Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Fallout 3 finally S ranked, but mothership zeta pains me.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

Edited By WalkerTR77

I loved fallout 3, I played through it multiple times and explored every section of the map, buying each DLC day one. That was until mothership zeta, I knew I wouldn't like it and so I put it off. A few weeks ago that DLC was on sale and I finally gave in. It was an arduous journey as I had expected but now I can finally feel that I have experienced the complete unabridged fallout 3 experience. 
    But I can't help but feel that I've been left with a sour taste because of that final whimper of a DLC, an awkward afterword to my favorite game and a blemish on a tour de force of DLC which proved that DLC really can improve upon a game. Anyone else feel like this or did you like mothership zeta?

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By WalkerTR77

I loved fallout 3, I played through it multiple times and explored every section of the map, buying each DLC day one. That was until mothership zeta, I knew I wouldn't like it and so I put it off. A few weeks ago that DLC was on sale and I finally gave in. It was an arduous journey as I had expected but now I can finally feel that I have experienced the complete unabridged fallout 3 experience. 
    But I can't help but feel that I've been left with a sour taste because of that final whimper of a DLC, an awkward afterword to my favorite game and a blemish on a tour de force of DLC which proved that DLC really can improve upon a game. Anyone else feel like this or did you like mothership zeta?

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @WalkerTR77 said:
    " I loved fallout 3, I played through it multiple times and explored every section of the map, buying each DLC day one. That was until mothership zeta, I knew I wouldn't like it and so I put it off. A few weeks ago that DLC was on sale and I finally gave in. It was an arduous journey as I had expected but now I can finally feel that I have experienced the complete unabridged fallout 3 experience.  But I can't help but feel that I've been left with a sour taste because of that final whimper of a DLC, an awkward afterword to my favorite game and a blemish on a tour de force of DLC which proved that DLC really can improve upon a game. Anyone else feel like this or did you like mothership zeta? "
    I liked it more then LP. However that is because of buggy issues.  

In truth of them all I liked BS most. Course thats cause of the new weapons. 
    WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WalkerTR77
    @The_Laughing_Man:  Is LP point lookout? If I'm honest point lookout was my favorite as it felt the most like a brand new fallout experience to me.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @WalkerTR77 said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man:  Is LP point lookout? If I'm honest point lookout was my favorite as it felt the most like a brand new fallout experience to me. "
    Sadly on PS3 it crashed every 10 mins for me. So that ruined it for me (Beth never released a fix wile I had it)  

If it had worked chances are it would be my fav...I DO have it for PC..maybe Ill give it a second chance...
    WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By WalkerTR77
    @The_Laughing_Man:  I have it on 360, but apparently the game itself and especially DLC can be pretty dodgy on ps3 so if you can take a crack at it on pc then I highly recommend it.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

Still haven't gotten round to trying out FO3 longer than like an hour. I did buy it, full price too. But I quickly was torn down from my hype after encountering so many bugs, including some weird quest glitchs. =/ Admittedly though I hadn't played any bethesda RPG's before then. It's after around 200 hours in Oblivion that I feel I could easily stomach the wors FO3 has to offer =P. 

I'll definitely get me the GOTY edition someday. Oh and congratz on the S rank!

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Abyssfull said:
    " Still haven't gotten round to trying out FO3 longer than like an hour. I did buy it, full price too. But I quickly was torn down from my hype after encountering so many bugs, including some weird quest glitchs. =/ Admittedly though I hadn't played any bethesda RPG's before then. It's after around 200 hours in Oblivion that I feel I could easily stomach the wors FO3 has to offer =P.  I'll definitely get me the GOTY edition someday. Oh and congratz on the S rank! "
    Which system? Cause if its PC there are many fan made patches and official patches *Fan made often fix stuff official miss* 
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Yummylee
    @The_Laughing_Man:  
    Ps3. 
    My computer can only just run games from around 2003...
    AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By AlwaysAngry
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man:  Ps3. My computer can only just run games from around 2003... "
    My computer couldn't run the original Halo.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Abyssfull said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man:  Ps3. My computer can only just run games from around 2003... "
    PS3 is the crap version. Beth screwed over the PS3 owners. Most of the DLC crashes. And PL had me crashing every 10 mins. 
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Yummylee
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Abyssfull said:
    PS3 is the crap version. Beth screwed over the PS3 owners. Most of the DLC crashes. And PL had me crashing every 10 mins.  "
    How fairs the 360 version? Since it's strictly single player, it's the ideal game for my SILVER membership. Plus it would finally give me a reason to actually hook it up, again.
    zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By zyn

I enjoyed Mothership Zeta.

