Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

800 points and 5.5 hours wasted

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Edited By spazmaster666

So I stayed up late last night to download The Pitt, the new DLC for Fallout 3 and was disappointed to discover that it would be delayed for two hours. Well no big deal I thought, just meant I had time to watch the latest episode of Heroes that I recorded. So at 4:05am I go to download it and after playing it for an hour or so, I start to see some texture corruption. So thinking it may just be a temporary glitch, I decide to reboot the game. Well the game just refused to load (freezes while it's still loading the save file). So I went back to an earlier save and again it freezes just as I'm about to enter the "Downtown" area. Getting a little frustrated I went online and saw to my dismay that pretty much everyone was having this problem. During this time, MS had also apparently reuploaded the DLC file (and had also apparently caused a glitch for some that messed up their download licenses, i.e. telling them to pay another 800 points for the DLC). So I clear my cache, download the latest patch again and redownload the DLC, hoping it was just a corrupted upload. Well the same thing happens--it still freezes at the same damn point, even when I go back and play the whole thing all over again.

After Operation Anchorage came out without so much as a hitch, I had expected another flawless release from Bethesda. Which is why this glitched/incomplete DLC is all the more surprising. Now I realize that not many people actually stay up until 2am in the morning just so they can download a DLC for a game (especially when they have a term paper due in three days) but is it really too much to ask for a product to at least be playable after its release, especially when you have to pay for it?

Well at least Bethesda is working on it and in some sense it's probably not their fault. But still, whoever is to blame for this, it still sucks that something like this occurred. In any case, I'm exhausted so I'll probably be off to bed now. Maybe when it gets patched later on in the day I may get a chance to actually play a substantial portion of it.

But hey, at least I got the first achievement.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By spazmaster666

So I stayed up late last night to download The Pitt, the new DLC for Fallout 3 and was disappointed to discover that it would be delayed for two hours. Well no big deal I thought, just meant I had time to watch the latest episode of Heroes that I recorded. So at 4:05am I go to download it and after playing it for an hour or so, I start to see some texture corruption. So thinking it may just be a temporary glitch, I decide to reboot the game. Well the game just refused to load (freezes while it's still loading the save file). So I went back to an earlier save and again it freezes just as I'm about to enter the "Downtown" area. Getting a little frustrated I went online and saw to my dismay that pretty much everyone was having this problem. During this time, MS had also apparently reuploaded the DLC file (and had also apparently caused a glitch for some that messed up their download licenses, i.e. telling them to pay another 800 points for the DLC). So I clear my cache, download the latest patch again and redownload the DLC, hoping it was just a corrupted upload. Well the same thing happens--it still freezes at the same damn point, even when I go back and play the whole thing all over again.

After Operation Anchorage came out without so much as a hitch, I had expected another flawless release from Bethesda. Which is why this glitched/incomplete DLC is all the more surprising. Now I realize that not many people actually stay up until 2am in the morning just so they can download a DLC for a game (especially when they have a term paper due in three days) but is it really too much to ask for a product to at least be playable after its release, especially when you have to pay for it?

Well at least Bethesda is working on it and in some sense it's probably not their fault. But still, whoever is to blame for this, it still sucks that something like this occurred. In any case, I'm exhausted so I'll probably be off to bed now. Maybe when it gets patched later on in the day I may get a chance to actually play a substantial portion of it.

But hey, at least I got the first achievement.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Sorry to hear that, dude. Hopefully they'll get it all taken care of quickly. I can't wait to get this DLC myself.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By End_Boss

Man, I didn't even hear about the Pitt until this controversy. They sure are rapid firing the DLC for that game, aren't they?

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By RedSox8933
    End_Boss said:
    "Man, I didn't even hear about the Pitt until this controversy. They sure are rapid firing the DLC for that game, aren't they?"
    Actually, they delayed both the Pitt and Broken Steel after O:A came out.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By RHCPfan24
    spazmaster666 said:
    But hey, at least I got the first achievement."
    And that's all the matters!!!!!!

Jk, sorry to hear that, dude. It sucks to buy something and find out it doesn't work, especially with such a high profile game like Fallout 3. I feel bad for those that bought it and didn't properly download the purchase license. Still, this may be a Fable II LE type of thing, in which Microsoft will set up a program to get it back and many people will abuse the system by lying. However, I doubt that will happen, honestly.
    Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Naughton

God is angry at you for watching Heroes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.