And This Is E3

#251 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

@Undeadpool said:

I can't wait for an Apocalypse Now-style melt-down!

"I5...I can't believe I'm still on I5..."

I really hope we see footage of Jeff drunk in their E3 house, practicing fake karate and punching a mirror.

#252 Posted by zodstein (96 posts) -

I got my deep dish, mountain dew A.M. , and lube all set to go!!

#253 Posted by WolfmanJenkins (181 posts) -

Damn it, couldn't E3 wait just one week longer? I got finals during this week!

#254 Posted by blacklab (1539 posts) -

I've been looking at that 'E3 Day One Podcast' for a looooong time.

#255 Posted by nERVEcenter (171 posts) -

@SUPER_5ONIC: Just FYI, nowhere NEAR everyone in Asia watches anime. Scratch that: Nowhere NEAR everyone in Japan watches anime.

And don't tell me I've never been to Japan, because you'd be dead wrong.

#256 Posted by sarahsdad (1087 posts) -

E3 is still a threat.

#257 Posted by Paradigmer (258 posts) -

Everyone is saying this is going to be a boring E3, but I'm still really excited.

#258 Posted by Rodin (167 posts) -

not that i like it but, i want a return of the pokerface from 2010, that was very... amusing watching the chat explode on the repeat.

#259 Posted by Xbox420 (125 posts) -

For the love of God please retire "and that was E3!". So tired of this shit.

#260 Posted by JamesERutledge (7 posts) -

Will the car content be available to watch outside the live moment? I work off hours and cannot watch it.

#261 Posted by mrtwig123 (2 posts) -

ooh, giddiness!

#262 Posted by NorseDudeTR (422 posts) -

Promise to scream if Leigh appears on the podcast. I have done so before.

#263 Posted by Awcko (52 posts) -

Today is the day, ladies and gentlemen. All aboard the hype train.

#264 Posted by jamesisaacs (220 posts) -

Gonna stock up on some take-away before this kick-starts.

#265 Posted by Nicky92 (76 posts) -

I'm thinking that maybe the Sony press conference will hint at that PS4.

#266 Posted by sonicrift (295 posts) -

Good luck!

#267 Posted by Brodehouse (9773 posts) -

So this is E3
And what have you done
One press conference ending
And a new one has begun

Have a very merry E3
And a happy PAX Prime
Let's hope it's a good one
With no James Cameron

#268 Posted by JayCee (579 posts) -

<>

#269 Posted by Jackel2072 (2248 posts) -

I am shocked! I woke up this morning expecting to see a bunch of leaks (like years past) and their is nothing. Bravo twitter a few hours left and E3 is still kind of a mystery.

#270 Edited by algertman (852 posts) -

@Jackel2072 said:

I am shocked! I woke up this morning expecting to see a bunch of leaks (like years past) and their is nothing. Bravo twitter a few hours left and E3 is still kind of a mystery.

A chunk of GB crew is at E3. Also, it's GB, the site is borderline dead 4 days a week.

#271 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@algertman said:

@Jackel2072 said:

A chunk of GB crew is at E3. Also, it's GB, the site is borderline dead 4 days a week.

It pains me to say that the second part of your sentence is too true.

#272 Edited by Fire_Of_The_Wind (170 posts) -
#273 Posted by EternalGamer2 (115 posts) -

I just want a schedule with some links. This is pretty terrible "guide."

#274 Posted by EternalGamer2 (115 posts) -

@algertman: There have been a ton of leaks and new info: The Wii U controller update and the system's social functionality, the info on Sound Shapes being PS3 and Vita cross compatible, the teaser leak about Alan Wake 2, etc. GB just isn't on the ball it seems.

#275 Posted by TekZero (2671 posts) -

I've been playing games since I was 5 (1984) and I don't find the E3 press conferences funny in any way. I just don't understand what a lot of people see in them. To me, they are only good for stirring up hype for a new game that I never knew about.

#276 Posted by Brodehouse (9773 posts) -
@TekZero Yeah that's the point. People don't watch because it's 'funny'.

Riiiidge Racer though, is fucking hysterical.
#277 Posted by Kyle (2323 posts) -

@TekZero said:

I've been playing games since I was 5 (1984) and I don't find the E3 press conferences funny in any way. I just don't understand what a lot of people see in them. To me, they are only good for stirring up hype for a new game that I never knew about.

