Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

EVE: Who can you trust?

AnnonOMous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By AnnonOMous

Recently, playing EVE, I've had a lot of trust issues.

Not about the people I trust but about the people who trust me.  I like to help other people, and if there's something I can't profit from, I'll gladly pass it on to someone who's willing to give it ago.  Recently, I've been doing more and more exploration.  I've always done this as something to do that's different, but now I'm doing it almost everyday, it's nearly my main activity.

So when I find something that's really worth the time and effort, I call in my relevant contacts who are online, and well...  It goes something like this:

1: Meet up
    2: ???
    3: Profit.

No joke.  That's really how it works.

But now, lets say my girlfriend (who I might note, also plays EVE - Yup that's right, GIRLS PLAY EVE!!!) is coming over to mine one night.  Sometimes she's really pissed off with something and I've got to give her my full attention or else the something becomes me.  But I've just found the gold gem of a site in exploration.  What do I do?

Well, EVE is a game, so I give up on it, but even so, there's a chance I can profit from it.  How?  I just go to the local system channel and say "Hey, anyone want such-and-such.  Seriously, giving it away here."

The response?  "Scammer", "n00b", "think we're gonna fall for that?"

The thing is, I'm even willing to hand over location details in such a way that there's no danger (or as low as I can make it, there's always danger in eve) to either player.  But still no one wants to take a chance.  It really hurts me that nobody gives you a chance in EVE.  The few contacts I have are brilliant people, that took that chance on me and who made money thanks to me.  But now I've moved to new pastures, none of my contacts are around.  And everyone is sceptical of a guy offering stuff to good to be true.

So I'm gonna say it here and now.  If I make you an offer in EVE, you can bet your EVE life it's worth it.  I want to be a trusted person, like Chribba.  But someone need to take that first gamble.

Look me up in-game, AnnonOMous, member of Knights Industrial.

AnnonOMous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AnnonOMous

Recently, playing EVE, I've had a lot of trust issues.

Not about the people I trust but about the people who trust me.  I like to help other people, and if there's something I can't profit from, I'll gladly pass it on to someone who's willing to give it ago.  Recently, I've been doing more and more exploration.  I've always done this as something to do that's different, but now I'm doing it almost everyday, it's nearly my main activity.

So when I find something that's really worth the time and effort, I call in my relevant contacts who are online, and well...  It goes something like this:

1: Meet up
    2: ???
    3: Profit.

No joke.  That's really how it works.

But now, lets say my girlfriend (who I might note, also plays EVE - Yup that's right, GIRLS PLAY EVE!!!) is coming over to mine one night.  Sometimes she's really pissed off with something and I've got to give her my full attention or else the something becomes me.  But I've just found the gold gem of a site in exploration.  What do I do?

Well, EVE is a game, so I give up on it, but even so, there's a chance I can profit from it.  How?  I just go to the local system channel and say "Hey, anyone want such-and-such.  Seriously, giving it away here."

The response?  "Scammer", "n00b", "think we're gonna fall for that?"

The thing is, I'm even willing to hand over location details in such a way that there's no danger (or as low as I can make it, there's always danger in eve) to either player.  But still no one wants to take a chance.  It really hurts me that nobody gives you a chance in EVE.  The few contacts I have are brilliant people, that took that chance on me and who made money thanks to me.  But now I've moved to new pastures, none of my contacts are around.  And everyone is sceptical of a guy offering stuff to good to be true.

So I'm gonna say it here and now.  If I make you an offer in EVE, you can bet your EVE life it's worth it.  I want to be a trusted person, like Chribba.  But someone need to take that first gamble.

Look me up in-game, AnnonOMous, member of Knights Industrial.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By dtat

I started playing Eve a few weeks ago, and I can understand where you're coming from. It seems like people aren't quick to trust in Eve. But can you blame them? People have the power to be real jerks sometimes. Maybe I'll look you up as soon as they finish today's patch and the server's back up. Name's David Cooper in game. Member of the Cronus Miners.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.