Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Oct 07, 2004

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones is the eighth game in the Fire Emblem series. At the time of its release, it was only the second game in the franchise to be released outside of Japan.

Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones

Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Edited By Mexalen

As I didn't have any time left for playing in the evenings the last couple months, was it because of my relationship or the fact my Xbox broke 3 weeks ago, I once again picked up my trusted NintendoDS couple weeks ago. First i played through Locks Quest, wich I had picked up in february from the bargain bin, maybe I am writing up a review because it's a decent game, allthough way to easy.

After finishing Locks Quest, and removing the cartridge, I realized that I still had Fire Emblem: The sacred stones in the GBA-Slot. It's been there almost since I bought it, more then 3 years ago! And to my shame I hadn't come around to finishing it...

About an hour ago, I finally watched the end credits :)
    I am glad I picked it up again, and I wished I had put more effort into it. But actually I just wanted it to be over and done with, so I could finally move on. I don't think I did the game enough credit with that, as it's an awesome game, with lot's of possibilities. 

Now I need to look for the cartridge of the first GBA Fire Emblem. I think I didn't finish that one too after failing the same mission over and over again. I think it's time to just rush through and get done with it. Get some closure on that... 

Maybe I can pick up the DS remake then. And maybe I once manage to play a Fire Emblem-game properly from start to finish, but I wouldn't bet any money on that :)
    Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Mexalen

As I didn't have any time left for playing in the evenings the last couple months, was it because of my relationship or the fact my Xbox broke 3 weeks ago, I once again picked up my trusted NintendoDS couple weeks ago. First i played through Locks Quest, wich I had picked up in february from the bargain bin, maybe I am writing up a review because it's a decent game, allthough way to easy.

After finishing Locks Quest, and removing the cartridge, I realized that I still had Fire Emblem: The sacred stones in the GBA-Slot. It's been there almost since I bought it, more then 3 years ago! And to my shame I hadn't come around to finishing it...

About an hour ago, I finally watched the end credits :)
    I am glad I picked it up again, and I wished I had put more effort into it. But actually I just wanted it to be over and done with, so I could finally move on. I don't think I did the game enough credit with that, as it's an awesome game, with lot's of possibilities. 

Now I need to look for the cartridge of the first GBA Fire Emblem. I think I didn't finish that one too after failing the same mission over and over again. I think it's time to just rush through and get done with it. Get some closure on that... 

Maybe I can pick up the DS remake then. And maybe I once manage to play a Fire Emblem-game properly from start to finish, but I wouldn't bet any money on that :)
    Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Red

Fire Emblem's an awesome series, and I'm still having difficulties deciding whether I like The Blazing Sword or Sacred Stones more. I ordered Shadow Dragon a week ago, and I'm interested in seeing how it feels.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

I liked all the Fire Emblem games, and Sacred Stones doesn't get enough credit. And while I can see why, it doesn't deserve the hate it gets, glad you enjoyed it.

And Shadow Dragon, in my opinion, isn't as great after you play the others. It's a really strange game compared to the others, and it left me wishing I had played it first. That being said, I'm still glad I played it, but it was a bit disappointing. Also, if you have a Wii you should pick up the GC and Wii FE games.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Red

Maybe not the Wii FE, but definitely the GameCube version. That game wasn't quite as good as Sacred Stones or The Blazing Sword, but it was still an awesome strategy game.

Mexalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mexalen

I love the FE-Series, and am quite ashamed to not having finished Sacred Stones earlier. I am definatly thinking about buying Shadow Dragon, now that I played Sacred Stones. But I don't want to restart the earlier ones again ...

The reviews I read all pointed out, that Shadow Dragon is not the pinnacle of the series, but I guess I don't mind.
    Thanks for your feedback ;)

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#6  Edited By ahoodedfigure

Was sacred stones pretty easy?  I keep hearing from people that it's much easier than the original western-release GBA FE.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.