Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fez

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 13, 2012

A puzzle platformer developed by Polytron that uses a 2D perspective shifting mechanic to solve puzzles and complete levels. The main character, a white creature named Gomez, wears a fez and is obsessed with collecting hats.

Isn't there a bit of a spoiler on the Fez overview page?

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By cookiemonster

This is concerning the glyphs section. I visited the page before playing it without realising that section was there and felt it kind of spoilt some of the puzzle solving aspects for me. I mean, playing it now, you could have guessed that all those symbols was some kind of language, but you may not know that you would need to figure it out at some point, and you definitely wouldn't have known what the controller inputs for the tetrominos were. Surely this stuff should be in a guide and not in the description?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I'm pretty sure spoilers are allowed in our wiki. The reasoning is that if you are interested in a game enough to want to play it for yourself and don't want to be spoiled, a wiki for that game isn't the place to go to as it's filled with all relevant info concerning a game.

Though, this is concerning "Story" sections. I don't know how it's handled with gameplay parts.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By cookiemonster

@FluxWaveZ: Is it that obvious though? I mean, if theres a sub heading that says 'Plot' I know not to read to read that section if I don't want to ruin the story, but I can't think of anything else that comes to mind would be that obvious to avoid.

Does the wiki have some kind of spoiler bar function that you can utilize like in forum posts?

DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By DJJoeJoe

Don't read a game's wiki if you wanna play it and not be spoiled, it can be argued that almost all of the Fez wiki would have to be in a spoiler tag except the parts telling you how to jump and rotate :S A wiki is designed to catagorize and explain a video game's concepts and ideas as thoroughly as possible. If you know you're a person who doesn't like spoilers then don't find yourself on a page that lays out the game like that.

There's nothing else to say really.

mscupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By mscupcakes

The glyphs feature heavily throughout the game so to leave them out of the wiki would be leaving out a huge aspect of the game. But simply knowing the glyphs or tetrominos mean something doesn't take away from the experience of the game. It's still up to you to figure out what exactly they mean and how to solve those puzzles. And if you get to a stage where you're completely stuck then you can choose to check out the cypher we posted.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.