Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

A year later a wild patch appears.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

So after a year of being on the market Fez will be getting that patch we have all been wanting...

This was most likely spurred by MS dropping all patching fees.

Source

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I'm surprised Phil cares, guess we got 5 years between now and Fez 2 so he can spend a little time a fix the game if he needs to

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

I'm surprised Phil cares, guess we got 5 years between now and Fez 2 so he can spend a little time a fix the game if he needs to

Phil Fish is an awesome human being . I'm not surprised :D

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Too bad, my save was already corrupted.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By zeforgotten

Wait, is it a wild patch when it's announced?
    Wouldn't it just be there one day and suprise everyone like when wild pokemons appear?

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Nice to see he's going to fix his game now that it's not going to cut into his profit.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By MetalGearSunny

@professoress said:

Nice to see he's going to fix his game now that it's not going to cut into his profit.

Right, because he totally didn't pay to have the first patch put up.

Edit: Or was the first patch free on Microsoft's patching system? I forget.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

@professoress said:

Edit: Or was the first patch free on Microsoft's patching system? I forget.

First patch is free, everything else has to be paid to update.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DharmaBum

Sweet, maybe my game will get passed the startup Polytron logo without crashing. Though if I really wanted to play through Fez again I'd probably do the Steam version.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ProfessorEss

@metalgearsunny said:

@professoress said:

Pretty sure he didn't. Isn't the first one is free? (edit: lol, sorry this was sitting unposted for a while :P)

Also, why does that even matter when his game, that's he's still selling to people is broken (mildly or otherwise)?

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MetalGearSunny

@metalgearsunny said:

@professoress said:

Pretty sure he didn't. Isn't the first one is free? (edit: lol, sorry this was sitting unposted for a while :P)

Also, why does that even matter when his game, that's he's still selling to people is broken (mildly or otherwise)?

It doesn't matter since the problem only impacts saves pre-patch. Not saying it's not shitty, and Fish knows it. The part that I think is great is that if he went with another publisher, they probably would've covered the charge of the patch, right? Microsoft published it and didn't care.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metalgearsunny: Respectfully agree to disagree.

For better or for worse I think the day he signed on the dotted line it became his responsibility to deliver a working product under the rules established by the contract that was signed.

I just find it a little frustrating that these guys dive headfirst into these agreements, accept the financial and marketing assistance that comes with them, and then almost instantly turn to complaining about the rules they agreed to once something comes up that is not in their favour. Are MS jerks? Sure. But they were the same jerks before he signed the contract that they were after.

I don't hate Phil Fish, but have a problem with a developer that considers his customers to be worth less than $14,000. I have a problem with a developer that thinks that deflecting blame absolves him of all responsibility. And I have a problem with a developer that preaches pride and passion but doesn't have enough pride or passion to fix his game because it's "not fair".

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14  Edited By Levio

Of all the drama around Phil, at least this patch thing was not his fault. MS should not be charging over 10 grand to patch an indie game, and it's MS's fault Phil and the consumers were screwed over in this situation.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

For better or for worse I think the day he signed on the dotted line it became his responsibility to deliver a working product under the rules established by the contract that was signed.

I just find it a little frustrating that these guys dive headfirst into these agreements, accept the financial and marketing assistance that comes with them, and then almost instantly turn to complaining about the rules they agreed to once something comes up that is not in their favour. Are MS jerks? Sure. But they were the same jerks before he signed the contract that they were after.

I don't hate Phil Fish, but have a problem with a developer that considers his customers to be worth less than $14,000. I have a problem with a developer that thinks that deflecting blame absolves him of all responsibility. And I have a problem with a developer that preaches pride and passion but doesn't have enough pride or passion to fix his game because it's "not fair".

Didnt he also go around saying it was the publishers fault that the game did not outsell Hotline Miami because there was more advertising for Hotline?

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professoress said:

Didnt he also go around saying it was the publishers fault that the game did not outsell Hotline Miami because there was more advertising for Hotline?

He was just complaining that their publisher went out of their way to promote Hotline Miami when Microsoft didn't really do anything/put up the game with no box art.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.