cambody's Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360) review

Pleasantly Surprised

I finally pulled the trigger on buying Final Fantasy XIII because I found it on sale for 19.99 new.  I went in with low hopes mostly due to the reviews and comments I have read online.  Other than being the most gorgeous game on the 360 to date it was also one of the most polished.  This is one of, if not the most linear final fantasy game but the story is good enough to hold it up.  If you are a fan of Final Fantasy 7 or 8 you should be a fan of this story.  I found many similarities of these characters and my favorites of the past like Squall, Riona, Vincent.  If you are a fan of the stories of the past you should be a fan of this one.  The leveling system is great completely original and the battle system is fresh.  Don't get me wrong the old style of jrpg (of which I found Final Fantasy IX to be the best ) is great but just outdated .  If you played Infantile Undiscovery and loved it this might not be for you.  They knew they had to make changes and I think they did a great job.  There is less random battles and more boss fights which are beautifully balanced.   So stop listening to all of the haters and give FF XIII a try you might find yourself surprised.