Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

FIFA 11

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Sep 28, 2010

FIFA 11 is the yearly, best selling football (soccer) game by EA Sports. FIFA 11 features 11 v 11 online multiplayer and the ability to play as a goalkeeper.

Demo impressions?

borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By borodin

The demo came out today and I've got to say I'm really disappointed - I didn't 'get' the new passing system, it seemed like I could hold A down to get a longer pass going but the game would decide I just wanted to roll it to a nearby player (I didn't touch the assist options mind you) and the amount each players passing ability varies just seems too much when you need to be so precise.  I also found it way too easy to take possession and too hard to keep it, I've played 4 matches so far and only 1 goal has been scored in all those games and it was scrappy as hell. Lastly, what the hell is going on with the new penalty system? :|

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

@borodin: Oh snap. Forgot demo came out. Downloading now. I'm extremely disappointed with your post :( I hope you are wrong.
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pessh
    @borodin: Go to control options and switch passing to manual. No one ever scores at first when the new game comes out, takes a while to get used too.
    borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By borodin
    @Pessh: True but I've felt the past few years have demoed *really* well, whereas with this I just didn't enjoy playing it, I'll go back at some point and take the passing assist off though and see if it helps any
    adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By adziboy
    @Pessh said:
    " @borodin: Go to control options and switch passing to manual. No one ever scores at first when the new game comes out, takes a while to get used too. "
    I was going to post but you basically said exactly what I was going to.
    borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By borodin

Well I just played it some more and wow, I'm not sure what was wrong with me earlier but I'm having way more fun with it now! Well worth a look

Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Wolverine

I love the demo. The graphics are by far improved over 2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa. The players are by far more recognizable. Also, the computer doesn't assist you as much with the accuracy of your passing which is great because it makes the gameplay more challenging. I'm glad they got rid of how you could control your player after he scored a goal and celebrate with him in 2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa. I always thought it was a bit cheesy. I've only played a couple games but this is what I've noticed so far. i'm sure I'll be back posting more things that I've noticed sooner rather then later.  

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#8  Edited By dudacles

I'm writing up a user impression blog on both the FIFA and PES demos in another tab right now.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By AhmadMetallic

hey man im all for some Fifa but what is there to demo ? 

its just another arcade-ish football game in the series.. nothing changes about Fifa 

richied0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By richied0

I didn't like the penalties either, even the AI was having trouble scoring. Otherwise it's fine. Be a goalkeeper seems a laugh but I'd never seriously learn how to do it properly with all the assists off.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c3985c661d1
    deactivated-58c3985c661d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I find it much harder. I usually play legendary and win easily but for this game I had to switch to world class, then to professional. I still find it challenging to score. I think I just need to get used to it.

dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#12  Edited By dudacles
    roborobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By roborobb

The difficulty is noticeable to me, I've been playing fifa for over a decade now and It seemed tricky to shoot accurately. Maybe with practice and getting used to how it controls it'll become easier.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.