So the only value you see in E3 press conferences is their express purpose? Well they must be doing something right, then.

#278 Edited by EternalGamer2 (115 posts) -

Am I wrong that the GB crew had videos before and after every press conference last year? I distinctly remember them metting outside before the conferences and talking about what they expect and then meeting afterward.

What the heck is going on with the major slacking? But hey, at least I can rest assured that they spent hours last week in front of green screens pantomiming for "bits." Dudes, I all I want is you guys to stand in front of a camera often, maybe talk over some game footage from time to time, and podcast, all in a timely fashion. Spend less time playing with fucking toys. Take for of you and get in front of a camera an start talking about goddamn E3.

#279 Posted by TekZero (2671 posts) -

I also think I'm regressing in my old age. Instead of being hyped for the latest new graphical achievements and gameplay, I am scouring Gog.com to play some of the classics that I missed all those years ago. I think I may have more fun with Kings Quest 4 than I will with some of the new releases.

#280 Posted by CharAznable (778 posts) -

775 million something-or-others.

#281 Posted by admanb (225 posts) -
@EternalGamer2 said:

Am I wrong that the GB crew had videos before and after every press conference last year? I distinctly remember them metting outside before the conferences and talking about what they expect and then meeting afterward.

What the heck is going on with the major slacking? But hey, at least I can rest assured that they spent hours last week in front of green screens pantomiming for "bits." Dudes, I all I want is you guys to stand in front of a camera often, maybe talk over some game footage from time to time, and podcast, all in a timely fashion. Spend less time playing with fucking toys. Take for of you and get in front of a camera an start talking about goddamn E3.

Yeah... that didn't happen. There were a few post-press conference wrap up videos, but it was nowhere near before and after every press conference.
#282 Posted by JCrichton (55 posts) -

e3 in 10 minutes...

#283 Posted by EternalGamer2 (115 posts) -

@Kyle: I think you are wrong. Maybe it wasn't every press conference but I distinctly remember the guys meeting before and after some of of the major conferences like the Nintendo. They would be talking about how the conference just let out and they and their thoughts and how they are now getting ready to go play games.

But regardless, at least I got to watch them lick a screwdriver (litterally) for an hour and half last week as "premium" content and then Vinny promised to spend "at least an entire day if things go well" editing it. That sure was a better use of their time then, I don't know, recording some quick looks on games (old or new).

#284 Posted by Smokey_Earhole (473 posts) -

So...maybe we could get some feed links up? It's starting in about 2 minutes...

#285 Posted by hardrockin006 (14 posts) -

I can't wait to hear the news from E3, specifically to see if the WiiU will have the software to make me try and get it at launch.

#286 Posted by Daniel (1523 posts) -

Good luck duders!

#287 Posted by TekZero (2671 posts) -

Pretty boring and mediocre MS press conference.

#288 Posted by i8246i (119 posts) -

@TekZero said:

Pretty boring and mediocre MS press conference.

Boring is....such a soft and safe word.

I don't know what the worst part of that show was: people clapping at "innovations" brought out 10 years ago, Usher's half-hearted and out of tune performance, or the moron who introduced Xbox Music.

All I do know is that I'm sorry all of those press people had to sit through all of that to get "news" for their sites. Everything that happened in that show could have been released by Microsoft through maybe 3 emails...

Text only emails.

#289 Posted by Bigheart711 (1253 posts) -

Let the fun begin! <3

#290 Edited by Kyle (2323 posts) -

@EternalGamer2 said:

@Kyle: I think you are wrong. Maybe it wasn't every press conference but I distinctly remember the guys meeting before and after some of of the major conferences like the Nintendo. They would be talking about how the conference just let out and they and their thoughts and how they are now getting ready to go play games.

But regardless, at least I got to watch them lick a screwdriver (litterally) for an hour and half last week as "premium" content and then Vinny promised to spend "at least an entire day if things go well" editing it. That sure was a better use of their time then, I don't know, recording some quick looks on games (old or new).

Absolutely no clue what you're talking about or how it has anything to do with what I said.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.