Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Achievement Junkies *Minor spoilers*

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Vinchenzo

There are a couple things in the game that you might miss, and I'm here to provide you with a few of those tidbits. Right off the bat I'd like to state you can get all the achievements in one run, it just requires some information explained below.

• Do not blow up Megaton, there is a quest tied to an achievement in the general store. This girl sends you out to do crazy things for her, name is Moira. She's making a book of course! (According to Jeff, if you accept the quest then intend to blow up Megaton, she can be found in the rubble and eventually move to Rivet City.)
    • Save before leveling to 8, 14, and 20 [respectively]. Right before you level, it's possible to slaughter an entire town to reach neutral/bad then finish leveling. Generally you should go through the game as Good, get near an achievement level, save manually, and you get the idea. I have not tried this, found it on a website, which is unfortunate because I just hit 8 moments before seeing this info. Let's be honest, Fallout 3 is a fun game but you don't want to play through it 3 separate times, especially at this point in the holidays.
    • Achievement guide (not by me) here.
    • All 20 bobblehead locations.

Hope my fellow achievement junkies enjoy these notices, as it will save you hours of despair.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Or you could play it twice and do opposite choices the second time...

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "Or you could play it twice and do opposite choices the second time..."
    Actually you'd have to play it thrice, since there are neutral, good, and bad karma achievements.
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jayge_
    Vinchenzo said:
    "TheGreatGuero said:
    "Or you could play it twice and do opposite choices the second time..."
    Actually you'd have to play it thrice, since there are neutral, good, and bad karma achievements."
    I have no problem with that XD
    jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By jeff

Smooth tips. I thought about saving the game before hitting the key levels and trying to tweak my karma. Actually, I do have some hard saves at various spots in the game, I might have one somewhere around level 13 I could use...

Anyway, to adjust your spoilery tip, if you talk to Moira and start that quest before taking out that town, she'll appear in the rubble next time you visit. You can talk to her for a bit and she'll eventually relocate to Rivet City. I didn't do things this way, but I'd guess that you could still complete her quest that way.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vinchenzo
    Jeff said:
    "Smooth tips. I thought about saving the game before hitting the key levels and trying to tweak my karma. Actually, I do have some hard saves at various spots in the game, I might have one somewhere around level 13 I could use...
    Anyway, to adjust your spoilery tip, if you talk to Moira and start that quest before taking out that town, she'll appear in the rubble next time you visit. You can talk to her for a bit and she'll eventually relocate to Rivet City. I didn't do things this way, but I'd guess that you could still complete her quest that way.
    "
    Didn't know that. She's way too optimistic, so I hate dealing with her anyway.
    Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vinchenzo

Jeff I see you have the Trouble on the Homefront achievement. Anybody know at what point in the story I can stand near Vault 101 to trigger the quest?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.