Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Far Cry 3

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Nov 29, 2012

The third installment in the series sees a reluctant victim battling nature, pirates, and the island's insanity-inducing jungle to rescue his friends and family from an island paradise gone horribly wrong.

Giant Bomb Easter Eggs in Far Cry 3

• 68 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
    deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@BaconGames said:

You know, people could, I don't know, provide more evidence one way or another. It's not like the OP is the only one who owns FC3 on PC or anything. I'm surprised this thread isn't full of screenshots of that pistol, which according to is called Shadow (or The Shadow). I would have done it myself if I had the game but I don't so there's that. Anyone else willing to post high-res screenshots of that thing? Also the recurve bow having GLHB on it.

There's every reason to believe those are GB easter eggs in the game given that GLHB on the syringe doesn't really make sense otherwise, the weapon designer is a fan of the site, and stuff like this. Prove me wrong but damnit I want more screenshots!

I would post mine up but most of the people here would just call it fake and a photoshop. Seriously, it isn't. Is it even worth photoshoping?

volcboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By volcboy84

Yeah I definitely want this to be true . . .

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By FritzDude

When TNT & GB are used it has to mean Thursday Night Throwdown & Giant Bomb, not Trinitrotoluene & Gigabyte, or the other thousands of combinations used. Also, GLHB (Glycosylated Haemoglobinis) is used in serum for identifying glucose.

jmfinamore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By jmfinamore

@MB said:

@Phished0ne said:

@Rolyatkcinmai said:

@PeasantAbuse said:

There is an item with GLHB on it as well.

It's a syringe. Glycosylated hemoglobin. It's not wishing good luck and batmans.

Glycosylated hemoglobin wouldn't be IN syringes. Well, it could be, but not in the context of injecting yourself with it.

Assuming the devs wouldn't just go "oh yeah its Glycosylated hemoglobin" without knowing that it is something you test for in the diagnosis of diabetes, not something you would inject yourself with. Unless i am missing context and the syringe isnt something you inject yourself with, i haven't played it yet.

Someone said in the Quick Look comments that the GlHb was Glycosylated Hemoglobin...but I just think they Googled "GlHb" and figured that's what it was. It's way out of context and not something that would ever have the remotest possibility of being in a syringe intended for injection.

Yea, glycosylated hemoglobin doesn't make sense. HbA1c is the right/accepted/used acronym anyway.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By peritus

@HarlequinRiot: Might be a regional thing? they are french right?

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@FritzDude said:

When TNT & GB are used it has to mean Thursday Night Throwdown & Giant Bomb, not Trinitrotoluene & Gigabyte, or the other thousands of combinations used. Also, GLHB (Glycosylated Haemoglobinis) is used in serum for identifying glucose.

You should probably read the rest of the thread.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By FritzDude

@Manhattan_Project: I did not read that, interesting. But I'm still sceptical, & it doesn't change my viewpoint: It can literally mean anything because they are initials.

Avatar image for manhattan_project
    manhattan_project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@Castermhief117 said:

@BaconGames said:

You know, people could, I don't know, provide more evidence one way or another. It's not like the OP is the only one who owns FC3 on PC or anything. I'm surprised this thread isn't full of screenshots of that pistol, which according to is called Shadow (or The Shadow). I would have done it myself if I had the game but I don't so there's that. Anyone else willing to post high-res screenshots of that thing? Also the recurve bow having GLHB on it.

There's every reason to believe those are GB easter eggs in the game given that GLHB on the syringe doesn't really make sense otherwise, the weapon designer is a fan of the site, and stuff like this. Prove me wrong but damnit I want more screenshots!

I would post mine up but most of the people here would just call it fake and a photoshop. Seriously, it isn't. Is it even worth photoshoping?

Post it. Fuck what anyone else says.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#59  Edited By FancySoapsMan

If it really is an easter egg, it's a pretty damn lame one.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Hmmmm. 
    Hmmmm. 
    Edit: More importantly, look at that sick fucking detail. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This isn't even an official easteregg, it's just something super small that someone added in.

Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Swaboo

@Castermhief117 said:

it's just something super small that someone added in.

That's pretty much the definition of an Easter egg.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Swaboo said:

@Castermhief117 said:

it's just something super small that someone added in.

That's pretty much the definition of an Easter egg.

Yeah, it's an easteregg specifically made for this community, not for the general public. A good example of a more "official" easteregg is like the Scarab gun in Halo 2 or the heart of Lady Liberty in GTA 4.

D_Mac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By D_Mac

Looks legit.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#65  Edited By bacongames

@Castermhief117 said:

No Caption Provided

This isn't even an official easteregg, it's just something super small that someone added in.

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

Hmmmm.
    Hmmmm.
    Edit: More importantly, look at that sick fucking detail.

Done and fucking done. Thanks for posting this stuff. Frankly, this thread should have been nothing but "hey here's my screenshots too!" showing this stuff and all of us rallying together like, fuck yeah! Instead it's a bunch of photoshop accusations bringing the whole mood down.

Personally, can we switch back to hype mode? GIANT BOMB IN MY VIDEO GAME WHAT WHAT!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BaconGames: The only reason why I didn't post up screenshots right away is because of all the photoshop conspiracy nuts. I mean, seriously, it's a few little low-res letters on a gun what the fuck?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By xyzygy

That is hardly an easter egg. It can mean so many different things. Gunpowder-based TNT?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Doubters gonna doubt, I BELIEVE.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#69  Edited By bacongames

@Castermhief117: Yeah, internet being the internet is a bummer. Still though, good job taking the initiative.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ArtisanBreads

This would have been on the bow if it was a Giant Bomb reference, shout out, or what have you.

It is not year of the pistol.

MAGZine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By MAGZine

As far I know, people who work on weapon models and other things like this routinely put all sorts of subtext in little things like this that don't matter. I remember there was one guy on reddit not long ago (K!77Y5P4RKL35/kittysparkles) or something who was showing off that this 1337-speaked username was on (I think) the rocketlauncher in MW.

The details are so small that artists/modelers can afford to have fun with it. It is entirely possible that it is GB TNT, as in Giantbomb Thursday Night Throwdown. Weirder things have happened.

e: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120119115438/callofduty/images/6/65/Javelin_MW2.png

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/12jpl2/iama_first_person_weapons_animator_at_infinity/

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/12jpl2/iama_first_person_weapons_animator_at_infinity/c6vnunk

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Winternet

I already believe, so I don't know what you guys are talking about now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.