Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 76

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 13, 2018

A spin-off of the post-apocalyptic Fallout series, bringing the series' traditional role-playing shooter mechanics to an always-online multiplayer world in 22nd-century Appalachia.

Bethesda is teasing Fallout...something?

• 151 results
    TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheFlamingo352
    No Caption Provided

Bethesda's Twitter looks like it's teasing something Fallout related, likely for E3 in a week or so here. I think the only two things this could be are Fallout 4 on Switch or a Fallout 3 remaster. Would anyone be excited for either of those things? (Personally, I'm infinitely more interested in Bethesda as a publisher than as a developer these days)

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Obsidian tweeted that it's not them. Which is dissapointing because best case scenario would be a new vegas style half step made by them.

Fredz85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They also have a live stream on twitch showing this and fallout dude

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Wishful thinking: Bethesda finishes the 'Fallout 3 in Fallout 4's engine' mod. In before comments about "Bethesda jank", but Fallout 4 has been pretty stable in my experience on PC give or take an iffy mod or two. So having versions of Fallout 3 (and New Vegas) that function pretty well with modern systems would be nice. I don't exactly have copies of Vista laying around for dual booting anymore.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Don't care what it is, I'm buying it day 1. BGS is one of my favorite developers and Todd Howard is my god. Don't @me. On a more serious note, I'm very hyped and can't wait to see what it is. There have been both rumours of Fallout 3 Anniversary Edition (remaster) or Fallout spin-off. Or maybe Starfield was just a codename and it is actually a new Fallout/spin-off. I don't care, I'm hyped and I'm 99,9% buying it day 1.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
    Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

If anybody at Bethesda Game Studios spent any amount of time working on this when they need to be working on Elder Scrolls 6, then I'm very upset about this. I need a new ES in my life.

If it's almost literally anything else, then I'm excited. Loved FO3 and would play a re-master if it's that. Loved FO4. Would be interested in a spin-off. Basically as long as it's not an MMO or more Fallout Shelter bullshit, I'm down.

Avatar image for militantfreudian
    militantfreudian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By militantfreudian

My bet is on a new Fallout Shelter.

Edit: It has to be Fallout 4 on Switch though, right?

TehFedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm okay with it just being Fallout 3 but in Fallout 4. However what worries me is that they remove the RPG elements like they did to 4 and it just becomes another Fallout-Like game. Because 4 was a fun game but it wasn't a fun Fallout game.

Also I hope visually they make it like the Glowing Sea, because that was the best place in Fallout 4.

warius87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that a native american in the top centre of the picture?

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

A hand puppet Fallout boy just made an appearance on this this Twitch stream which was rather entertaining.

Wouldn't be shocked if this is either a Fallout 3 Remaster or possibly a new Fallout Shelter game (which I'd like to see). Certainly doubt it's a new Fallout game given that Elder Scrolls is apparently in production at this point.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might be interesting if it was a new NEW Vegas

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By hassun

... because you just know there will be a big reveal here when they have a big E3 presentation coming up in less than 2 weeks. Even a Fallout 3 port/remaster seems like too much for a stream like this.

These types of streams are terrible. It reminds me of those awful Yule log streams that are just looped footage, interspersed with short, uninteresting skits

Loading Video...
    ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout 3 or 4 on Switch

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(Square) A new fallout game, huh?

"Why yes, a new Fallout game. I certainly don't care."

(Triangle) Did I hear right?

(X) Did you hear about the new Bethesda game?

(Circle) Do you like pie?

"Pie? No. But video games? Why yes, *load pause* but *load pause* a new Fallout game. I certainly don't care."

Fallout 4 burned me so hard that at this point, I'd rather see Fallout Battle Royal than another janky shooter with janky RPG elements.

hnke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Growing more and more convinced that this stream is going to continue like this until the E3 keynote.

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

@hnke said:

Growing more and more convinced that this stream is going to continue like this until the E3 keynote.

