Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy

Franchise »

Final Fantasy is Square Enix's most famous and successful franchise and has been going for more than 35 years. With the impending release of Final Fantasy XVI, there are sixteen numbered mainline games, with dozens of spin-offs.

Distant Worlds: Music from FINAL FANTASY

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By PureRok

So, I was wondering if anyone else is planning to go to any of the concerts this year. I'm going to go see the one in Seattle.

http://www.ffdistantworlds.com/

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By suneku

If there was one close to me I'd be down to go. I just listened to their Ronfaure from FFXI... damn that theme brings back great memories.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By PureRok

Well, I figured I'd bump this for anyone who may have missed it with some nice news. My tickets arrived today, here's one of them (lightly edited):

No Caption Provided
    Evidently this is sponsored by Microsoft:

No Caption Provided

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Optiow

If I could get there, I would go.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#5  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

I remember when this concert debuted in Chicago. Nobou Uematsu showed up, but I never bought a ticket; it's a shame too since I had the money. :(

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By AgentJ
    PureRok said:
    "Well, I figured I'd bump this for anyone who may have missed it with some nice news. My tickets arrived today, here's one of them (lightly edited):

No Caption Provided
    Evidently this is sponsored by Microsoft:

No Caption Provided
    "
    This particular concert isnt necessairily sponsored by Microsoft, but the Benoroya Hall and the Seattle Symphony are deep in Bill Gates pockets. he goes to their concerts all the time. 
    m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By m1k3

I've seen video's of Tour de Japon and Play!, i really want to go to one of these events.

nexas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nexas

I would love to go to one of these shows, but I live no were near any of them. That and I have no one to go with.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#9  Edited By AgentJ
    m1k3 said:
    "I've seen video's of Tour de Japon and Play!, i really want to go to one of these events."
    Nexas said:
    "I would love to go to one of these shows, but I live no were near any of them. That and I have no one to go with."
    I have seen both play and video games live, and I'll tell you video games live is much more enjoyable. Play is nice, but they dont really show much game footage while the music is going. Its much more about the musicians and the instruments. On the other hand, Video Games live has blaring music, lights, smoke, effects, some skits, and always has game footage going on the screens, making it much more epic. Plus, they did a Metroid piece when i saw it. Play didnt.
    m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By m1k3
    AgentJ said:
    "m1k3 said:
    "I've seen video's of Tour de Japon and Play!, i really want to go to one of these events."
    Nexas said:
    "I would love to go to one of these shows, but I live no were near any of them. That and I have no one to go with."
    I have seen both play and video games live, and I'll tell you video games live is much more enjoyable. Play is nice, but they dont really show much game footage while the music is going. Its much more about the musicians and the instruments. On the other hand, Video Games live has blaring music, lights, smoke, effects, some skits, and always has game footage going on the screens, making it much more epic. Plus, they did a Metroid piece when i saw it. Play didnt.
    "
    Play! and Tour de Japon were more Formal orchestral experiences (Tour de Japon was the most formal) where you would have to dress not really in tux's, but nice. while VGL is more casual experience. For me i really like Tour de Japon since it was more about the orchestra (i mean the only thing on stage is the orchestra).
    Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
    auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By auspiciousqueue

I've been to Dear Friends.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.