Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy

Franchise »

Final Fantasy is Square Enix's most famous and successful franchise and has been going for more than 35 years. With the impending release of Final Fantasy XVI, there are sixteen numbered mainline games, with dozens of spin-offs.

Anyone else want this from a Final Fantasy?

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By I_smell

I've played Final Fantasy 7, 9 and 12.
    I really connected with the world of FF7; you start in Midgar which is this dirty-ass slum district made of old machine parts. It's all smokey and broken, people live in wrecked busses and vans, the church roof's fell through,there are 7 power plant reactors, best of all there's a big industrial steel cieling to this city, so there's no sun. It's all very mechanical, there's no mages or moogles, instead of an evil league of lords n princes they've got the Shinra corporation, Barret has a gun for a hand, he lives in a basement under a bar etc etc.

I love that aesthetic; but I hate what is basically the absolute opposite of that in 12. All this fantasy wizard bollocks goes right over my head. It'd be a shame for em to try another miserable urban FF now that everyone's doing post-apocolyptic wasteland games, but still..

Anyone else want them to make another ghetto-ass FF game? I'm so not interested in 13.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Meowayne

The word you're looking for is "Cyberpunk".

And you should try Lost Odyssey. It is generally agreed upon that it is the game Final Fantasy XII should have been.

I_smell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By I_smell

I don't know, "cyberpunk" to me sounds too futuristic. Like that sounds like 20XX Tokyo to me.

and Lost Odyssey is far too regal for me to actually like.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jimbo
    @I_smell said:
    "   All this fantasy wizard bollocks goes right over my head.  "
    This is how I feel about most games.
    CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By CharleyTony

I actually prefer the wizard stuff.. I want more FF 4, 6, 9, 12 stuff 

Lost Odyssey did have mechanical things but I would associate it with FF8 instead of FF7
    kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By kingclaw

i think ff versus 13 in going to have that kind of aesthetic, we´ll see, i hope this will be good

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By shirogane

Yeah, i liked the world and feel of it from ff7, but didn't like anything else about that game. 

So yeah,  a new one like that would be nice.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.