Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

Fallout 3 GotY questions.

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rodent

First off I checked out the "Similar Topics" list of threads and I didn't see this topic asked so if I missed it, I'm sorry. 

To my question(s). 

I'm coming up on the end of FO3 (GotY, 360 version, 105hrs in...) and I've got 3 missions to do.  

Picking up the Trail. 
    American Dream.  
    Take it Back. 
     (plus 2 misc. missions) 

I have yet to do any of the DLC packs/side missions: 

Operation:Anchorage 
    The Pitt 
    Broken Steel 
    Point Lookout 
    MotherShip Zeta 

Anyways I'm wondering, can I finish off the main game proper (Take it Back) and still tackle ALL the DLC stuff afterwards? 

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Rodent

Reason I'm asking is, I'd kinda like to finish off the main game (been playing this and only this since Oct16th 2009) before diving into the 5 dlc packs and I just don't wanna screw anything up. 

I read somewhere that you cannot do Broken Steel after you finish the game. True? 

Chirag4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Chirag4

You can continue playing after you finish the game and do all the DLC if the Broken Steel pack is loaded.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By CornontheCobbe

If i were you i would head on over and do the DLC's first. Just makes it more simpler i believe, plus you get some kick ass weapons that can help you out greatly. Because you cannot finish the rest of them if you don't have Broken Steel loaded as Chirag4 has mentioned.

Just as long as you finish Mother-ship Zeta, Point Lookout, The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage, you should be fine to continue on and complete "Take It Back" so you can play Broken Steel.

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rodent

Yeah with the GotY edition everything is loaded and ready to go as soon as you leave Vault 101. 

So I should do the DLC first and then finish the game proper?
    beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By beforet

Do whichever one you want. You get some sweet gear from the DLC, especially from Anchorage, but it really doesn't matter which order you do it in.

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Darkstar614

They all have some great rewards, my personal favorite is the rewards from Anchorage. But Broken Steel has it's share of new stuff to get as well.

Rodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rodent

Cool thanks everyone.  

I'm about to finish off the last of the misc. missions, then the last 2 main missions and then start up all the DLC. 

Can't wait.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.