Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

How much more FF13 do I have? spoilers

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MrOldboy

I'll be out of town in a few days, sat morning. Just got FF13 from gamefly a week ago, but have not been playing it as much as I anticipated.
    I am at the 14 hr mark, plot wise...I think I am right after Snow shows up again with the motorcycle thing and now I playing him and Hope. Maybe 30 min after that happened. Edit: I just booted up my save, the cutscene that just happened was with Lightining and Snow talking on I guess a cell phone from the future.  Should have been playing more, but the MLB season just started and well, I cant intentionally miss a Cubs game, I'm actually going to an Angels game Friday night so cant play then either.

Just curious if I could possibly make it through the rest with some marathon sessions. Either that or just re-rent it when I get back. Frankly from what I've heard its at least 40 hrs so I dont think there is any possible way I can finish it.

Aljosa15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Aljosa15

You're not even at the half-way point.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Hourai

You're at like 30-40%, I'd guess. 

Yeah, it's a long game.

MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrOldboy

Well, I called my friend who I am staying with. He has a 360 so I'm gonna bring the 360 games I am playing. He has ff13 but meh, playing through 14 hrs again and the 360 version. I dont really mind that its the 360 version, but I already invested a lot of time already.

At least there is a use for that stupid mem unit I bought when I got a new HDD. Pisses me off they are allowing USB drives soon.

Anyways, the 360 version cant be that bad right? I mean on a small tv it wont matter right, I think he has a 32" like me. Or maybe its a 40". Anyways someone just assure me the 360 version isnt garbage so I can get on with my sad existence, cant believe I worry about such a trivial thing as what version I play considering I refuse to buy the game.

Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Lawrens

25-30hrs left, the game should be about 40hrs if you don't bother with the hunts, my friend beat it at 42hours or so with a few hunts completed, I clocked at 54 and I did 20hunts and wandering around a bit killing mobs for no particular reason, just for comparison's sake.

The 360 version shouldn't be too bad, unless you really care about graphics, it runs at a lower res and the compressed videos probably doesn't look as good as they were on ps3, but that's probably all, heard a spot or two have framerate drop, but I can't confirm that myself, it shouldn't matter as it's an rpg where you press auto attack over and over.

SadPatrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By SadPatrol

You are not even close.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HitmanAgent47

40 hours, i'm like at 60 hours and I am just at the last boss. You have to do alot of level grinding. I also rented the game too because I couldn't get a copy until the new few days. You can't finish it with a rental.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By RandomHero666
    @MrOldboy said:
    " Well, I called my friend who I am staying with. He has a 360 so I'm gonna bring the 360 games I am playing. He has ff13 but meh, playing through 14 hrs again and the 360 version. I dont really mind that its the 360 version, but I already invested a lot of time already.  At least there is a use for that stupid mem unit I bought when I got a new HDD. Pisses me off they are allowing USB drives soon.  Anyways, the 360 version cant be that bad right? I mean on a small tv it wont matter right, I think he has a 32" like me. Or maybe its a 40". Anyways someone just assure me the 360 version isnt garbage so I can get on with my sad existence, cant believe I worry about such a trivial thing as what version I play considering I refuse to buy the game. "

You consider a 40" TV small? 
    The 360 version is great.. i dont see any difference between the 2 versions.
    MrOldboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrOldboy

32" is, which is what he has. 40" is getting there.

I just said eff it and started over on the 360. I am obviously going way faster, but still killing every enemy and finding every loot possibility. I dont remember where I stopped, but I am past where you get Shiva. About 2hrs, which feels way shorter than my PS3 playthrough considering I only watched the full CG cut-scenes.

Honestly though, I am pretty disappointed with the video compression, its just...bad. No other way around it, like I am watching a dvd rip at times. The game itself doesn't look bad, but I feel some AA would have helped as all the edges look mad jaggy, which is annoying when you're close to a 32" tv. I feel I've played 360 games that look marginally better.
    But I guess 360 owners should just be glad they got the game. 

What really bothered me was that the controls are mapped exactly the same from the DS3 to 360 controller. So the L1 and R1 buttons translate to the bumpers. Such a simple change to move that to the triggers would have made a huge difference imo considering how often you use the bumpers. I just find it uncomfortable to hold my index fingers over the bumpers instead of the triggers, and its a long game and I am constantly hitting the triggers anticipating them to do something. Dpad sucks, we all know that, wish I could just use a DS3 on the 360 just this once.

I'll be here a while so I think even though the 360 version is not what I wanted it to be, I now have over a month to play it however I want to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.