Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 2

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

The sequel to the original Far Cry dispenses with Jack Carver, and moves the action to a war-consumed Africa complete with an open-ended storyline involving civil war, several hours of missions, heated gunplay, and a slew of dynamic elements powered by a new engine.

Big Far Cry 2 Question!

RobDaFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By RobDaFunk

don't think you can.............but i could be wrong.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

I'm not aware of any split-screen function.

Destruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Destruction
    Tarsier said:
    What is with everyone being so far in the past? Is playing online with a guest really that hard to have in your game? Halo 3 is the only one I have seen so far which lets you do that."
    You can do it in gears of war
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

I doubt it Tarsier. If I were you I would be looking to get FarCry 2. Along with the great re-playability that a open world game of the likes brings, the map maker also and all the functionality there should keep you happy for a prolonged period.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

Ive been tracking info on this game from the very start and I have yet to hear anything of the sort throughout.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Far Cry 2 worth $60 . in fact you 'll get way more than $60 from this game  . I am playing the game right now and it looks really awesome . the game world is huge and takes you far away  . it is a gigantic sand box  game that will take nearly 60 hours of your time just for the single player complete play through   . the multi player looks really good and deep . I never seen an option for split-screen while playing the game .
    I believe you should buy Far Cry 2 . it is better in almost any aspect and its multi player will be one of the best ever due to the map editor and its quality .

Destruction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Destruction
    Tarsier said:
    "Destruction said:
    "Tarsier said:
    What is with everyone being so far in the past? Is playing online with a guest really that hard to have in your game? Halo 3 is the only one I have seen so far which lets you do that."
    You can do it in gears of war"
    Last I checked you could only play split screen offline in Gears of War.
    Does anyone have any links to interviews or anything which can clear this up?
    "
    No, you can go online split screen in gears of war it just can't be a ranked match.
    daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Guys I have checked my 360 version of Far cry 2 . 
    THERE IS NO SPLIT-SCREEN FUNCTIONALITY . THERE IS ONLY  ONLINE MULTI PLAYER .

Avatar image for galvanizednails
    GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By GalvanizedNails

that seems pretty shallow thinking on the OPs part. Dead space will likely give you less than 20 hours gameplay on one playthrough and from what ive heard its kinda like bioshock. Playing it once or twice will be fun but after that you wont want it anymore. Far Cry 2 is more than just a mindless shooter, and is probaly way more worth your 60 bucks over Dead Space. Just rent dead space, buy FC2

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Systech

Well, Dead Space doesn't have splitscreen either, and it looks like Far Cry 2 could be a better game so just go for Far Cry.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By OmegaPirate
    systech said:
    "Well, Dead Space doesn't have splitscreen either, and it looks like Far Cry 2 could be a better game so just go for Far Cry."
    Yeah dead space dont have it either -so i wouldnt use that as your deciding factor as which game is more suited
    kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13  Edited By kush

There is no split-screen functionality...why that would change your mind into buying Dead Space over Far Cry 2 doesn't make sense to me though.

ieatlions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ieatlions

just cause it doesnt have split screen, doesnt   make it a bad game dead space looks amazing and far cry 2 does the same

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By daniel_beck_90

Guys , you do not need split-screen for this game , you gotta immerse into the game and for that you need to play alone .

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.