Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XII

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 16, 2006

The last Final Fantasy game released on the PS2, Final Fantasy XII is distinguished by its condition-driven "gambit" battle system, its Monster Hunter-like open environments and side quests, and its setting in the existing fictional universe of Ivalice.

Inverting left and right?

matttty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By matttty

Is there a way to do this driving me crazy.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Axersia

Wait... you actually want to un-invert the camera?

Inverted cameras have been the standard for third-person adventure games ever since last-gen--welcome to console gaming.

Unfortunately for all you (console) FPS players out there though, this game does not give you the option to change it.

matttty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By matttty

What are you talking about since when is this game a FPS?

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Axersia

It isn't, but only FPS gamers would want their cameras un-inverted. And after looking at your posts and alignment, I came to the conclusion that you're one of them.

Was I wrong?

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Endogene

Myself i was wondering what was going on here, i was about to suggest to hold the controller upside down but guess that wont help...
    What exactly do you want to have inverted?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#6  Edited By LordAndrew

Basically, changing the direction the camera rotates when you hold left or right on the right control stick.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Endogene

Ohhh well i played through that game and i do not remember you being able to change that.

matttty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By matttty
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PureRok

I did find the camera kind of annoying with the way the horizontal camera movement was kind of backwards, but after you play it for a while you get used it. Once you go back to other games, though... takes a bit to acclimate.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Axersia
    matttty said:
    "

Thanks for an answer from some one who has played the game. Which i would think is the most important thing, if you want to answer the question.

"
    I did play it, how else would I have been able to tell you this game doesn't allow you to change it?

This game--like most non-shooters with a third-person perspective that use the right analog stick to control the camera--uses an inverted camera. And if you invert an inverted camera, you get an un-inverted camera. Were my words that hard to understand? :/

I just always get surprised when someone isn't used to inverted cameras, since all games I've played that aren't shooters and use the right analog stick to control the camera invert the X and Y axis by default.

And whenever I play a console shooter with an un-inverted camera, the first thing I do is invert it, because it's hard for me to pretend I'm actually moving the gun when the crosshair stays in the middle of the screen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.