Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

Glitches that ruined my game.

ShiroMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShiroMe

1. My gloves are permanently red. Dyes will not work on them.
    2. The furniture shop in Bowerstone will not get any furniture.
    3. A Demon Door is stuck on a sound loop even through I have what he needs to open.
    4. A house is stuck as a marital house even though that wife died long ago. All it says is Set Budget, but it returns to zero after I change it.
    5. I was able to get the Son of Chesty trophy twice.
    6. Sometimes it is just nearly impossible to click on a piece of furniture. The button icon will disappear whenever it feels like it, if it decides to show up at all.
    7. My dog will start looking for treasure but then forget what he was doing and just stop.
    8. Targeting with the gun sometimes will not go to first person view, and the zoom in feature takes so long it is useless.
    9. The online orb feature only worked once for about five minutes after having it turned on for many hours.

ENDING SPOILERS!!!

10. After saving my family at the end. It told me to return to my family, but my wife is nowhere to be found so I can not complete that quest. When I set the breadcrumb trail target as my wife, nothing shows up. My wife does not exist, but my daughter is just fine and still talks about how her mother is so happy.

If glitches like these weren't bad enough. The map system is garbage. I feel like the world is just chunks of floating platforms. There is no cohesiveness to the different areas. Fable 1 was much better about this.
         I don't like the spell system. It takes too long to unleash a decent spell, and there are too many spells that are basically the same.
         The menu system takes forever to find and select anything. It is just poorly laid out.

I have played for at least 35 hours on my character and after all of this I still really liked the game. When my crib turned into a sweat little girl, I fell in love with her and my wife, even though she was undead. It is just sad that Liohead and Microsoft obviously pushed this out the door in an unfinished state. Jeers to you.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
    rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By rollingzeppelin

Man, I just encountered my first major glitch.

SPOILERS
    I just finished the spire quest and so exicted to go home and meet my now 9 year-old daughter and when I get there my wife has completely vanished and my child wont respond to a thing I do.

I was so mad I went on a massive killing spree and my character went from 100% good to 100% evil.
    I don't know whether to keep playing or to wait until the patch comes in mid-december. Kinda bummed out about this. 

ColinD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ColinD

My wife disappeared after my service in the spire too, but I heard she might come back after making my way to Bloodstone. I didn't find her there. Thinking all was lost I returned to Bowerstone to lay siege to the city in revenge, but there was my wife waiting with a present. Everything appears to be normal now, but it's a pretty buggy game. I'm surprised the reviews don't mention any of the possibly game-ending glitches. 

It would be nice to see a patch that addresses all of these issues. With the long development cycle this game had these bugs are pretty inexcusable. Maybe Pete should get a new team.
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By suneku

I've had some glitches but luckily it didn't ruin the game for me. Your #2 glitch is widely known, you can fix this buy lowering the economy in bowerstone or just go to bloodstone. I don't think there's much difference.

mastergiani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mastergiani

I think the ending is so garbage it should be considered a glitch.  They make this awesome game and just ruined the whole experience with that lame ending.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By alexl86

Yeah, I've encountered most of those glitches, I'll even add one to the list.

Appearently I found 7 out of 6 silver keys in Wraithmarsh, so I have 51 silver keys now.

As for the dog, he seem to notice treasures that are near you, not him. So if you see a treasure or dig spot sign above his head, just stand still and don't move towards him.

drok17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By drok17

I get glitches when I do quests sometimes. Like right now I'm on a Bounty Hunter job and it says I have to kill 117 beetles...

diz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By diz

And every time I turn the game on, the voice goes "and now the story begins".

No it doesn't, it continues after the first time you play.

tsk.
    JVMark2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JVMark2

My wife was in Bowerstone after the Spire quest............

austinj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By austinj

I too am missing my wife after the Spire quest. Kinda pissed...

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By DoctorTran

I would have been relieved if she left... I mean.. 10+ years in the Spire... I'd damn well expect her to have thrown the ring away and taken my buggy house. To my dismay she was still there... so I did it with her.

kajankua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kajankua

its coz of stuff like this i wish the game had multiple save slots, the constant (seemingly random) autosaving can be a total assraping

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Will1Lucky

Never encountered any of those glitches, I can even say I haven't yet encountered a Glitch. Best game of 2008 so far for me.

Avatar image for pirate_republic
    pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By pirate_republic

I've beaten this game no less then 6 times. Six. And not once have I encountered the slightest glitch or error whatsoever. The furniture store always sells furniture, my gloves aren't stuck in red. Although I can do the Chesty quest unlimited times, I'm pretty that's not a glitch, it's a bed that gives you nightmares. Not a bed that gives you one nightmare then disappears.

krazedkaoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By krazedkaoz

i still cant play the damn game. press start freeze, pick up warents it does the same. if i press a sometimes it freezes. never get passed childhood of the game,

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.