altered_confusion's Forever Blue (Wii) review

Endless Ocean Review

Endless Ocean is a game in which you will be scuba diving, identifying fish, and documenting underground areas. You will be utilizing the Wii-mote to swim, pet fish, feed fish, get assignments, etc. This game in my opinion really isn't a game, it is more of an aquatic simulation which is coupled with soothing melodies.

The graphics are exactly what you'd expect for the Wii, well maybe in some areas a little less than you'd expect. There is going to be a variety of underwater creatures, structures, and vegetation. There are going to be times where its going to look a bit rough around the edges, and it really shows when you have it on a HD TV.

The controls are really simple, its like a point and click adventure. There are sensitivity issues that will come into play from time to time when you are trying to be precise in where you're pointing on the screen, and you're going to end up overshooting the area. The interaction buttons will take some time too as you're going to have to couple them with the movement of the Wii-mote which gets harder as the more frustrated you get.

Overall there isn't really gameplay, there is but there isn't. You search and rediscover the ocean documenting sea life, you'll get a "quest" from time to time that will tell you that you need to discover this sea creature, or you need to explore this area, but from what I've seen you really don't have to follow anything once you're really in the game. You can practically just scuba dive until you grow bored of the game. I recommend this game to those who are looking for an interactive screensaver with soothing music, for the rest I say you really don't need to trouble yourself with this one. 4.9 out of 10.