention the hack at E3, they should probably just move on and show what they've got coming, they can't really say much else about it than they've already said.

So Nintendo.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By EVO

I don't see why Project Cafe, nor why "more hack talk" as you put it is an issue. The only issue is the 360's pathetic lineup this year. 

SynysterShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SynysterShadows

Yeah I worded it very wrong, sorry about that lol. I am asking which is the bigger issue.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By penguindust

I think it pretty much has to be Project Cafe since that will determine the future of Nintendo for the next 5 or 6 years.  Even if trust is never fully restored to Sony's PS network., it doesn't mean that they can't continue to have a viable presence in gaming for years to come, however if Nintendo's new system isn't received well, then they'll return to the position they had during the Gamecube days.  I think it's important for Project Cafe to impress and for Nintendo to exhibit lots of notable third-party franchises on the system.  As for Microsoft, I think they can get by on continuing the idea that XBL is the best place for online gaming for another year.  Honestly, I have very low expectations for Microsoft this year. 

captainanarchy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By captainanarchy

The biggest issue will be nintendo's new hardware.  Like stated several times before this will determine nintendo's future for the next cycle and how Microsoft and Sony will react to the new console if they even try to acknowledge its existence.  The one major thing with the whole concept is if the entire console is too little too late.  Another thing that may be once again the kiss of death to nintendo is the lack of third party support. 

The Sony fiasco will be addressed and probably joked about throughout much of E3 however their fanbase will still remain loyal even after this.  Microsoft has been really quiet this year about E3 thus far and is really flying under the radar.  If they do something big, it will be noticed, if nothing comes out of E3 from Microsoft it may go unnoticed.
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This E3 is going to be make or break for Nintendo. If the new console fizzles, it could seriously set them back. Microsoft is fine from a sales position, they're likely to burn another E3 on selling their awful Kinect. Sony is going to have to put on a great show to pull themselves out of the hole the PSN hack created.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EVO
    @PenguinDust said:
    I think it pretty much has to be Project Cafe since that will determine the future of Nintendo for the next 5 or 6 years.
    If I'm not mistaken, the Wii was widely panned when it was revealed, but look how that turned out.
    Stigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Stigs

Definitely Nintendo's new hardware. As others have said; their new console will be the start of the next wave of consoles. Will be very interesting to see what direction they go with it and how Microsoft and Sony will eventually react.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Bollard
    @EVO said:
    I don't see why Project Cafe, nor why "more hack talk" as you put it is an issue. The only issue is the 360's pathetic lineup this year. 
    Xbox lacking a lineup is more of an issue than PS3 losing all of its customers details and being down for more than a month? 

Aahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahaha. No seriously.
    Avatar image for detectivespecial
    DetectiveSpecial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DetectiveSpecial

I think either Microsoft or Sony is going to hastily say something about a new console. I would guess Sony, in the same way they showed the Move for the first time - obviously thrown together at the last minute when they found out Microsoft was showing Kinect.  
    Or perhaps Microsoft will tell us that there are not many exclusives for the 360 this year because...........new console!  

Or nothing will happen. I don't know. I'm not on trial here.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By EVO
    @Chavtheworld said:
    @EVO said:
    Xbox lacking a lineup is more of an issue than PS3 losing all of its customers details and being down for more than a month?  Aahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahaha. No seriously.
    Seriously. PSN was down for a month, 77 million accounts got compromised. Big fucking deal. It's back now and nothing ever came of the data breach. 

Meanwhile the 360 still has a pathetic lineup.
    Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    @Ahmad_Metallic: They also have some pretty big non-Kinect exclusive to show off and probably announce at the show. Gears 3 has to be there in some form, that Alan Wake spiritual successor, etc.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @MordeaniisChaos said:
    @Ahmad_Metallic: They also have some pretty big non-Kinect exclusive to show off and probably announce at the show. Gears 3 has to be there in some form, that Alan Wake spiritual successor, etc.
    Ok then i guess that puts Microsoft in the safe zone
    Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

I'd say the announcment of a new console. 
    Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By MordeaniisChaos
    @EVO said:
    Um... Pathetic lineup? Come again?
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Bollard
    @EVO said:
    @Chavtheworld said:
    @EVO said:
    Xbox lacking a lineup is more of an issue than PS3 losing all of its customers details and being down for more than a month?  Aahahahahahahhahahaahahahahahaha. No seriously.
    Seriously. PSN was down for a month, 77 million accounts got compromised. Big fucking deal. It's back now and nothing ever came of the data breach.  Meanwhile the 360 still has a pathetic lineup.
    You don't understand how PR works do you? It was such a bad screw up for Sony, aren't they still in court about this? Sony done bad, they need to make up.
    Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By Cathryn

IMO, Nintendo's new console is going to be the biggest news out of this E3.  Of course,  I think the other stuff will be important as well, but new hardware is generally what gets the most attention and hype.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Nintendo's hardware is bound to be pretty cool, I'd be surprised to see anything go wrong there. 
    Microsoft are going to have a bigger line up than we know, if nothing else, we know there's going to be a lot of Kinect announcements.  Maybe something from Rare and Lionhead.  People complain about their line up every year and after E3, it's always looking better. 

Sony will recover fine from the hacking business as well, I don't think they'll make a particularly big deal about it and instead focus on what they're doing to move forward.. unless of course they are hacked again during the event, in which case, I really don't know how they're going to handle it.

TepidShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By TepidShark

I think the bigger thing for Sony is the Vita. So of the three choices Project Cafe for sure.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.