Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

Weird FFXIII problem!

Somnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Somnus

So i was playing ff13 a few nights ago on my ps3. I was in the last dungeon of the game, and i went shopping and by mistake spent to much gil. So i was like: "No problem, i just saved the game. I can just load my save file."     So i went to the playstation menu and quit the game. But  when i tried to restart the game, it only gave me a disk read error message. So i was like thats weird, and i took the game out and put it back.  Now the ps3 didnt seem to register the game at all, like there was no disk in at all! I tried other games and they work just fine. Its only ff13. I havent been able to get it to work since. Has anyone else been having these kinds of problemas? I want to know is this a glitch or is my copy of the game just broken.

Somnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Somnus

So i was playing ff13 a few nights ago on my ps3. I was in the last dungeon of the game, and i went shopping and by mistake spent to much gil. So i was like: "No problem, i just saved the game. I can just load my save file."     So i went to the playstation menu and quit the game. But  when i tried to restart the game, it only gave me a disk read error message. So i was like thats weird, and i took the game out and put it back.  Now the ps3 didnt seem to register the game at all, like there was no disk in at all! I tried other games and they work just fine. Its only ff13. I havent been able to get it to work since. Has anyone else been having these kinds of problemas? I want to know is this a glitch or is my copy of the game just broken.

WhytePanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By WhytePanther

That is quite odd.  Didn't have any problems like that myself, and I'd hate to see you have to start over.  Have you tried backing up your save files (to a USB stick or the like), and booting the game without any saves on the hard drive?  Also, I can't remember if the PS3 has any sort of cache on it, if it does, you might try clearing it.  Another thing to try if you can, is another copy of the disc, or your disc in someone else's PS3, to at least isolate where the problem is coming from.

Somnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Somnus

I wasnt able to fix the problem, so i took the game back to the store and they gave me a new copy for free! Yeah!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.