Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Electronic Arts

Company »

EA is one of the largest publisher/developers in the video game industry.

Is EA starting to deliver?

Manks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Manks

It's known that for the past few years EA has had a bad reputation for the quality of their games (generally speaking).  In my opinion, I believe that sports franchises have been rushed and so on, along with some other series.  But now doesn't it seem like they are delivering quality titles?  Whether it be just published or actually developed within the company. 

In the future, IMO, we have great looking games like Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Rock Band 2, and Skate 2 coming from EA.  And so far we've had high rated games like Battlefield: Bad Company from them (I didn't personally like it). 

So does anyone else think that EA is putting more time and quality into their games; more than ever before?

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Shocker

They have a couple of good looking games coming out. But I think Madden will still suck though...

Dooops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dooops

I was actually thinking about this the other day. It seems that EA might have been listening to the uproar of angry gamers the past couple of years. It seems that they are trying to stop being the evil developing titan that just grabs any IP and kills it with mass producing games wether they are good or not.  Only time will tell I guess :)

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Systech

They seem to be getting it together and it's proof with those kind of games that they are publishing. Mercs 2 looks awesome also.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Cube

I like EA. Skate, BF, Burnout, NHL.

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By tomance

I think they are.  The quality of games seem to be going up and new IP's are looking good like Mirror's Edge and Dead Space.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pause422

Yeah I do, but only because of Dead Space...every other game you named (besides Skate2) is only published by EA by good developers....they aren't just "EA games", all they're doing is publishing them.

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By xruntime

Maybe...their sports franchises haven't shown any real gems in the past few years. Red Alert 3 looks good, but I hear it's not that great.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By xplodedd

They always delivered with titles like Burnout. But yeah, it seems more good games are starting to come.
    pause422 said:

"Yeah I do, but only because of Dead Space...every other game you named (besides Skate2) is only published by EA by good developers....they aren't just "EA games", all they're doing is publishing them."

yeah, but rumor has it that EA were pressuring their developers, and now that they aren't doing that they are starting to release better titles.
    OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10  Edited By OGCartman

Well, they have Burnout and Madden so i love em lol
    Ur right, they do have some pretty kickass games coming out, Il be sure to pick up Mirrors Edge and Dead Space

LuffyUzumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LuffyUzumaki

MERCENARIES 2 is there best game ever

GeoffPeterson1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By GeoffPeterson1

Little did they know the horror that was to come.......................................

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By devilzrule27

Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, Hot Pursuit, SSX, Syndicate, Dead Space 2, Alice, finally making a new Sim City, ect... yeah oh the horror!!!!!

drGiggless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By drGiggless

"Is EA starting to deliver?"

No. In the late 90's and through the mid 00's if a game had an EA badge on the cover, you knew it was going to be good. Now the exact opposite is true. I actively avoid any games made by EA because I know it will be a steaming pile of generic dog shit. They've ripped me off for the last time.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#15  Edited By Svenzon

They've delivered for quite a while as far as I'm concerned. Don't know about the sports games though, since I don't play those.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By demonbear

How the hell did we get into this hardware generation with EA being cool and Activision being the all-father of all that is evil in this world, to get to the end of this generation, and now EA can't catch a break. I just don't get it. Meanwhile, Bobby Kotick has been a spectacular prick for the last 6-7 years?

I don't get you guys...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duuuuuuuuude, this is old.

drGiggless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By drGiggless

@demonbear said:

How the hell did we get into this hardware generation with EA being cool and Activision being the all-father of all that is evil in this world, to get to the end of this generation, and now EA can't catch a break. I just don't get it. Meanwhile, Bobby Kotick has been a spectacular prick for the last 6-7 years?

I don't get you guys...

because ea makes terrible games. Instead of just trying to make the best game possible, they instead try to make them appeal to as many people as possible. As a result, all their games are empty generic crap.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#19  Edited By demonbear

@drGiggless said:

@demonbear said:

I don't get you guys...

because ea makes terrible games. Instead of just trying to make the best game possible, they instead try to make them appeal to as many people as possible. As a result, all their games are empty generic crap.

Oh and Activision shits gold bricks? Come on!

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By korwin

@drGiggless said:

No. In the late 90's and through the mid 00's if a game had an EA badge on the cover, you knew it was going to be good. Now the exact opposite is true. I actively avoid any games made by EA because I know it will be a steaming pile of generic dog shit. They've ripped me off for the last time.

Would you like a gamestop exclusive pre-order bonus (it's a mission we cut from the game in production) with that post? Don't forget to sign up for our facebook game to unlock game breaking over powered items on launch day, and tweet @EA(oranyotherfuckingmajorpublisher)game to get a free unlock code for another 3 maps included on the disk (game ships with 4 maps).

Watch 2 and a Half Men this friday to view the first half of our launch trailer then follow it up online with our exclusive in depth coverage parter IGN!

drGiggless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By drGiggless

@Korwin said:

@drGiggless said:

Would you like a gamestop exclusive pre-order bonus (it's a mission we cut from the game in production) with that post? Don't forget to sign up for our facebook game to unlock game breaking over powered items on launch day, and tweet @EA(oranyotherfuckingmajorpublisher)game to get a free unlock code for another 3 maps included on the disk (game ships with 4 maps).

Watch 2 and a Half Men this friday to view the first half of our launch trailer then follow it up online with our exclusive in depth coverage parter IGN!

yea other than the shitty game, this too.

drGiggless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By drGiggless

@demonbear said:

@drGiggless said:

@demonbear said:

I don't get you guys...

I never said I liked Activision. I'm indifferent towards them.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MideonNViscera

@demonbear said:

@drGiggless said:

@demonbear said:

I don't get you guys...

What the fuck does Activision have to do with this discussion? This is a 3 year old thread about EA. Stop randomly bringing up Activision.

Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Sander
    lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By lavaman77

EA sucks. They just have good developers.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EXTomar

EA got their asses kicked during the Dead Space/Mirror's Edge/Dragon Age: Origins phase. When they abandoned that they started making a ton of money again. It is more a reflection of the market than EA that when people say they want different styles and more engaging games they don't buy them and are forced back shoveling out "bro games".

EA isn't starting to deliver where instead they are bailing out because the marketing isn't there and the board won't stand for it.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27  Edited By JasonR86

They had been delivering and didn't need to start. People just like to hate things and right now that hate is directed at EA. Give it time, it will shift back to Activision soon enough.

Edit: Oh, this is an old thread. Why the fuck did someone post in here and then get me all confused and shit?

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Azteck

EA delivering? Don't make me laugh

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NTM

Dead Space... DEAD SPAAAACE! I don't know, I think EA (other than their sports games) puts out some decent games.

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Arker101

Well, when I think of EA, I think of how fantastic Origin is, how Dice won't allowing mods for BF3 because DLC makes money, and ruining the Bioware name.

The only thing they've delivered is extremely low expectations for the future of the industry.

benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#31  Edited By benjaebe

Still don't completely understand the hate for EA. They've put out some really good games that I genuinely enjoy. Origin works fine for me, last year was a pretty great year with Alice: Madness Returns, Shadows of the Damned, Bullestorm and BF3. Yeah, Dragon Age II could've been better and the ending to Mass Effect 3 was kind of poor, but Bioware is addressing both of those things.

People overreact way too much I think.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hockeymask27

The problem isn't the games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.