Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 10, 2009

Project Origin is the direct sequel to Monolith's spooky first-person shooter, F.E.A.R.

F.E.A.R 2 demo impressions

METALM1LITIA91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By METALM1LITIA91

This was originally a game i was going skip over. I didn't really think too much of it until i played the demo. I thought the game was real solid and I think I might give it a rent.

I was really impressed with the physics. There was one shoot-out that took place in a library and their were books flying off the shelf and very believable. Also when an enemy gets shot he actually acts like he got shot!!! He will slow down and react accordingly. YThe enemies are very tough but they can still feel the bullets.

Also the creepyness has been kicked up another notch in this installment. It had a good mix of that jump out and scare you elements and also deep sinking situational scares. There were quite a few cut scenes with Alma where you get brief glimpses of her and a blood red lighting that seem to happen when you least expect it. Also the enviroment is played out very nice with lighting and sound effects. As you walk through the demo level you always feel like you are getting set up for next scare which can make the player a little uneasy and always on edge.

my only complaint is the blood and gore effects. Their is always blood all over the place which is always a good thing but I don't feel its realistic. When someone gets shot is just looks very tacted on and just an excuse for lots and lost of blood. I would like to see more detail but I guess I've been spoiled by Fallout 3's fantastic gore.

overall great demo definently gonna rent. 4 out of 5 stars.

METALM1LITIA91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By METALM1LITIA91

This was originally a game i was going skip over. I didn't really think too much of it until i played the demo. I thought the game was real solid and I think I might give it a rent.

I was really impressed with the physics. There was one shoot-out that took place in a library and their were books flying off the shelf and very believable. Also when an enemy gets shot he actually acts like he got shot!!! He will slow down and react accordingly. YThe enemies are very tough but they can still feel the bullets.

Also the creepyness has been kicked up another notch in this installment. It had a good mix of that jump out and scare you elements and also deep sinking situational scares. There were quite a few cut scenes with Alma where you get brief glimpses of her and a blood red lighting that seem to happen when you least expect it. Also the enviroment is played out very nice with lighting and sound effects. As you walk through the demo level you always feel like you are getting set up for next scare which can make the player a little uneasy and always on edge.

my only complaint is the blood and gore effects. Their is always blood all over the place which is always a good thing but I don't feel its realistic. When someone gets shot is just looks very tacted on and just an excuse for lots and lost of blood. I would like to see more detail but I guess I've been spoiled by Fallout 3's fantastic gore.

overall great demo definently gonna rent. 4 out of 5 stars.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By get2sammyb

I was another that was willing to let this game slip over me until I played the demo. It's rather impessive.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I 'll certainly buy this game , thanks for the impression duder

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.