Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Mar 09, 2010

This entry into the Final Fantasy universe is set in the worlds of Pulse and Cocoon. Players take control of multiple characters who are caught in a war between these worlds.

What to sell?

Diablah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Diablah

Ok im only like on ch4 and i feel like i should sell some stuff im picking up but then again im also afraid to because i don't know if it will be used for something else later on, any tips on what i should do?

Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
    RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

sell all of your pheonix downs. you dont need those things

RADA217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RADA217

i say sell wat ever u can i still do an im at ch11 only keep potions
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Rockdalf

First off, Credit Chips, if you haven't figured that out, I knew it took me awhile to do so.

Secondly, gear you don't plan on using.  I may wind up eating those words later when I find out I need all of Lightning's weapons, but I needed cash so I sold all the ones I wasn't using.  If it's already in the store for sell and you don't plan on using it, definitely safe in selling it.

Also, what do you want to buy by Ch. 4?  Most of the stuff you can get by finding chests.

Save your moneys.

Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5  Edited By Symphony
    @Rockdalf said:
    " First off, Credit Chips, if you haven't figured that out, I knew it took me awhile to do so.  Secondly, gear you don't plan on using.  I may wind up eating those words later when I find out I need all of Lightning's weapons, but I needed cash so I sold all the ones I wasn't using.  If it's already in the store for sell and you don't plan on using it, definitely safe in selling it.  Also, what do you want to buy by Ch. 4?  Most of the stuff you can get by finding chests.  Save your moneys. "
    I held on to every accessory and weapon thinking I might need them in the future. You really don't need them ever. You can upgrade the weapons to different ultimates later on by quite frankly you'll do just fine sticking with one (eg. I stuck with Lightning's Gladius, never changed it to a different weapon and eventually upgraded it to her Omega. Just upgrading that one cost a fortune so I have no plans of upgrading a second weapon for her)

So yeah, toss those accessories you don't think you'll ever use -- I never used any 30% resist debuff types (eg white capes or star pendants) and once you start getting higher leveled +strength or +magic or +hp accessories sell the weaker ones off. It's cheaper to just buy the higher level ones from the store than upgrading the weaker ones and at a certain point in the game the HP ones will become totally worthless as you'll be filling nodes in the crystarium that give you 200-400 HP each

Don't sell any sashes or catalogs though!
    Diablah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Diablah

i don't want to buy anything but i keep picking up stuff from the fights and im like wtf do i need that stuff is it all trash and is there a mix of like junk or stuff i need? after posting this i just go to the part where explanes the upgrade system so :D i guess i figured it out and thanks for the reply

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @Diablah: Most the components you get from mobs are used for upgrades, I sold mine without even realizing it (curse you FF12 for teaching me this!) so yeah I was pretty annoyed when it came time to upgrade gear.
    Diablah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Diablah
    @Zenaxzd said:

" @Diablah: Most the components you get from mobs are used for upgrades, I sold mine without even realizing it (curse you FF12 for teaching me this!) so yeah I was pretty annoyed when it came time to upgrade gear. "

wow man that sucks, Its kind of weird how the game slowly teaches ya what up. I guess they didn't want to scare people off who haven't played a FF game before or something. Having play 
    Phantasy Star Online for the GC and Persona 3 and 4, FF13 so feel like one of those titles to me. I expected something more different.
    viney212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By viney212

Not that trophies and whatnot are a big deal, but If you happen to be trophy/achievement hunting, just don't sell the low level elemental rings (i.e. ember ring, frost ring, aqua ring, etc.) The treasure hunter trophy/achievement requires you to own each item in the game at least once, but upper level elemental rings can only be acquired by upgrading from the lower level rings, which you find in treasure chests, but never in shops.  If you sell them you'll never get a chance to re-buy them again to start the upgrades.  The only other way to acquire them is by maxing out and dismantling elemental charms (i.e. Fire Charm, Ice Charm, etc.), which can also only be acquired once from treasure chests in Chapter 11.  So don't sell those either.

Skyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Skyler

Don't sell anything. What do you need gil for anyways?

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Addfwyn

I sell most of my components to buy the specific ones I want (colored jellies and perfect conductors).  I tend to sell the rest to just focus on those.  

Don't sell your weapons/keep one of each accessory at least if you want the treasure hunter trophy, some things can only be acquired by upgrading the lower level stuff.  I sell duplicate accessories and excess components, plus the items meant for selling like credit chips, incentive chips, and ingots.  Probably should keep your minerals too, you need those to upgrade a weapon from tier 1 to tier 2 (to upgrade a weapon to tier 3 requires either a 2 million gil item or a rare drop from an annoyingly hard enemy)

Money is always hard to get in this game, just the way it is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.