Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

I Really Want To Get Into Fallout 3 But...

gunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By gunslinger

It's not that I don't like the game, it's just...
      I don't like the fact that if you don't go in the right direction to the quest, you will get your ass kicked by Raiders at a way higher level than you...
      For example, for the first part of one quest, I have to make my way to a city that's wayyy in the south-east... And all I can think of is all the time I'll be in danger of just being raided by a gang of Super Mutants, or something, and be completely overpowered, waste all my ammo on them, die, and have no way of getting past without grinding for ages....
      It's happened to me in Oblivion, that's why I never got into it.
      Has anyone else encountered this kinda thing in Fallout 3?

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Systech

Yes, I have been one to go without ammo, but you might want to lower the difficulty to Easy in the gameplay options menu. That could help you get raped less.

gunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gunslinger

.... You can change the difficulty?

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By DragoonKain1687

Maybe you are playing the game not in the right way. Have you increased your guns skills? Are you using guns you have low skill level? I know most take this for an FPS, and as soon as they found a Laser Gun they thought it would kick ass but it was theirs who got handed in a silver plate. Imo, Its much easier than Oblivion, mostly because of VATS

gunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gunslinger

I'm okay when it comes to VATS, and with the first-person mode, as well.

I've been putting a fair few points into the small guns skill tree, to make sure I'm effective with them. So that means I'm probably just not playing it right...
      Perhaps I'm relying too much on VATS...
      Right now, I've got a load of ammo from Hunting Rifles from battlin the Super Mutants whilst trying to get to Three Dog.
      I'm only a level 4 right now, though. It's just not letting me get through levels... (I might be level 3, I don't even know)

I'm gunna fire it up right now, to see if I can make it easier on me.

gunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gunslinger

So yeah I just it onto Very Easy.  Should make it a tad easier than Normal. To be honest, I want to have fun playing this game, more than anything. I'm not in it to be "1337 @ teh worldz of Out-Falling!"

Don't judge me!

Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
    deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I changed the difficulty to Easy. I am not playing it for the combat and i dont really want to get stuck on it that often.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By StaticFalconar

Well, if I where a person in post apocalyptic times that has lived most of my sheltered life, well in a shelter; I wouldn't expect to kick much Ass my first day out. I would say run, and run some more.

Hell, in Oblivion, I used to love pissing off the guards so they chase me and I would hit and run with arrows til they die in the middle of nowhere; then I loot thier armor and sell it off.

DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DragoonKain1687

I found your mistake, DONT EVER USE THE HUNTING RIFLE. its by far one of the worst guns in the game. Yes its cool, who doesnt like the rifle sound when firing and reloading, but its slow, and even with the skill high enough, it does not pass the 25 cap. I recommend using either the standard 10mm gun, or if you can, get yourself a Combat Shotgun, one of the best things (aside from exclusive guns) in the game.

gunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gunslinger
    DragoonKain1687 said:
    "I found your mistake, DONT EVER USE THE HUNTING RIFLE. its by far one of the worst guns in the game. Yes its cool, who doesnt like the rifle sound when firing and reloading, but its slow, and even with the skill high enough, it does not pass the 25 cap. I recommend using either the standard 10mm gun, or if you can, get yourself a Combat Shotgun, one of the best things (aside from exclusive guns) in the game."
       Yeah, I know what you mean, but I still keep it on me at most times. I use the standard 10mm gun as well as its semi-automatic counterpart. That does some hella damage.
      I just got the combat shotgun from a Raider i slaugtered with the Chinese Assualt Rifle, which I looted from the corpse of the Megaton Sherriff.

I'm being a good guy, by the way. I defused the bomb, and i killed Mr Burke when he killed the sherrif, out of vengeance. It gets you some good karma. Which half surprised me, since it IS still murder... But then, it is avenging the death of someone who represents justice in a world where justice is rarely found...
    DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DragoonKain1687

Everyone is telling me about a guy who tried to kill or killed Simms, but that never happened to me, and I defused the Bomb :D I wonder if it is another glitch of the game

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.