Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Dec 15, 2011

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII released by Square Enix in early 2012.

Searching for gravition cores.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I just got to the part of the game where I can't proceed until I get seven objects. This entails searching areas I have already been from top to bottom hopeing to find one. Why put this in the game, it is tedious and I doubt anyone enjoys it.

I guess my question is how to you feel about needless padding in games? You would figure it would not be a problem but Last year Skyward Sword was terrible for it, a third of that game felt unnecessary.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By RandomHero666

I found 4 of them within a few minutes. Already had one in my inventory when I accepted the quest. Had an Idea where the other ones were, especially the ones in Oerba and New Bodhum

TheWadeBrigade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheWadeBrigade

I hate searching for stuff like that in any game so I just cheated and looked it up online. Loved the game for the most part though, it was much better than I expected given the reviews.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ZenaxPure

You only need 5 of them to progress the story, the others are for paradox stuff.  

Personally I already had all of them by the time I got to that point in the story, but I guess I could see how it could be annoying if you didn't actually search the maps for treasure and stuff.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I @TheWadeBrigade said:

I hate searching for stuff like that in any game so I just cheated and looked it up online. Loved the game for the most part though, it was much better than I expected given the reviews.

That is what I did. I now have six and don't have a wild artifact to access Orbea 400AF so the seventh will have to wait. It's a good thing I looked it up because I don't think I would have ever gotten the ones requiring a Chocobo.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @ImmortalSaiyan: Like I mentioned, you only need the 5 to progress the story. You should be good to go. 7 will net you nothing until you've beat the game.
    ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Zenaxzd said:

@ImmortalSaiyan: Like I mentioned, you only need the 5 to progress the story. You should be good to go. 7 will net you nothing until you've beat the game.

I know, I read that. I was just implying I will possibly get it later. it's nice to know I won't have to bother with it until I complete the game though.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Zenaxzd said:

I know, I read that. I was just implying I will possibly get it later. it's nice to know I won't have to bother with it until I complete the game though.

Ah alright :P 

I think this part of the game will be weird for a lot of people since it's possible to have gotten them all before you get there but if you don't have any it probably is a chore to run around and grab them since the the fragment info is pretty vague for their location (the last one you're missing right now caused me trouble so I gave in and looked at a guide for it).
    ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@Zenaxzd: You never had trouble with the Chocobo fragments? That is the first time that you have to reach areas using a Chocobo. The fragment in Bresha ruins 05AF looks like a inaccessible area and the one in Oerba 200AF you have to glide which I never knew was possible.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By Dagbiker

Spoilers in title

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Zenaxzd: You never had trouble with the Chocobo fragments? That is the first time that you have to reach areas using a Chocobo. The fragment in Bresha ruins 05AF looks like a inaccessible area and the one in Oerba 200AF you have to glide which I never knew was possible.

Nah, in video games in general I have this habit of ALWAYS hitting the jump button, most of the time I am going places I jump there. So when i got my first chocobo I sort of discovered the whole floating thing by accident, then when I saw the slab of rock conveniently pointed at the grassy area in Bresha I sort of just put 2 and 2 together, same thing with the little ramp in Oerba.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.