I don't know, this seems way to early for that. If it was until E3 that seems like a bit of a dick move by Bethesda. Plus I feel we're in for a new Elder Scrolls than a new Fallout.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hnke said:

I don't know, this seems way to early for that. If it was until E3 that seems like a bit of a dick move by Bethesda. Plus I feel we're in for a new Elder Scrolls than a new Fallout.

There won't be a new Elder Scrolls. Mark my words and feel free to ridicule me if I am wrong.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

Guessing a new Fallout game in the vain of New Vegas. Fingers crossed it's just as good!

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I wouldn't want it let's say it's Fallout 3 re-master on Switch that'll be delayed and released on other platforms first.

I'd almost kill for a Fallout 5 but I have zero hopes of that happening any time soon.

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Rahf

@geirr: I understand your enthusiasm. But dear gods, no. It's too soon for even more substantial Fallout content, despite Fallout 4 being almost 3 years old at this point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
    deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Arkane Studios is making a Fallout game. Watch.

They got one of the writers for New Vegas, Chris Avellone. It's clear as day light. I'm going to be right, and all of you will bow before me.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like these Fallout Switch theories people are putting forth. That makes a lot of sense since Skyrim may have sold just under a million copies in Nintendo's hybrid which isn't bad for a seven year old game. If this news turns out to be a Newer Vegas or some other stand-alone Bethesda-style RPG release, then I think we can say there will be no news, no mention of the next single-player Elder Scrolls game. Chances of that were slim anyway since The Elder Scrolls Online just released another expansion. I fear we won't see a proper ESVI until the MMO is on the decline.

Rahf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Rahf

@tru3_blu3: Let's play with that.

My spontaneous thought is that they'd craft a focused story and more rigid narrative in such case, since open world hasn't been Arkane's MO.

Has Avellone been hired by the studio, or is he freelancing for them? That man has a diverse set of credits during the past four years, and none of it seems to entail an actual permanent place anywhere.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like these Fallout Switch theories people are putting forth. That makes a lot of sense since Skyrim may have sold just under a million copies in Nintendo's hybrid which isn't bad for a seven year old game. If this news turns out to be a Newer Vegas or some other stand-alone Bethesda-style RPG release, then I think we can say there will be no news, no mention of the next single-player Elder Scrolls game. Chances of that were slim anyway since The Elder Scrolls Online just released another expansion. I fear we won't see a proper ESVI until the MMO is on the decline.

ESO exists so that they don't have to make another Elder Scrolls game. They want to make other things.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tru3_blu3: Maaann, I don't think you're right, but I wish I did. I feel like Arkane needs a shot in the arm, and they could do amazing thing with Fallout.

If they made an immersive sim what super-powered lerson would you play as though? A BoS member? An NCR Ranger?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@theoriginalatlas said:

If anybody at Bethesda Game Studios spent any amount of time working on this when they need to be working on Elder Scrolls 6, then I'm very upset about this. I need a new ES in my life.

If it's almost literally anything else, then I'm excited. Loved FO3 and would play a re-master if it's that. Loved FO4. Would be interested in a spin-off. Basically as long as it's not an MMO or more Fallout Shelter bullshit, I'm down.

@machofantastico said:

A hand puppet Fallout boy just made an appearance on this this Twitch stream which was rather entertaining.

Wouldn't be shocked if this is either a Fallout 3 Remaster or possibly a new Fallout Shelter game (which I'd like to see). Certainly doubt it's a new Fallout game given that Elder Scrolls is apparently in production at this point.

@machofantastico said:
    @hnke said:

Bethesda has said time and time again that Elder Scrolls VI, while obviously coming eventually, is not due any time soon. They have two games in development ahead of Elder Scrolls VI. Anyone expecting TES VI any time before before like 2022, 2023 is in for big disappointment.

Loading Video...

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meptron said:

Obsidian tweeted that it's not them. Which is dissapointing because best case scenario would be a new vegas style half step made by them.

Well, that's me out. That's all I was looking for.

FNGbomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hmm, the choice of colors lends credence to those New Orleans rumors. I could totally see them teasing a new game here with a "Tune into our E3 conference for an in-depth look", then they show plenty of the game and release this fall. It's been their MO for the last few years. That or it's some disappointing port/remaster that's worse than playing on PC with mods.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1-I hope they’re outsourcing it to a studio that actually knows how to make a role playing game

2-I hope Bethesda is working on something that fits their interests better

breq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever it is, a FO3 remake, a new non numbered game, they better keep the base building in it. All the critics were like "why are we doing this?" CAUSE IT WAS FUN.

ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@hnke said:

They are putting out another TESO expansion next week, so yes, there's more TES for you.

Bezerker85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Bezerker85

With whatever team is handling the VR ports bringing Skyrim to PC a few weeks ago, most likely fallout thing seems like porting Fallout 4 VR to PSVR

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bethesda has a ton of studio capacity these days. Since it seems extremely unlikely they'll need to outsource a major project again, I have very little hope for the future of the Fallout franchise.

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damnit Bethesda, fine. I'll spend $60 on Fallout 4 switch.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Sounds like this will be a fallout themed hero-shooter made by the Battlecry team. They're going for the 'punky rascal with tattoos' vibe that Rage 2 is also going for. All heroes are based around a weapon. Payload mode has you defending an atomic bomb. Maps are based on fallout locations such as Megaton, Far Harbor, The Pitt etc. Killing people & taking objectives earns you caps which you can spend on cosmetics. Each character has a objectives-tree with more opportunities to win caps.

Now i bet this is all false info :P

CupOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its going to be Fallout 4 on the Switch. They already released ports of DOOM and Skyrim for the console so it makes sense that they would port more games. Also, its an announcement that wouldn't be exciting enough for their stage show. A spin off announcement would be an E3 thing.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

There's only one way I'll be excited - and that's if it's an isometric game.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jason Schreier already confirmed that this is a new game. Fallout 4 on switch might happen, but that's not all.

TheWildCard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

If it's anything besides Fallout 4 on Switch I'm going to be disappointed. Not expecting ES VI anytime soon but more Fallout is very bleh.

rokuthirteen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like the scene on the Twitch stream was reset/changed to be the Vault Boy sleeping with a watch by him. The watch looks like it's reading 9:47ish. Maybe that's a good time to check back to see if something will happen?

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Video game marketing is the fucking worst.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'm willing to give them one more shot with Elder Scrolls (which, by all accounts, probably isn't happening for a couple more years) but I'm not sure if I need another installment of Bethesda's take on Fallout. Fallout 4 left a bad enough taste in my mouth with some of its design and story decisions that I can't see myself getting super excited about something like a hypothetical Fallout 5 unless they decide to dramatically shift course from a path that's earned them a bajilliondy dollars.

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Someone murdered Vault-boy in cold blood! ...Or maybe he's sleeping, but who goes to bed at 8pm?

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rejizzle: Well, I'd hope they wouldn't be forcing an employee to stay past hours just to tuck in the little guy.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

They'd have to really go back and take a good look at why Fallout 4 failed in comparison to 3 and New Vegas before I'd be down for another Fallout. FO4 was just so far off the mark for me, with the terrible dialogue system (and terrible writing to go along with it) and the lack of any real innovation on the core mechanics. V.A.T.S is so done, so so incredibly done. I never want to see that system appear in any of their future games.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout Tactics 2, calling it.

Either that or Fallout V: Skyrim.

Avatar image for dancinginfernal
    dancinginfernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They'd have to really go back and take a good look at why Fallout 4 failed in comparison to 3 and New Vegas before I'd be down for another Fallout. FO4 was just so far off the mark for me, with the terrible dialogue system (and terrible writing to go along with it) and the lack of any real innovation on the core mechanics. V.A.T.S is so done, so so incredibly done. I never want to see that system appear in any of their future games.

Agreed. And so many missed opportunities with characters/lore that they just totally didn't deliver on. The Institute and synths had the opportunity to be a lot more interesting then the cliche that they actually ended up being. Personally the greatest outcome of this announcement if it isn't another Obsidian Fallout, or an outsourced one, is a redux of the first 2 games, but I seriously doubt that will ever happen.

LtTibbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fallout: Battle Royale

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.