Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Final Fantasy XIII Sydney Launch Party

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By Johnny5

Ubisoft who publishes the game in PAL regions held a launch party at the IMAX in Sydney tonight for the 360 release.  They showed the usual footage plus a scene that hadn't been showed in the country before. Unfortunately, no cameras allowed so i don't have any pictures. However the one thing that I noticed the most during hands on is that...the game...didn't look very nice. In terms of picture quality generally, although this may have been the television on that particular display unit. 

They had a prize draw at the end of the night, prizes including a special edition of the game and the FFXIII collectors edition 360 bundle. I did not win either unfortunately. Although enough free pizza and drinks to last me a while, makes up for it.  Not to mention that they had so many free posters to hand out here was a huge pile left over and people were snatchin em up!  I got 5-6 myself. 

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Johnny5

Ubisoft who publishes the game in PAL regions held a launch party at the IMAX in Sydney tonight for the 360 release.  They showed the usual footage plus a scene that hadn't been showed in the country before. Unfortunately, no cameras allowed so i don't have any pictures. However the one thing that I noticed the most during hands on is that...the game...didn't look very nice. In terms of picture quality generally, although this may have been the television on that particular display unit. 

They had a prize draw at the end of the night, prizes including a special edition of the game and the FFXIII collectors edition 360 bundle. I did not win either unfortunately. Although enough free pizza and drinks to last me a while, makes up for it.  Not to mention that they had so many free posters to hand out here was a huge pile left over and people were snatchin em up!  I got 5-6 myself. 

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Strange.  If there's one thing good that everybody agrees on about FFXIII, it's that it's graphically awesome.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By KamasamaK
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " Strange.  If there's one thing good that everybody agrees on about FFXIII, it's that it's graphically awesome. "
    There have been reports that the Xbox 360 version isn't quite a good looking as some had hoped. I'm not much of a graphics whore so it'd probably look fine to me.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Kamasama said:
    " @FluxWaveZ said:
    " Strange.  If there's one thing good that everybody agrees on about FFXIII, it's that it's graphically awesome. "
    There have been reports that the Xbox 360 version isn't quite a good looking as some had hoped. I'm not much of a graphics whore so it'd probably look fine to me. "
    Ah, that's too bad.  But yeah, graphics are not all that for me either so I'm not too bothered by it.
    ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By ZenaxPure

As a poster collector, I am quite jealous.

Dovey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Dovey

I work at a JB in QLD and all the NSW/ACT guys got an invite to this event... so jealous.  and I too have read that the PS3 version is looking a little bit nicer than the 360 too.

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Johnny5

Yeah well officially, only the CG animation is scaled down. So the rest should be the same I think? It was definitely rough...not to mention it comes on 3 disks 

@Zenaxzd said:

" As a poster collector, I am quite jealous. "
    Oh and yeah I havent seen any of these posters online via image search.
    Void_Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Void_Wizard

That poster is SWEET! I'd love to get one of those myself somehow.*dreams*

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.