The only DLC that I hated was The Pitt.  Those damn Trogs and the Steel collecting.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WalkerTR77
    @Abyssfull:  360 version is pretty decent, it did crash twice over maybe 16- 18 hours of playtime so save often. Though that goes for all of fallout 3 anyway.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14  Edited By The_A_Drain

I fucking hated Mothership Zeta :( only DLC I didn't finish. Unfortunately i'm still missing hack 50 terminals in the main game as well, and the bobbleheads because I fucked up and missed the ones you can't go back to. 

My favourite DLC would have to be The Pitt, even though you have to trudge back to the steelworks every time you want to use it, it still gave a meaningful reward. Now I finally have Magnum bullets all the time :D  I traipse in there with like 100,000 5mm rounds and convert them all to magnum rounds and shotgun shells.

I'll have to play it again from scratch sometime. 

Also, was it me or was Mothership Zeta fucking difficult? O_o

nicolenomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By nicolenomicon
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @WalkerTR77 said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man:  Is LP point lookout? If I'm honest point lookout was my favorite as it felt the most like a brand new fallout experience to me. "
    Sadly on PS3 it crashed every 10 mins for me. So that ruined it for me (Beth never released a fix wile I had it)   If it had worked chances are it would be my fav...I DO have it for PC..maybe Ill give it a second chance... "

Bethesda, makers of the finest RPG's you may never get to play...
    L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By L33tfella_H

I know exactly what you mean, i thought Fallout 3 was a pretty great experience altogether, and the DLC wasn't all great, but it was still servicable enough...until i played Mothership Zeta. I hated myself and the game so much while playing Mothership Zeta, but i finally finished it, and came to the realization that it really is an absolutely horrible corridor-crawl DLC, much more so than something like Anchorage.

get through Mothership Zeta, and revel in the fact that you never have to play it again hopefully.

skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By skrutop

If it weren't for it taking place in Pittsburgh, where I was born, I wouldn't have liked the Pitt at all.  I thought that it was pretty weak.  My favorite DLC was Broken Steel.  I thought that the others were merely ok.  I borrowed the GOTY disc from my friend and blew through the DLC for the achievements.  I don't feel like I missed much by not exploring.

TorgoGrooves89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TorgoGrooves89

I agree, Zeta was the worst. Going through that with a guide to get all the collectibles was both boring and more boring. Bad end to the DLC.
    Keavy_Rain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Keavy_Rain
    @The_A_Drain: As a person who plays a stealth character, I found Mothership Zeta incredibly difficult. My headshots rarely killed anyone, thus negating my AP perks loadout. In addition, there weren't many opportunities to lay traps and lure baddies in, thus my landmine supply was worthless.

After finding stealth heaven with Operation Anchorage, experiencing a great moral choice in The Pitt (After they fixed it), loving the hell out of Broken Steel, and spending a good month  exploring Point Lookout, Mothership Zeta was endlessly frustrating and annoying, with the only worthwhile rewards coming in additional rounds for the Alien Blaster and the weapon repair  epoxy. Neither is worth the $10, though.
    kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By kishan6

i skipped mothership zeta for this exact reason

Verit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Verit

All of the DLCs were amazing except Mothership Zeta. It just leaves a bad taste in your mouth regarding FO3 as it is the final DLC. I wish it was like the 3rd or something, that way I could think of the DLCs like Broken Steel and PL as redemption for that piece of shit.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By c1337us

S ranking Fallout 3 must be a real effort. Congrats.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.