Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

360 screen shots

eckster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eckster

It seems the hair textures in the 360 version isn't as sharp as the Ps3 version but if you only have a 360 then this port doesn't seem that bad. 
    SOURCE LINK 

PS3 vs 360 
    PS3 vs 360 

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Why are the colours so off?  The colours are nothing like that in the PS3 version...that middle picture is just red.  O_O

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @KaosAngel said:
    " Why are the colours so off?  The colours are nothing like that in the PS3 version...that middle picture is just red.  O_O "
    I was thinking something similar when I originally saw these pictures. I have no idea what but something is wrong with these supposed 360 screens that came out yesterday, no way that is of the game in motion I imagine.
    MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Wow.  Those three pieces of dialog speak for themselves. 

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By PufferFiz

I saw  a pic  the other day that suggested the game was running on a sub 500p resolution. 
    Jeez it is like square it TRYING to ruin this game.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By KaosAngel
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    " Wow.  Those three pieces of dialog speak for themselves.  "
    Oh shit!  I just noticed that...oh god it was so much more worse in Japanese.  You NA/EU gamers are in for a treat for one of the most emo-tastic stories Square has ever made.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    Oh shit!  I just noticed that...oh god it was so much more worse in Japanese.  You NA/EU gamers are in for a treat for one of the most emo-tastic stories Square has ever made. "
    Cool story bro
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Evilsbane

Something about these screens look off...

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Cornman89
    @MAN_FLANNEL said:
    ...Yep.
    Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Fbomb
    @eckster said:
    " Here is a good shot. 

No Caption Provided
    "
    Finally. A confirmation that both systems will have Final Fantasy.
    spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By spazmaster666

Why are you comparing FMVs? It's obvious the 360 is going to have lower quality FMVs due to space issues (i.e. increased compression). Also the PS3 version seems to have 1080p FMA with 4xAA. I doubt the 360 version has that.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PufferFiz
    @spazmaster666 said:
    " Why are you comparing FMVs? It's obvious the 360 is going to have lower quality FMVs due to space issues (i.e. increased compression). Also the PS3 version seems to have 1080p FMA with 4xAA. I doubt the 360 version has that. "
    FMV are prerenderd 
    these are in-engine shots.
    spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By spazmaster666
    @PufferFiz said:
    FMV are prerenderd  these are in-engine shots. "
    You do realize that they can prerender using the game engine right? Just because it uses engine assets, doesn't mean it's not prerendered.
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PufferFiz
    @spazmaster666 said:

" @PufferFiz said:

FMV are prerenderd  these are in-engine shots. "
    You do realize that they can prerender using the game engine right? Just because it uses engine assets, doesn't mean it's not prerendered. "
    you do realize that all of the FMV's are rendered before the game comes out and are the same on both consoles except the audio stream will be compressed some, also looking at the screen shot, the circle items have obvious polys, when you are doing 3d you are not bound by a poly limit so you don't have to worry about all of that. It does not make sense to use shitty assets in a FMV when you have good ones on hand.

Here look at this. Same distortion, but clearly not a FMV.

No Caption Provided
    spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spazmaster666
    @PufferFiz said:
    you do realize that all of the FMV's are rendered before the game comes out and are the same on both consoles except the audio stream will be compressed some, also looking at the screen shot, the circle items have obvious polys, when you are doing 3d you are not bound by a poly limit so you don't have to worry about all of that. It does not make sense to use shitty assets in a FMV when you have good ones on hand. "
    Like I said in the other thread, if it is indeed an in-game shot then it's a bulshot since it uses 4xAA, whereas the actual game only uses 2xAA. Simply put, it's too clean to be an actual in-game screenshot. Anyway, the PS3 version has over 32.6 GB of FMV (and 6.8GB of actual game assets) so obviously compressing that down to 13.6 GB or so for the 360 is going to cause a considerable loss of quality.
    PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PufferFiz
    @spazmaster666 said:
    " @PufferFiz said:
    you do realize that all of the FMV's are rendered before the game comes out and are the same on both consoles except the audio stream will be compressed some, also looking at the screen shot, the circle items have obvious polys, when you are doing 3d you are not bound by a poly limit so you don't have to worry about all of that. It does not make sense to use shitty assets in a FMV when you have good ones on hand. "
    Like I said in the other thread, if it is indeed an in-game shot then it's a bulshot since it uses 4xAA, whereas the actual game only uses 2xAA. Simply put, it's too clean to be an actual in-game screenshot. Anyway, the PS3 version has over 32.6 GB of FMV (and 6.8GB of actual game assets) so obviously compressing that down to 13.6 GB or so for the 360 is going to cause a considerable loss of quality. "
    Sure but the distortion from the screen posted in this thread are NOT signs of Video compression. I am sure google has examples of what a lossless video looks like compared to a compressed AVI

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.