Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Heavy stuttering on "Clock stage"

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By zitosilva

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone came across this problem as well.

Fez has stutter issues, I think anyone that played it noticed it, but it's not really something that damages the experience so it really didn't bother me. That is, it didn't bother me until I reached the "clock stage" (basically a scenario in which there is a big clock). For some reason, in this place, the frame rate drops to, like, one frame every five seconds, which makes it completely unplayable. If I exit this scenario, the game goes back to normal, but as soon as I return to it, the frame rate takes a dive. I've tried getting passed it, but there are some moving cubes that squash you, and with the broken frame rate it's impossible (at least for me) to make it through. Has this happened to anyone else? And, if so, do you have a solution?

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

#2  Edited By ADAMWD

Yeah, I had horrible framerate issues at this area as well. It's unfortunate because it makes it a chore to get through the area, and it really just ends up being a wasted world, as you can't really enjoy what's going on due to the awful framerate.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#3  Edited By Brackynews

Heavy weather effects and zooming into the background seem to be the worst frame rate issues I'm seeing. It hasn't yet affected my precision with the controls.

Edit: Oh, I just had my first crash to dashboard during a room transition. Yuck. Oh well, nothing lost... but thar be glitches in that room, boy! (It shouldn't be a spoiler to say it's the QR code room. ;) Actually it's kinda funky, I should youtube it to help Phil out. ;D

It's also a bit odd that they haven't assigned any "box art" to the quickplay menu yet. Just the icon.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Commisar123

There is a fare amount of stuttering and crashing in this game, which is really a shame as it looks amazing and has some really neat ideas

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.