Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fairy Bloom Freesia

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 13, 2011

A Japanese combo-heavy doujin brawler, originally released in 2011 at Comiket 80. It was published in the west October 17th 2012 by Capcom.

This game is surprisingly good!

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#1  Edited By D_W

I picked up this game off steam during the autumn sale because it was like 4 bucks and sounded remotely interesting. Basically it's a 2.5D Spectacle Fighter similar to Bayonetta or Devil May Cry. Each level consists of a single room where enemies spawn in and you got to defeat them. The controls feel great! Button Mashing doesn't really work and they require some finesse. There's some light RPG and character building elements as well. You can gain experience from defeating enemies and can spend that experience on buying new skills (basic, special, or passive.) New skills unlock for purchase as you level up. You have a limited amount of slots that you can equip special and passive skills. 4 and 2 respectfully. This limit leads you to have to make some pretty tricky choices when it comes to skills. Do you favor mobility, raw strength, projectiles? Though I don't see why anyone wouldn't have regenerating health or a better guard meter equipped.

Honestly I was blown away how much fun the basic gameplay was. Once you get in the zone and are bashing through tons of enemies with 100+ hit combos it feels so satisfying. Of course, there are occasional issues. The 2.5D nature of the game can sometime lead to foreground stuff blocking your view of enemy attacks. Sometimes you can get stuck in a "blender" where there's nothing you can do but die because of all the enemy attacks and junk on the screen. (though you're EXP is carried over from deaths, so at least you're always progressing.) Some of the bosses can be pretty easily defeated through "cheap" tactics such as guarding and dodging (you have an invincible dodge move) then just spamming homing projectiles. AND the story is pretty much just anime nonsense. Fortunately there isn't much of it and it's all done through text.

This game has found a spot on my game of the year list and I highly suggest it to anyone who want some good fun beat'em up action. Also I'm surprised by how much this topic sounds like a review, but whatever. Check it out!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.